Developmental Team Moving From Ann Arbor to Plymouth, MI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Developmental Team Moving From Ann Arbor to Plymouth, MI

USA Hockey sent out a release yesterday stating they will be moving from Ann Arbor to Compuware Arena in Plymouth. In addition to purchasing the arena, they hope to be able to host international events with the move.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Re: Developmental Team Moving From Ann Arbor to Plymouth, MI

Interesting. Not exactly like it's a huge move. It's less of a move than the Pistons moving to Auburn Hills or when the Lions were in Pontiac.
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
      Interesting. Not exactly like it's a huge move. It's less of a move than the Pistons moving to Auburn Hills or when the Lions were in Pontiac.
      Remains basically Red's feeder program
      I'M JUST KIDDING as far as you know

Comment

How many seats are in the Plymouth rink compared to the Ann Arbor rink?

Future tournaments and showcases in Plymouth. I see this as a good move USA hockey.

Comment

3500 seats on the NHL rink, 4500 SRO. I think the Olympic sheet has 750-1000 but if USA Hockey is buying it they can always expand it.
          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

I don't know how many of you have been to both rinks. I'm assuming the posters from local teams have seen both. Neither arena is difficult to get to, and I've never known parking to be an issue at either venue.

It's been a while since I've been to Compuware, but I was at the Ice Cube last season. In the Cube, the concourse was nice, and there's plenty of room to get around in there. What they call the "Stadium Rink", which is where the USNTDP plays, is bright, but okay, but the rest of the rinks could stand to be cleaned up a bit. The Stadium Rink could use a power washer or two as well.

Compuware is, obviously, much larger, and should serve the USNTDP well. This move also tells me that the Plymouth Whalers, the OHL team that currently occupies the space, are gone after this season. Peter Karmanos has been making noise about moving the Whalers for 2-3 years now due to attendance issues, and this is his way out.
            FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
              I don't know how many of you have been to both rinks. I'm assuming the posters from local teams have seen both. Neither arena is difficult to get to, and I've never known parking to be an issue at either venue.

It's been a while since I've been to Compuware, but I was at the Ice Cube last season. In the Cube, the concourse was nice, and there's plenty of room to get around in there. What they call the "Stadium Rink", which is where the USNTDP plays, is bright, but okay, but the rest of the rinks could stand to be cleaned up a bit. The Stadium Rink could use a power washer or two as well.

Compuware is, obviously, much larger, and should serve the USNTDP well. This move also tells me that the Plymouth Whalers, the OHL team that currently occupies the space, are gone after this season. Peter Karmanos has been making noise about moving the Whalers for 2-3 years now due to attendance issues, and this is his way out.
              Whalers were losing money and most OHL franchises are making it in barrels. IMHO it'll be a step up for the ntdp.

I don't see them expanding it much, at least at first.
              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Working...
              X