Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official Video Games Thread VIII: Titans are destined to fall

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
    Ya, I don't buy most years either. But I wanted a PS4 version and it had been awhile.

Interesting. No day one DLC for sale.
    Once I figured out the different ways of showing the greens, it was much easier. Still throw you for a loop once in a while on any predicted shot, but that's the challenge of the game. You get used to it and adapt.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I hit 2 hole in ones at Bay Hill. I thought I'd never in my life hit one.
      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
        I hit 2 hole in ones at Bay Hill. I thought I'd never in my life hit one.
        With or without dictating spin after the shot?

In my TW pga your years, I probably have close to a dozen, I'd guess. Most/all with being able to use spin after the shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
          With or without dictating spin after the shot?

In my TW pga your years, I probably have close to a dozen, I'd guess. Most/all with being able to use spin after the shot.
          I don't use boost, spin, etc. I use draw/fade though. I like the 3-click mode.
          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
          NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

I have hit a few, some with post-spin, some without. I don't use draw/fade at all. In Tiger 14, all but draw/fade are at the highest levels, didn't bother adding to the draw/fade. Power golfer style, FTR.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              Power golfer style, FTR.
              https://youtu.be/ac9Z6CN14Gs
              Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                Classic.

I just figure, the closer you are to the hole off a drive, the easier it is for your short game. *shrug*

Comment

Chambers Bay (US Open) course can die in a fire. The greens are all hills. Roll a ball 2 inches and it goes 45 ft. Every putt is an arc shape.
                  Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

Chambers Bay (US Open) course can die in a fire. The greens are all hills. Roll a ball 2 inches and it goes 45 ft. Every putt is an arc shape.
                    There is a hole on the Old Course that can die in a fire, too.

Comment

Chambers. Was that the Seattle course?

Yeah it can die in a fire for many reasons. One of the worst courses I have ever seen. It gives Whistling Straits a run for its money as one of the worst conditions for a major.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

How bad does Gamestop rip you off?

I recently found some old PS2 games. Very old, and not really that good.

It's about ten games, all sports, ranging in years from Tiger Woods 01 to NHL and college Hoops 2k6. There's also Ridge Racer V, which I remember being a terrible, terrible game. Honestly I think the most valuable part of all these games is Madden 2002 because it's the last year of the Silverdome and first year of the Texans.

Would I even get my gas money back if I went to trade these in, or should i just try to put them on eBay and hope someone bites for ~20 bucks for the lot?

I also found some old PSP games. Those are slightly better. Probably just putting those on eBay.

Also found some boxes from Gameboy Advance games I sold awhile back. I know there's a market for game art, but I'm assuming that's for N64 and earlier and I can just trash these?
                        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Gamestop gives good money for old games like ps2 and before. But not sports games. Those are worth nothing.
                          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

Gamestop gives good money for old games like ps2 and before. But not sports games. Those are worth nothing.
                            Yeah, don't bother with sports games. Look at the new games that are a year old (the Maddens, etc). Those are really cheap after the new versions come out. So, think about ones that are 10 years old.

That being said, I do like Game Stop's customer service. They've been honest with me (brutally and otherwise). When I bought Tiger '14, the employee used his own phone to look up the answers to some questions I had. Took a few minutes, but he found the answers. To me, that was above and beyond what he had to do. Needless to say, I bought the game.

Comment

That's what I figured. Too bad I didn't load up on FIFA's. I could pawn it off on Brazilians. Apparently PS2 is as popular as ever down there.
                              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                                That's what I figured. Too bad I didn't load up on FIFA's. I could pawn it off on Brazilians. Apparently PS2 is as popular as ever down there.
                                Brazil levies huge tariffs on video game consoles. A PS4 costs something like US$1500 there. Hence everyone buying a used PS2 for FIFA.
                                Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Working...
                                X