Official Video Games Thread VIII: Titans are destined to fall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Official Video Games Thread VIII: Titans are destined to fall

So I just signed up for EA Origin to link TSTO to 2 devices, and now neither device will connect to the server. Awesome. I just made level 45, too.
    BOSTON UNIVERSITY TERRIERS
    CASE WESTERN RESERVE UNIVERSITY SPARTANS

UNH - 1985 NCAA Women's Lacrosse Champions!

2003-2004 D-III Tournament of Posters Champion
    2010 NFL Survival Pool Champion
    2014 NFL Survival Pool Co-Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Rhett View Post
      So I just signed up for EA Origin to link TSTO to 2 devices, and now neither device will connect to the server. Awesome. I just made level 45, too.
      Have you tried doing a hard boot on your phone? I lost my first Springfield due to app failure almost two years ago. That was... frustrating.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
        Have you tried doing a hard boot on your phone? I lost my first Springfield due to app failure almost two years ago. That was... frustrating.
        No luck on restarting the primary device. Should that help? The message is received on 2 devices (the previous iPod Touch and a new Motorola phone). I've never so much as seen Springfield on the phone, I tried signing in to Origin and now it automatically tries and fails to load. It makes me think the issue is in the cloud.

If I lose the file, it's probably a game retirement. At level 45, I've seen most of the questlines and character actions. The game is repetitive enough without starting from scratch.

Comment

I've had login issues before, but they've always resolved and kept my file after a day or two.
          PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
          NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
            I've had login issues before, but they've always resolved and kept my file after a day or two.
            Fingers crossed then. I was wondering if the next game update would have a restoring side-effect. We'll see.

Comment

Pretty excited to dig into Borderlands The Pre-Sequel tonight. Only downside to Tuesday releases is that I have to work!

If you're playing and need co-op players both the wife and I will be playing (PS3).
              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Got a couple hours in on Borderlands The Pre-Sequel. It's definitely Borderlands 2+.

It was made by 2K Australia, so it's heavy on homage to that country.

I like the character choices this round. I chose Wilhelm. Yes, the bad guy mech you kill in B2. He's still mostly human in this game, since it's before the events of B2.

Those annoying flying repair bots he used in B2 are his special ability. He summons 1 heal and 1 attack bot at the same time during battle. It has been super useful so far.

Most of the B2 main cast are back in some form as NPC as well, including my favorite Moxxie! I just wish Tiny Tina was in.

The new game mechanics are low gravity and an oxygen meter. Thankfully the oxygen meter rarely interferes with game play, as there is plenty of ways to refill. The enemies must also deal with oxygen. So breaking their air mask causes them extra dmg.

Low gravity means everyone jumps higher, floats, or has jet packs. Meaning battles tend to be chaotic as you try to hit constantly moving targets.

Moonstone replace eridium as special currency.

There are several bonuses for having the previous games saves on your ps3.

There are new effects and bonuses on items based on things like if you are in a vacuum or atmosphere, or adding to your oxygen meter and it's depletion rate.
                Last edited by JF_Gophers; 10-15-2014, 06:30 AM.
                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

Looking forward to Sunset Overdrive (XBOX1 ) next Tuesday. Silly premise (tainted energy drinks = mutants), but open world, fast paced mayhem.
                  Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

I've totally slacked on Simpsons and Family Guy now that the fall video games are here.

Picked up OOTP 15 on sale. Immediately traded away the Twins farm to fix the major league team. I may have to release Mauer. His contract is an albatross, despite hitting .321 this season.

I did add Michael Wacha, Nelson Cruz, Josh Harrison, Edinson Volquez, and Lorenzo Cain to the club though.
                    Last edited by JF_Gophers; 10-28-2014, 06:29 AM.
                    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

Some what under the radar, Costume Quest 2 released yesterday. Enjoyed the first one a few years ago.
                      Last edited by JF_Gophers; 10-30-2014, 05:48 AM.
                      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

Playing Clash of Clans, I was in the middle of a raid when I lost my server connection. I don't know what to think about that. On one hand, I had just deployed my clan castle to an area that just needed some mop up duties, which would have netted me a lot of gold and elixir, on the other hand, the system recorded the win for me and the deployment of my troops, but not the deployment of the clan castle. Weird.
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working hard to finish up Borderlands 2nd playthrough/level 50 and Sunset Overdrive. Only 2 weeks till Dragon Age.

Wife bought Fantasy Life for 3DS. Waiting to hear her verdict on that before I buy it to play together.
                          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                            Wife bought Fantasy Life for 3DS. Waiting to hear her verdict on that before I buy it to play together.
                            Is that the one where you play the failed Hollywood writer turned fantasy football savant?

Comment

First person mode confirmed for GTA V on XBone/PS4.

Two words: Oculus. Rift.
                              Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

I'm enjoying The Last of Us so far. I've never been that good at these types of games and, holy hell, am I ever terrible at aiming while being shot at, but the story's interesting and I'm making progress.

Does anyone here have experience with Fallout games on the PS3? I've become interested in them after watching a Let's Play called Fallout 3: Kill Everything, although, for whatever reason, I'm more interested in New Vegas. PC gaming is never going to happen, but then I've read all these wonderful stories about freezes and other glitches on the console versions, so I was curious if anyone here has had this stuff happen and if it's worth playing regardless of the issues.

Also, totally going to buy the 3DS remake of The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. Easily my favorite Zelda game.

Comment

Working...
                                X