Really Terrible Puns, v 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Really Terrible Puns, v 10

When my girlfriend said she was leaving because of my obsession with the Monkees, I thought she was joking... and then I saw her face.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

When the farmer was training his apprentice, at break time he said "lettuce now go take a pea."
      Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Since tomorrow's Groundhog's Day, here's a western PA joke for younz.

How did the Amish girl get pregnant? Too many Mennonite.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

It wasn't school that John disliked; it was the principal of it.
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

• Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
            It wasn't school that John disliked; it was the principal of it.
            The subject of your pun deserves a time out.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

There is a German brew pub in Manhattan that claims to have the best wurst in town.

I'm glad they updated their website. An earlier version was all text, and filled with terrible prose. Then someone tried to turn it into poetry, but that was just going from bad to verse.

There was a big story there a few years ago, a young Scottish model got into a dispute with a famous designer. The tabloids had a field day: "Lass shall be first, Furst shall be last."
              "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

I hath indeed mortally wounded the constable, however, I firmly deny firing a high-velocity projectile at his squire.

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                  There is a German brew pub in Manhattan that claims to have the best wurst in town.
                  The wurst in Dickinson, ND.
                  The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                    I see your wurst shop and raise you The Wurst Bar in Ypsilanti, MI
                    Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                    wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                    7 B1G
                    7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                    6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                    5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                    5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                    2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                    2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                      I see your wurst shop and raise you The Wurst Bar in Ypsilanti, MI
                      The Wurst is yet to come!
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

• Where does Noah keep his bees?

In the ark hives.

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                          Where does Noah keep his bees?

In the ark hives.
                          thanks for keeping that one concise! sometimes people start with a great idea, but then drone on and on about it.

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

• Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                            thanks for keeping that one concise! sometimes people start with a great idea, but then drone on and on about it.
                            Now don't stir up a hornet's nest!
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              Now don't stir up a hornet's nest!
                              ok, fine, I'll just buzz off then.

Comment

I like alliteration using the 16th letter of the alphabet, that plosive 'p' packs a particularly powerful punch.

Comment

Working...
                                X