Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
    Twitch collects pinball machines.
    Awesome. I spent last week getting my Williams EM pin in working order for the first time in 10-11 months. I actually played an Addam's Family on location today. Glad to see that there's at least one other pinhead around here.
    BOSTON UNIVERSITY TERRIERS
    CASE WESTERN RESERVE UNIVERSITY SPARTANS

UNH - 1985 NCAA Women's Lacrosse Champions!

2003-2004 D-III Tournament of Posters Champion
    2010 NFL Survival Pool Champion
    2014 NFL Survival Pool Co-Champion

Comment

• Re: Official Video Games Thread VIII: Titans are destined to fall

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
      Ok. I thought it was about misogyny so I guess I was right with that. The article I was reading though was an entire story about developing some game and I had never heard of that part of it or the people involved with it and it was just so far above my head that I thought everything I knew about Gamergate was wrong.

On the flip side, I found a site that hosts a bunch of old games. NHL 94 is actually more fun to play than the current NHL games because there aren't any auto-goals.
      There's a lot more than they're saying... and they know that. Aside from the freakzillas being freakzillas there was a lot of coordinated shutdowns of discussion which cheesed off a lot of people and lead to a lot of people questioning what was really going on.

There's many different threads in this between cultural co-opting, people whose societal positions are made less on creating and more on controversy generation, and general ethics in between the journalism and marketing communities in that industry so its a lot more complex than "its the basement nerds being upset about women in their presence".

There's a lot of interesting things in it once one gets beyond the trite and the simple.
      BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
      Skating Friar Jersey
      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Rhett View Post
        Awesome. I spent last week getting my Williams EM pin in working order for the first time in 10-11 months. I actually played an Addam's Family on location today. Glad to see that there's at least one other pinhead around here.
        Which EM?

Owned a BK2K and a Getaway for a while, swapped 'em for a Twilight Zone.

Also live (at least for the moment) within long stumbling distance of this wonderful little place.

http://www.the-1up.com/colfax/
        Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
          Which EM?

Owned a BK2K and a Getaway for a while, swapped 'em for a Twilight Zone.
          Dealers Choice, it's a four flipper, four player 1974 Williams. The single player version is known as Lucky Ace.

I'd love to have a more modern pin, but only really have room for one, and my wife really likes the Dealers Choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Patman View Post
            so its a lot more complex than "its the basement nerds being upset about women in their presence".

There's a lot of interesting things in it once one gets beyond the trite and the simple.
            No, it's not. There's a reason the death threats have been solely directed at women. The "ethics in gaming journalism" card is pure bullshiat.

The gaming media has been one giant advertising wing of the industry since the original Nintendo Power magazine in the 80s, if not longer. Funny how it only became an issue when women started commenting on the apparent sexism in most major publishing houses.
            Last edited by unofan; 02-16-2015, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Saw an ad for MLB 15. Looks good! It'll be the first new gen version I get.

I've been playing 14 on PS3 this week in preparation. Twins are 10-1 in spring training so far.
              PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

If anyone's playing Clash of Clans and is looking for a new clan, a buddy of mine just started one and we only have 4 members (levels 109, 88, 70, and 63). Looking for people with at least 1200 trophies and at least at level 60.
                St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Nobody wants to join us? Boooo.
                  St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                    I'm in a good clan already.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                      I will only be in a clan with Kate Upton.

Comment

PS Vita 3rd birthday sale on PSN store. Nothing that exciting, but you could get a few cheap items.

I bought Hyperdevotion Noire (Vita). It's an SRPG in the Hyperdimension Neptunia universe. Not a sale item sadly.

Wife picked up Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires (ps3).

Also pre-ordered MLB The Show 10th Anv. Ed. (Ps4) last week.
                        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• I'm supposed to have a Jr. Pac-Man (factory/official conversion of a Super Pac-Man) delivered today, and my EM pin is failing. It's really going to look like amateur hour if the guy who just restored a machine is dropping it off next to one this guy can't get running.

Annoyed.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhett View Post
                            I'm supposed to have a Jr. Pac-Man (factory/official conversion of a Super Pac-Man) delivered today, and my EM pin is failing. It's really going to look like amateur hour if the guy who just restored a machine is dropping it off next to one this guy can't get running.

Annoyed.
                            Relax. My TZ is still in a heap on the floor with half the solenoids not working (took a bit of an abrupt transfer to Denver, closing on a house soon and will worry about it then)
                            Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                              Relax. My TZ is still in a heap on the floor with half the solenoids not working (took a bit of an abrupt transfer to Denver, closing on a house soon and will worry about it then)
                              Oh, jeez. I have no plans to move in the next few years, and I already dread moving them.

I've really only jumped back into arcade stuff in the last couple of months because we had our first kid last year. The week after we found out about the pregnancy, the pin went down and I didn't have time to fix it until the kid was a couple months old. I feel guilty making even a quick fix if there's anything more productive I can do.

The pin was running by the evening. I fixed some nagging issues that I was trying to ignore (oversensitive leaf switch on a pop bumper, stuff like that), but mostly, I think EMs just hate the cold temperatures. It needs winter to end more than I do.

Comment

Picked up Disgaea 5 while in Japan. It's not hitting the US till October...

You don't need to be able to read Japanese to play that series since it's all stat based. So it makes a good import.
                                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

Working...
                                X