Official Video Games Thread VIII: Titans are destined to fall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official Video Games Thread VIII: Titans are destined to fall

I would just like to say that Cassie Cage's second fatality on MK X is the funniest in the entire series.
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Pretty much everyone is doing some kind of May the 4th be with you sale this week.

Gamestop is also doing a buy 3 pre-owned get 1 free on any items. That includes consoles, accessories, games, toys, etc.
      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Not again.

http://kotaku.com/five-nights-at-fre...ced-1700474865
        Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

I don't get it and never will
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

LEROY JENKINS!!!! turns 10 today. Doesn't that make ya feel old??
            bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Speaking of MMO's. Went from 1 to 60 in Neverwinter on Xbox1 in about a week.

Nice part is that the f2p model they use doesn't lock out any content or levels and you could trade for the premium currency in game. So you could really get everything free.
              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Played a bit of Witcher 3 last night as it unlocked a few hours early on PC. Graphically beautiful as expected. Haven't gotten too far in, but soo many cut scenes at the beginning.

Also got a 2nd character to level 60 in Neverwinter.
                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

Upgraded my PC video card from the gtx 590 it came with to a gtx 980. Didn't bother upgrading the motherboard or cpu. It's already a 3.4 ghz chip and there isn't any video card that can max out pci-e 2 x16 slots, even though 3.0 is the newest.
                  Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

Played quite a bit of The Witcher 3 (PC, XBOX1, PS4). Overall I am enjoying it. There are some minor things that annoy me, but it won't stop me from playing.

If you played either of the first two Witcher games, the fighting in this one is a lot more fluid and generally more forgiving. There are still attack animations that will leave you open to damage. But it's not as difficult as the previous ones. Also, attacking doesn't cause you to get tired like it did in previous games. The downside to fighting is that you tend to get stuck on the environment a fair amount if you are in confined areas (dead horse body, rocks, etc.) and trying to maneuver around tough opponents.

The quest system is pretty good. It gives you recommended level and a checklist of things to do as you progress though each one. Also puts up map markers (when active) to help find your way. There, of course are plenty of tedious quests where you have to go back and forth between far flung places just to chat. But there are enough really fun quests to help overlook that. Like the early on quest to slay a griffin where you have to investigate to learn about the beast and its habits, location, etc. Then set a trap, and face your first large enemy fight using both ranged and close-combat attacks.

Fast travel was put in the game to help get around, but it doesn't really go far enough. You can only travel between sign posts and there aren't always ones that near where you want to go. At least you always have a horse to use. You can leave him anywhere you want and he will always appear when you call him.

There is romance and nudity in all versions of this game (US at least). But most of it is optional (via text choices or just not visiting the brothel!). So if you'd prefer not to watch digital boobs in front of your spouse or kids, you can skip it. This does lend to one negative I've seen in reviews that may turn some off. There is a lot of abuse of women in this game (verbal, violence, sex, minimal clothing, etc) despite having several strong lead female characters.

I like CD Projekt Red. They support DRM-Free gaming, which all of the Witcher games have been on PC. They also took a big leap going from linear to open-world game play.
                    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

Elder Scrolls Online comes to console today. It's a free play or premium subscription model.

Since I own the PC version I was able to get the console version for $20. Included a character copy as well.

Speaking of Bethesda, Fallout 4 is available for pre-order but doesn't have a set release date. Trailers look good so far.
                      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

Xbox makes a bit of a small splash at E3. Xbox One will be backwards compatible, will be able to play Xbox 360 games, while still including the One features.

Comment

Picked up Witcher 3 for $42 and target lost my order and gave me an extra $5 off.
                          Code:
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Welp, they're doing it. Final Fantasy VII Remake announced at the Sony conference. On PS4 first.
                            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Must have Fallout 4 collector's edition with pip-boy that holds your smartphone as the screen and let's you interact with your game character.
                              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

This FFVII remake looks incredible. I know these are CGI sequences but holy fk they are pretty
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X