This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
    So according to thumpers like my dad, Planned Parenthood is fighting for their lives after the election. And of course, according to them, everyone at PP should be charged with murder.

Then again, these people are not pro-life. They're pro-fetus.
    Pro-fetus / anti-female / anti-choice ... Not sure what you call it but pro-life has never been a very fitting term.

Comment

• Re: The "I Can't Believe There's No Abortion Thread" Abortion Thread

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
      Pro-fetus / anti-female / anti-choice ... Not sure what you call it but pro-life has never been a very fitting term.
      Pro-chattel.

Zeus says a woman's sexuality is the property of her father and then her husband. During the interim it is to be managed by the state in the best interest of the power structure.

You know, "limited government."
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        Pro-chattel.

Zeus says a woman's sexuality is the property of her father and then her husband. During the interim it is to be managed by the state in the best interest of the power structure.

You know, "limited government."
        Meanwhile the person without a voice gets sucked out, chopped up, and sold for parts.

There will be a reckoning one day.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          Meanwhile the person without a voice gets sucked out, chopped up, and sold for parts.

If you're not having sex right this minute you're causing a holocaust.

Abstinence is murder.

When there's a reckoning, here's you're #1 mass murderer.
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            Maybe you should remind him that tDonald has said, more than once, that Planned Parenthood has done great things for women.

Unless he thinks Pen-sieve/Congress are going to set all the policy and Trump is just going to ink everything...then he's probably right.
            Politics for all "cause" groups, whether it's Planned Parenthood, the NRA, etc..., is always a "win/win" game. Either your guy gets in, and the laws are likely to tilt slightly in your direction until the next election, or you have a perfect message (fear) for raising capital.
            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
              Politics for all "cause" groups, whether it's Planned Parenthood, the NRA, etc..., is always a "win/win" game. Either your guy gets in, and the laws are likely to tilt slightly in your direction until the next election, or you have a perfect message (fear) for raising capital.
              That's true.

The other thing is this will show to even the dumbest Trump supporter (let that thought roll around for a bit) that when the GOP talks about all the stuff they would do to help him if only it weren't for the Democrats it is completely BS. That have a straight run now; they can do whatever they like.

Good luck with that, sunshine.
              Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                That's true.

The other thing is this will show to even the dumbest Trump supporter (let that thought roll around for a bit) that when the GOP talks about all the stuff they would do to help him if only it weren't for the Democrats it is completely BS. That have a straight run now; they can do whatever they like.

Good luck with that, sunshine.
                There are two problems for the Democrats, though, that I see. First, the dumbest segment of any electorate isn't going to get, believe or pay attention to an argument like "the other side controls the presidency and both houses of Congress, so it's their fault." Those people exist at the bottom of both parties and I'm not sure there is much you can do about them.

The second problem is candidates like Clinton didn't really try.

I understand in this age of television wanting to go to a rally where everyone is enthusiastic for you and you'll get a huge turnout. But every time I saw HRC on tv before the election she was on some college campus. If you're looking for the dumbest Trump supporters so you can make your pitch to them, I wouldn't look at Bryn Mawr.
                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                  There are two problems for the Democrats, though, that I see. First, the dumbest segment of any electorate isn't going to get, believe or pay attention to an argument like "the other side controls the presidency and both houses of Congress, so it's their fault." Those people exist at the bottom of both parties and I'm not sure there is much you can do about them.

The second problem is candidates like Clinton didn't really try.

I understand in this age of television wanting to go to a rally where everyone is enthusiastic for you and you'll get a huge turnout. But every time I saw HRC on tv before the election she was on some college campus. If you're looking for the dumbest Trump supporters so you can make your pitch to them, I wouldn't look at Bryn Mawr.
                  I dunno, you ever been to Bryn Mawr...

"If all the girls who attended the Yale prom were laid end to end, I wouldn't be a bit surprised." -- Dorothy Parker

But your point is well taken. Whoever (Kamala Harris) the next Democratic (Kamala) nominee is (Harris), he or she better spend a good portion of their time doing the hard hat pander. That's how the game has always been played. I know you're not going to do anything for me, but have the courtesy to lie to me at least.
                  Last edited by Kepler; 11-16-2016, 01:45 PM.
                  Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                    As George Carlin put it: "If you're preborn, you're fine. If you're preschool, you're effed."
                    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                      As George Carlin put it: "If you're preborn, you're fine. If you're preschool, you're effed."
                      Republicans want live babies so they can grow up to be dead soldiers.
                      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                        Republicans want live babies so they can grow up to be dead soldiers.
                        Mind you, I am pro-choice, but neat little sayings like this are just unnecessarily nasty. I can't think of any anti-choicer who wants live births just so they've got cannon fodder for the next war.

They're still wrong, but they aren't monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          Mind you, I am pro-choice, but neat little sayings like this are just unnecessarily nasty. I can't think of any anti-choicer who wants live births just so they've got cannon fodder for the next war.

But if we're pro-choice and pregnant and get abortion then joe say we MURDER BABBY, because either we haven't thought this through ("Hey... we shouldn't kill people My God, joe is right!") or we have and we're monsters ("I'm bored. Let's murder some babby today." "Meh, whatevs.") since there is no other possibility.

It's almost as if there is a double standard here where the pro chattel folks get to call us every name in the book and we have to meekly submit because... I forget, why do we have to treat them like little snowflakes again?
                          Last edited by Kepler; 11-16-2016, 06:08 PM.
                          Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

Where do Republicans put most of their energy? Anti-abortion, cutting education funding, getting rid of programs to help the poor, and boosting defense funding.

Yeah, live babies to be dead soldiers.
                            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                              Where do Republicans put most of their energy? Anti-abortion, cutting education funding, getting rid of programs to help the poor, and boosting defense funding.

Yeah, live babies to be dead soldiers.
                              If Republicans put any actual energy into opposing abortion, it would be illegal. 33 Governorships, 67 (of 98) state legislature houses, and both chambers of Congress.
                              If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

well B S. Three times over. i'm, not buying that a zygote is a person. and fyi if pp get's defunded, they will never have so much money, just look at some of the other organizations that since the election are rolling in it.
                                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Working...
                                X