Official Video Games Thread VIII: Titans are destined to fall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Official Video Games Thread VIII: Titans are destined to fall

Battlefield 4 online play is SO much better than COD: Ghosts I'm sad I didn't discover it sooner.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
      I know this was asked by FlagDUDE a few months ago, but is anyone playing Clash of Clans or similar games? I have three of them on my phone now and Forge of Empires, which is more of an RPG but has many similar elements.
      You know that Kate Upton won't actually appear if you play those games, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
        You know that Kate Upton won't actually appear if you play those games, right?
        Kate Upton is on the advertisements for Game of War. I've not tried that one yet.
        Last edited by St. Clown; 12-23-2014, 09:00 AM.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

That's not Kate Upton, and Not Kate Upton is on the advertisements for Game of War. I've not tried that one yet.
          Like I pay attention to what game she is advertising

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
            Battlefield 4 online play is SO much better than COD: Ghosts I'm sad I didn't discover it sooner.
            Wait till that moment when you get into a squad and roll across a battlefield in a coordinated group laying waste to all in your path. Almost good enough to restore faith in humanity.

Comment

So the hacker group Lizard Squad has caused both XBOX Live and the PSN to go down today.

Well, so much for playing some games today...
              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

PSN is still down.

Lots of trouble for people to sign into XBL.
                I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

So now that holiday hacking has passed, I've been able to enjoy my video game stuff:

1. Destiny DLC has definitely breathed new life into the game. It's fun and there's new stuff to do, although it is still very grindy.

2. GTA V on PS4 is a lot of fun. It's GTA plus more crazy. There's peyote you can find, eat, and trip out on. Two things I like: the light bar on the controller changes color based on who you're playing with and when you get a wanted level it flashes blue and red. And all the speakerphone and cop radio stuff is played on the controller speaker. Nice little touches.

3. We bought my daughter Skylanders Trap Team and my wallet is screaming. There are so many things to buy for it my head spins. I'd complain but as I am a competitive Magic The Gathering player, I have no leg to stand on.
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                    2. GTA V on PS4 is a lot of fun. It's GTA plus more crazy. There's peyote you can find, eat, and trip out on. Two things I like: the light bar on the controller changes color based on who you're playing with and when you get a wanted level it flashes blue and red. And all the speakerphone and cop radio stuff is played on the controller speaker. Nice little touches.
                    The police stuff isn't there in the online version. It's also easier to move up in wanted level I have found. The latest patch has made it near impossible to go into your inventory. I keep holding select (X button on PS4) and nada.

Finally managed to get a 5-star wanted level. I went to the top of a mountain, started sniping people to get police attention (1-star). Then I shot some police to draw out the helicopter (3 star). I shot down the first to get my fourth star and didn't get my fifth until i had shot down four more. That lasted about 5 seconds and then a shot from somewhere got me.

But there is so much stuff in GTA V that you could play this for a few years and still not find it all. Darts, golf, races, spaceship parts, pieces of letters, stuff on the ocean floor...an unbelievable world they've built.

Comment

• Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                      But there is so much stuff in GTA V that you could play this for a few years and still not find it all. Darts, golf, races, spaceship parts, pieces of letters, stuff on the ocean floor...an unbelievable world they've built.
                      The funny thing is, after Red Dead Redemption everyone was expecting this crazy awesome world and they still blew everyone away.

The real improvement with Rockstar Games has been their storytelling though.
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Re: Official Video Games Thread VIII: Titans are destined to fall

Been playing too much GTA 5. I was at the store and a Brinks truck pulled up and my first thought was, "Do I have any sticky bombs?"

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                          Been playing too much GTA 5. I was at the store and a Brinks truck pulled up and my first thought was, "Do I have any sticky bombs?"
                          oh, not the first person to deal with that... driving instincts get fuzzed up after playing that game long enough.
                          BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                          Skating Friar Jersey
                          AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                          UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                          Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

So the Toys r Us near me is closing and they're having a closeout sale; I picked up GTA IV and the PS3 combo version of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus for cheap. I have always wanted to play Shadow of the Colossus.

And for those that are interested, it's now time for the Awesome Games Done Quick charity marathon for the Prevent Cancer Foundation. Here's this year's schedule.

Comment

I know this was asked by FlagDUDE a few months ago, but is anyone playing Clash of Clans or similar games? I have three of them on my phone now and Forge of Empires, which is more of an RPG but has many similar elements.
                              I play COC. Level 62 here. Currently grinding for elixir so I can upgrade my dark elixir drill and gold to upgrade my 2nd tesla tower.

And AGDQ is just bonkers. Looking forward to watching for an hour before bed tonight.
                              St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                                And AGDQ is just bonkers. Looking forward to watching for an hour before bed tonight.
                                I will be shocked if anything tops last night's playthrough of Battleblock Theater, which included commentary from Stamper, the game's narrator. That was hilarious.

Comment

Working...
                                X