Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNO '14 -'15 season thread. Will the sleeper awaken?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UNO '14 -'15 season thread. Will the sleeper awaken?

Very nice article about UNO senior goalie Ryan Massa in the Omaha World Herald:

http://www.omaha.com/uno/maverick-go...9d8e316a6.html

Something else everyone needs to know, particularly the fans of the opposing teams involved, is that four of this season's UNO home hockey games will air on NET1 (statewide Nebraska public television).

NET will air the Mavericks’ NCHC match-ups against St. Cloud State (Dec. 12), Denver (Jan. 9), North Dakota (Jan. 31) and Western Michigan (Feb. 13).

These games are also being streamed on NET1's web site as well. FREEBIE.

If you have ever watched a UNO game streamed on NETV then you know that their Hi-Def webcasts are as good as it gets.

When these individual games get close, I'll post the link to the online telecast(s) in appropriate locations in this forum.
    Last edited by Red Cows; 10-27-2014, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Anyone know why the Saturday game against St. Cloud on Dec. 13 is an 8 pm start? I assumed it was maybe for a TV deal, but hadn't seen anything on it.
      tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
        Anyone know why the Saturday game against St. Cloud on Dec. 13 is an 8 pm start? I assumed it was maybe for a TV deal, but hadn't seen anything on it.
        Without looking, I bet you Creighton has a home date that afternoon.

Comment

Confirmed.

They are at home (1:00P.M.) that afternoon (and, on national television).

For those wondering, it a 3-4 hour process to convert the rink from basketball to hockey.

Comment

Third page? Suffering from a lack of posters like most teams these days?

I am wondering if anyone can tell me how Avery Peterson has looked so far. Watched him through HS (and played him a few times in old-timers over the years - I could beat him regularly at one time -several years ago...) just curious how he is adjusting to college speed and physicality. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
              Third page? Suffering from a lack of posters like most teams these days?

I am wondering if anyone can tell me how Avery Peterson has looked so far. Watched him through HS (and played him a few times in old-timers over the years - I could beat him regularly at one time -several years ago...) just curious how he is adjusting to college speed and physicality. Thanks.
              I think hed had an assist this past weekend. Our freshman have yet to show much spark. With Guentzel injured we might see some people climbing the ladder this weekend.
              UNLEASH THE FURY!!!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLMMx3MRi0s

Comment

Originally posted by MAVFANJEFF View Post
                I think hed had an assist this past weekend. Our freshman have yet to show much spark. With Guentzel injured we might see some people climbing the ladder this weekend.
                He scored the first goal Saturday, and also had 7 SOG on the weekend

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                  He scored the first goal Saturday, and also had 7 SOG on the weekend
                  Thanks I didn't see the score sheet.

Comment

Thanks I didn't see the score sheet.
                    He's on my fantasy team… gotta keep an eye on the freshmen.

Comment

O.K., this does not suck.

UNO now an unbeaten 4-0-1 in it's last 5 games, all on the road. And, the team's only loss of the year was in a game on the road against a ranked opponent where UNO blew a 2 goal lead.

And, for the Avery Petersen inquisitor above, he scored his first collegiate goal tonight.

Jake Guentzel, who was the nation's 3rd leading scorer when the night started, didn't even play tonight (injury).

6 games played and 11 different players have scored a goal.

Goaltending a problem for UNO? Apparently not, I guess. Massa now 8th nationally (and 5th (!) in save percentage) in GA, with obvious help from our apparently much improved blue line play. UNO now 10th, nationally, in team defense.

Who the hell are these guys?
                      Last edited by Red Cows; 11-07-2014, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Really happy to see the great start by UNO. Coupled with some nice wins by SCSU and DU, should really help the NCHC get some teams in the tourney this year.
                        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

I guess I have been awfully remiss in not pointing out that UNO goalie Ryan Massa is the NCHC's "Player-of-the-Month":

http://www.nchchockey.com/news_artic...rrer_id=878553

Who'd a thunk?

Massa, so far, exceeding the wildest of expectations. By a TON.

Since I have seen so little of our team, so far, it will be interesting to see if the improvement really is HIM, or, the players in front of him.

What a great and somewhat unexpected start to our season.

We have been far better than I had any reason to hope that we'd be with 11 freshmen on this team.

Comment

it's alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

it's alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              And kicking, hard, so far.

Comment

With this weekend's sweep of Ohio State, UNO is now 5-0-1 in its last 6 games, ALL on the road.

For some unknown reason, Coach Blais started Kirk Thompson in goal tonight, of all things (who made an incredible save at the final horn with UNO skating shorthanded 6 on 4 because of a BS holding call with 1:21 left in the game).

UNO has played 8 games, now, and 12 different players have scored goals to this point, with David Pope joining the "scoring player" goal parade tonight.

And, the Mavs have only allowed 15 goals so far this season in those 8 games.

What a phenomenal start for a team with 11 freshmen on it.

OSU announcer on BTN2Go tonight:

"The future is bright for UNO Hockey".

Nice.

Great, great weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X