Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Union College Hockey 2014-2015 "ReUnion 2015? Why "Nott"?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union College Hockey 2014-2015 "ReUnion 2015? Why "Nott"?

St. Cloud State Men's Hockey 2014-15 Player Profiles: Jonny Brodzinski
    http://www.scsuhuskies.com/news/2014...006141350.aspx

Had a hat trick vs Colgate
    DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
    DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Union looked very good in the two games against Maine. Much more talent and depth. Maine could not carry the puck up ice without being stripped of it. Stevens is very impressive as well. Good luck to the team in their quest for another national title.

By the way, in the video posted above do you suppose that guy could read what he was writing?

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
        Good luck to the team in their quest for another national title.
        Thanks Runsub5 !!! None of us expected this level of success, especially against two great programs like Maine and UNH. None of us is thinking beyond Friday and St. Cloud. We really came together as a team last year against St. Cloud when they were ranked 1st in the nation, and we never looked back. The freshmen are coming up to speed in a hurry and that is very exciting. Just happy we have no major injuries. This year the ECAC should be brutal.
        DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
        DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

I didn't listen to the game on Saturday, but was getting periodic updates. Nothing from Ken Schott, either (not that I can find).

Can anyone summarize how the intensity got started? Could it have been from someone trying to run Stevens?
          Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by aweise View Post
            I didn't listen to the game on Saturday, but was getting periodic updates. Nothing from Ken Schott, either (not that I can find).

Can anyone summarize how the intensity got started? Could it have been from someone trying to run Stevens?
            There were definitely some extracurriculars with Colin and he finally got fed up and took a penalty in one instance, in fact if I recall it was during a Maine 5 minute major for spearing one of our guys, Coatta, I believe. There had been a 5 minute major and game misconduct of a Maine player on a charging call, on Friday, though in all candor, I have seen worse and it may have been a bit of an overreaction by the zebs.

Comment

Video of Union's goals from Saturday at Maine, including Ryan Scarfo and JC Brassard's first collegiate tallies:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLhHDAQ484c

Comment

Harvard and the rest of the Ivy are making preparations - reinforcements are on the way !!!!
                Harvard Men's Ice Hockey Preseason Training

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nckRv9wdvWk
                DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

These polls are really meaningless. It gives the Sports Journalists something to write about. It will be nice to compare the record of the non-Ivy's after this weekend to the rest of College Hockey. The 3 little D-III's and Colgate have about 2000-2500 and QU & RPI have 5000 and everyone we play seems to have 10,000 to 50,000. I am hoping the IVY League can help us improve on our already excellent OOC record.
                  DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                  DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Good luck this weekend, should be phenominal !
                    It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                      Good luck this weekend, should be phenomenal !
                      sshablak: Thanks !!!! I am worried about SCSU's speed. Good luck against Sacred Heart. Remember what they did to BC last year. Your coach should show that video. While the polls are meaningless at this point in time, congrats anyway on being a top 5 team in the country. When was the last time two ECAC teams were ranked in the top 5? Hopefully a few more ECAC teams will be joining us.
                      DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                      DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

With our upcoming game against St. Cloud, best to seek out on our behalf, divine intervention, and at this point remember .... we are on a Mission
                        http://youtu.be/pU7JZnsdHJY
                        Last edited by Dutchman; 10-21-2014, 08:57 AM.
                        DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                        DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Mike Vecchione repeats as ECAC Hockey Player of the Week.

Comment

Here comes the Ivy's, our brothers in arms - and they will be bringing a lot of talent and size

number of nhl draft picks - 24 draft picks !!!!!!
                            Harvard - 11
                            cornell - 7
                            yale - 3
                            brown - 3
                            princeton - 0
                            dartmouth - 0

size - av. Height - av. Weight (out of 59 teams)
                            cornell - #1 - #8
                            harvard - #6 - #9
                            princeton - #13 - #18
                            brown - #10
                            dartmouth - #11

Harvard Scrimmage - No action for the first 8 minutes Harvard is in white
                            Video is here
                            http://portal.stretchinternet.com/cu...reamType=video
                            Last edited by Dutchman; 10-21-2014, 07:10 PM.
                            DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                            DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

After 2 periods
                              Connecticut 3 - QU 1
                              Connecticut looks very good ..... file for January
                              DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                              DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                                sshablak: Thanks !!!! I am worried about SCSU's speed. Good luck against Sacred Heart. Remember what they did to BC last year. Your coach should show that video.
                                FYI... BC did not play Sacred Heart last year, nor anytime over the last 17 years to my knowledge.
                                'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Working...
                                X