Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A light bulb, a door-to-door jokester and a geneticist walk into a bar ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A light bulb, a door-to-door jokester and a geneticist walk into a bar ...

"How many picked-on group du jour does it take to change a light bulb?"
    "Knock knock! (who's there?) ..."
    "A diverse group of objects walk into a bar ..."
    "What happens when you cross something A with something B?", said the geneticist with a sense of humor.

Because it seemed like "really bad puns" just weren't a good fit for these. Not as if these are any less painful, though .

Example:
    How many thought police does it take to change a lighbulb?
    A: There *was* no light bulb. Don't you remember??

Or whatever category has stood the test of time. Stuff like that.

Re: A light bulb, a door-to-door jokester and a geneticist walk into a bar ...

Classics in the genre

"How many psychologists does it take to change a light bulb?"
    -- one, as long as the light bulb really wants to change.

"What do you get if you cross an elephant with a rhinoceros?"
    - 'ell if I know

A dyslexic man walked into a bra.....

"Knock Knock"
    -- who's there
    "Nomar"
    -- Nomar who?
    "No mar of these, please!"
    "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

The light bulb jokes where you can insert the schools of your choice:

How many Michigan students does it take to change a light bulb?
      A: At Michigan it takes five - one to screw it in, and four to loudly proclaim that he/she did it as well as any Ivy Leaguer.

How many Michigan State students does it take to change a light bulb?
      A: At Michigan State it takes 1000 - one to screw it in, and 999 to riot and set the building on fire.

How many Michigan Tech students does it take to change a light bulb?
      A: At Michigan Tech it takes zero, because they much prefer playing video games in the dark.

How many Ferris State students does it take to change a light bulb?
      A: At Ferris it only takes one, but he/she gets six credits for it.

How many NMU students does it take to change a light bulb?
      A: At Northern, it takes nine - one to screw it in and the other eight just screw each other in celebration.

How many CMU students does it take to change a light bulb?
      A: At Central it takes zero - they're all too hungover from the night before to change the bulb.

How many Oakland students does it take to change a light bulb?
      A: At Oakand it takes zero - they have Mommy and Daddy pay someone to do it for them.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        How many Michigan students does it take to change a light bulb?
        A: At Michigan it takes just one - he holds up the bulb and the world revolves around him.
        Alternate version.
        Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

How many surrealists does it take to change a light bulb?

Orange.

How many women on PMS does it take to change a light bulb?

CHANGE THE LIGHT BULB? OH, SO IT'S A "WOMAN'S JOB?!" TYPICAL MALE! I WORK ALL DAY AND NOW YOU EXPECT ME TO CHANGE A LIGHT BULB?! BESIDES THAT, YOU NEVER THANK ME FOR THE THINGS I DO FOR YOU! YOU'RE SLEEPING ON THE COUCH TONIGHT, HONEY!"
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

-- How many [ethnicity-specific] mother-in-laws does it take to change a lightbulb?

"None, I'll just sit here in the dark. You go out and have a good time and don't even think twice about leaving me all alone sitting here in the dark, that's okay, I'm sure I'll find a way to get by somehow...."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

How many New Jerseyans does it take to change a light bulb?

3. One to change it, one to witness it, and one to shoot the witness...
              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
              Originally posted by Quizmire
              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

"Knock, Knock."
                -- who's there?
                "Little Old Lady"
                --Little old lady who?
                "I never knew you could yodel!"

Comment

A blind man is sitting in a bar, and is about to tell a joke about blondes.

The woman sitting next to him says, "hey, I'm a blonde, and I work for the Department of Corrections. The woman on the other side of you is a blonde, and she is a professional wrestler. The woman behind you is a blonde, and she is a police officer. and your bartender is a blonde, and she is a weight lifter. Are you sure you want to tell that joke?"

He replies, "not if I'm going to have to explain it four times...."

Comment

A blind man picked up a hammer and saw....
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

In keeping with the college theme:

How many Oxford professors does it take to change a lightbulb?

CHANGE????!!!?!!?!?!!!?!!!

(possibly too inside, but hilarious to anyone who has literally filled out paper forms in triplicate and hand carried them to 3 different offices to get a library card. My favorite Oxford tradition is the Mallard Song, which is held once per century (so, only 6 times so far) - but it's a tradition!)
                      If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                        "What do you get if you cross an elephant with a rhinoceros?"
                        - 'ell if I know
                        "What do you get if you cross an elephant with a poodle?"

-A dead poodle

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                          "A diverse group of objects walk into a bar ..."
                          A seal walks into a club.
                          "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
                          Groucho Marx
                          "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
                          Ron White
                          "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
                          Milo Bloom

Comment

An Irishman walks into a bar.

The end.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                              Alternate version.
                              Which school is the one that's "5, one to hold the lightbulb and four to drink until the room starts to spin"? I use that one for UAF.
                              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Working...
                              X