X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official Video Games Thread VIII: Titans are destined to fall

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
    I am stoked for the release of Rare Replay today. 30 games for $30, and some of my favs.

Banjo-Kazooie, Conker BFD, Viva Pinata, Killer Instinct, etc.
    So I can call Gamestop and ask for Battletoads now?
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
      So I can call Gamestop and ask for Battletoads now?
      Yes. That's on there as well.
      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
        I am stoked for the release of Rare Replay today. 30 games for $30, and some of my favs.

Banjo-Kazooie, Conker BFD, Viva Pinata, Killer Instinct, etc.
        Had that been on the PS3, I would've bought it. As it stands, I can't justify buying a console for just one game pack.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
          Had that been on the PS3, I would've bought it. As it stands, I can't justify buying a console for just one game pack.
          Who are you justifying this to? I don't recall hearing you were married. Make it rain!
          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
          NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Holy ****!

My childhood summed up in a single disc! God, even seeing those games brings back some pretty great memories. Biking down to Video Update, playing the games, throwing the controller through the TV because Battletoads is a cruel, cruel *****, even the smell of the video store.

My god that's a great collection of games. I wonder if they have it for PS4...
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

For the Rare fans in attendance, check out Yooka-Laylee. Kickstarter project based off Banjo-Kazooie featuring a lot of the original team, including Grant Kirkhope and David Wise on music.

Why did Rare have to get bought out by Microsoft and shoved under the carpet? Why?
              Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Anyone watch SGDQ 2015? Videos from that stream are up on Youtube. GameJ06 is always a riot, and always gotta love the TGM block.

Comment

850 mb update files for some of the Rare xb360 games makes me cry. I want to play, not wait...
                  Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    Anyone watch SGDQ 2015? Videos from that stream are up on Youtube. GameJ06 is always a riot, and always gotta love the TGM block.
                    Indeed. Some of us were talking about it on the previous page. I still have to watch that Lost Levels run; I loved it AGDQ and was disappointed to miss it live. PJ and the rest of Team Poor Life Choices are always fun too. His Bionic Commando: Rearmed 2 run was hilarious, especially once HYPE mode was initiated.

Comment

ProtonJon is hands down my favorite LPer, though he's been taking a break lately due to con travel/not wanting to go up against SGDQ. His Kaizo Mario World Special Stage 2 run is one of the seminal LP's, and the Mario Party games with The Runaway Guys (himself, Chuggaaconroy, and NintendoCapriSun) are must sees. He's moved more into livestreaming, which seems to fit his schedule and personality better. His main schtick right now is his Fortune Cookie stream on Twitch, where he uses a program to randomly select games from his collection and the chat votes on what he plays next. And I do mean random - it's always hilarious when he gets stuck with Barbie Horse Adventure or Mickey and Minnie's Kitchen or something. Also, he's dating Lucahjin, which makes me insanely jealous.

(For those wondering, my user name is no relation to twitch.tv. I had it long before then, it's an old nickname from tSBFitW.)

Comment

ProtonJon and GameJ06 are fun to watch. I also like BrownMan aka Ray from Achievement Hunter (the only AH member I enjoyed). I watch a couple other ones but they're MTG related and I won't bore you all with that.
                        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Rare Replay connects to your 360 account to get gamerscore info. Uses that to credit you with milestones that you've already reached.

Doesn't grab old saves tho.
                          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

Mafia 3 trailer is out - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6dg...e5%40gmail.com

I really really hope this game hews closer to Mafia than Mafia 2. Allow for side missions, have a living breathing city where you can ride trolleys, taxi's and trains but most important the story (like Mafia) must captivate like the original did. 13 years on I can still sit down and play Mafia and it's still fun and possibly the best story arc I've seen in a video game.

Mafia 2 I can't play for more than 5-10 minutes anymore as there's nothing to discover and the protagonist is lifeless.
                            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

How do the Sims games play nowadays?

I was really into the original, heard Sims 2 was kind of meh, and now see they're all the way onto 4.

Looking online though, it seems like the original Sims is somewhat of a collectors item, still going for 25 minimum a lot of places and since I am now on a Mac it's even worse. It's at the point where the newer ones are the same price or cheaper, really.

In all the hours and hours I spent on that game though, I don't think I ever made it to the highest job for any career path. Unless you wanted to be a bachelor it was almost impossible to build up skills well enough while also holding relationships.
                              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

The Simpsons Tapped Out has a new monorail event. (35 days).

Family Guy has a new Peter Palooza event.

Both just started.
                                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

Working...
                                X