• 2016 Beanpot to Belfast?

What?

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/could-...144405994.html
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Re: 2016 Beanpot to Belfast?

College has sold out everything else. Why not the Beanpot?

And why is the Mayor involved?
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

Marty isn't the brightest light in the galaxy. And, by the way, you know Marty wouldn't attend the event on his own money, and he would sit center-ice. Like all politicians, he's not worried about inconveniencing others. Foreign travel for college students during the middle of a semester? Not a problem to Marty.
      if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

I never thought I'd live to see the day when all four Beanpot schools would agree on anything. But anyway, here's a copy of a comment I posted to the Northeastern thread:

Can't you just see how excited the Presidents of the four schools are going to be at the prospect of some of their athletes being out of the country for at least 10 days (more than that if it involves both rounds) in the middle of a semester? Even if they roll both rounds into successive days on a weekend, the kids would still be away for at least the better part of a week. And I wonder if Walsh floated this past the four schools in advance, or did he catch them as off-guard as the rest of us?

Why do Boston voters always insist on electing the village idiot as Mayor?

[BTW, the proposed location is Northern Ireland, which is part of the United Kingdom. It is NOT Ireland. Northern Ireland doesn't like green and executed all of the leprechauns centuries ago.]
        "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

Good question....what's next....why not the Boston Marathon in 2017?
          We're not here for a long time,we're here for a good time.

Comment

I can't believe the news today
            Oh, I can't close my eyes
            And make it go away

Comment

Total silliness. If this is truly an exchange program, I can only wonder if they will sell more tickets for the Beanpot in Belfast (considering the pent-up demand for college ice hockey over there ), or if the All-Ireland Hurling Championships at soon-to-be-abandoned Suffolk Downs in Eastie will bust out the joint and nip the 'Pot at the box office.

Really, who comes up with this stuff???????
              Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
              Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

This would be like having the Running of the Bulls in Cleveland.

Comment

How can he even make that suggestion? Especially when he hasn't seemed to mention it to any of the four schools or the TD Garden/Steve Nazro? #stupidestideaever

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                    How can he even make that suggestion? Especially when he hasn't seemed to mention it to any of the four schools or the TD Garden/Steve Nazro? #stupidestideaever
                    Again, you only need to listen to Marty for a few minutes to realize that he's not a deep thinker.
                    if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                      Why do Boston voters always insist on electing the village idiot as Mayor?
                      Well Providence is about to elect a 2-time felon as Mayor, so some constituencies have done worse!

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                        Again, you only need to listen to Marty for a few minutes to realize that he's not a deep thinker.
                        The interview was cut short. Marty was about to suggest that the upcoming Frozen Four be played in Rome.

Comment

Worst idea ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
                            Well Providence is about to elect a 2-time felon as Mayor, so some constituencies have done worse!
                            Buddy? Then do his guest appearances on Imus return?
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Is nothing sacred???

Perhaps this is what you get when you combine the Village Idiot mayor with Irish Whiskey and stick a microphone in his face (farce).

Comment

Working...
                              X