• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The "I Can't Believe There's No Abortion Thread" Abortion Thread

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Consensual rape is my favorite rape

I can't see why it wouldn't be?
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I wish I could say that I think these pols are just trying to "own the libs" with dumb comments like this, but the fact is they really are that willfully ignorant in almost all cases.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        I wish I could say that I think these pols are just trying to "own the libs" with dumb comments like this, but the fact is they really are that willfully ignorant in almost all cases.
        The date rape reference is priceless. Like it's just ok to rape your date because, well, you have needs.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I think by "consensual rape" they really mean "statutory rape"...

Still a stupid comment...
          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
          Originally posted by Quizmire
          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Let's assume Roe were to be overturned. Realistically, what do folks suppose the odds are that in our lifetimes, Dred Scott gets relitigated as the right of red states to demand extradition of their citizens who travel to blue states to have abortions? How does states' rights come into play here? Or is this something like with pot where it would have to be explicitly illegal at the federal level and/or defined by the feds that it is criminal common law that abortion is a form of murder?

Comment

I don’t know, but the first time a state demands extradition for an abortion to try that person for murder, it will be one of the more tenuous times since the 1860s. It could be incredibly fractious with a lot of ugly repercussions.

And part of me says “good”. The red states will fail without the blue.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

The WaPo had a great opp Ed today about when life begins. Can we insure fetuses now? Do we celebrate conception vs birthday? Are fetuses counted in a census? Do they get their own healthcare? Are miscarriages counted for tax purposes? Can you jail a pregnant woman if you’re forcing a second person to be incarcerated?

Comment

The WaPo had a great opp Ed today about when life begins. Can we insure fetuses now? Do we celebrate conception vs birthday? Are fetuses counted in a census? Do they get their own healthcare? Are miscarriages counted for tax purposes? Can you jail a pregnant woman if you’re forcing a second person to be incarcerated?
                  mookie would like to count them as dependents on tax returns!!!! extra child tax credit!!!!
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Isn't "personhood" grand?

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      Isn't "personhood" grand?
                      Spoiler alert- conservatives will only consider it a person when it punishes the woman. It won’t count for anything else.

Comment

Conservatives who cheer sheriffs who defy laws will surely cheer this too, right?

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...-women-who-get

Comment

Cross Louisiana off your destination list. They're about to have a bill themselves...

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ZQnBSYstzPo9ZE
                          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                          Patreon for exclusive writing content
                          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

“A good compromise is when both parties are dissatisfied”

― Larry David
                            I got into a long discussion about abortion while having a few cocktails with my youngest daughter. She is of the thought that abortion should be readily available regardless. I am of the thought that with current birth control methods, elective abortion should be available but difficult to obtain and hardly ever performed. Here was our compromise:

1. All insurances will cover birth control (including IUD, "Morning-after pill", Norplants, BCPs, etc.) Condoms are considered a method of disease prevention not birth control. Tax breaks will be given to companies & providers that provide free birth control to any uninsured women.
                            2. A fetal evacuation/extraction may be performed on ANY women whose life is endangered by pregnancy or a victim of rape (this includes incest). These procedures are not considered an abortion.
                            3. A women may choose to have a first trimester abortion from a qualified provider for any reason.
                            4. All insurances would be required to cover the costs of the first lifetime abortion to 100% of the typical surgical coverage (i.e. If a women's insurance covers 50% or 80% or all of the cost of an appendectomy, it would be the same for an abortion). Second lifetime abortion would be covered at 50% unless women voluntarily agrees to strict birth control methods which would change coverage to 100%. Third abortion would be 25%
                            coverage unless women voluntarily agrees to strict birth control methods which would change coverage to 50%. Fourth abortion, hope your bank account is full. (Please note that medical contraindications to all available birth control methods would void the
                            decrease in coverage)
                            5. Second or third trimester abortions immediately add an additional lifetime abortion to a women's record (e.g. a first time second trimester abortions would be considered the women's second lifetime abortion and so on) unless valid rational can be provided (e.g.
                            Medical condition prohibits surgery in first trimester,
                            no available provider, etc. "I was too busy" or "I forgot" won't fly).
                            6. Failure of documented properly utilized birth control methods that result in a first trimester abortion will not be counted on a women's lifetime abortion record.
                            7. All insurances will cover 100% of delivery/prenatal/postnatal costs should baby be carried to term and put up for adoption.

By NO means is this a perfect plan and it clearly is not built to allow for every contingency out there (we were, after all, sucking down the cocktails). However, it could seemingly cut down on the number of abortions while keeping them readily available. She wasn't totally pleased with the idea but neither was I. Regardless, it will never happen. Both sides use this issue to fire up their base so any compromise is out of the question.

After reviewing what I just wrote, I think this one post probably contains more words than all of my prior posts put together.
                            "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
                            Groucho Marx
                            "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
                            Ron White
                            "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
                            Milo Bloom

Comment

My plan is simpler: get government out of vaginas that aren’t theirs.

Either that or all men when born get mandatory but reversible vasectomies. Upon completion of an evaluation of their competency to father a child, insurance will cover 100% of the costs.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

My 82 year-old grandmother, slowly losing her battle with dementia, still managed to have the best take on this last night. She can't quite form the sentences right anymore, but the gist of her reaction to the news of the Alabama law was, "It's a private decision, and it should be left at that."

Comment

Working...
                                X