Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 55

Thread: RIT Tigers 2014-2015

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    2,493

    RIT Tigers 2014-2015

    No new season thread yet?

    Schedule is out. New roster here: https://ritathletics.com/roster.aspx?path=whock

    Exhibition game is only 39 days away!

    I am surprised we lost so many players this off-season. Looks like Lauren Klein, Julie Hall, Brittany St. James and Katie Hubert are not returning this year.
    Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
    College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

    AHA Pick'em spreadsheet 2019-2020: https://tinyurl.com/AHApickem19

    RIT Tigers
    Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
    Men's Frozen Four 2010
    Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
    Women's DIII National Champions 2012

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    27

    Re: RIT Tigers 2014-2015

    Those 4 players along with the 3 graduating seniors will be missed. The current senior class is outstanding and will be key contributors. The Tigers should have a good season with several talented, experienced players returning. Hopefully the freshmen defensemen can step in and contribute right away, allowing players to move to forward who played D all last year. As long as Binnington stay's healthy, they should battle for the CHA lead all season.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    578
    Quote Originally Posted by stanleycup View Post
    Those 4 players along with the 3 graduating seniors will be missed. The current senior class is outstanding and will be key contributors. The Tigers should have a good season with several talented, experienced players returning. Hopefully the freshmen defensemen can step in and contribute right away, allowing players to move to forward who played D all last year. As long as Binnington stay's healthy, they should battle for the CHA lead all season.
    Looks like Dakota Waites is off the team as well. Roster on the website has been changed.

  4. #4
    Lt. J. Isaac Powers, Starfleet
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The Final Frontier
    Posts
    2,549

    Re: RIT Tigers 2014-2015

    Leaves us with just 12 forwards. Any injuries and we've got serious problems.


    Powers &8^]

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    578
    Quote Originally Posted by LtPowers View Post
    Leaves us with just 12 forwards. Any injuries and we've got serious problems.


    Powers &8^]
    The senior class might keep them competitive this year but they are definitely in serious trouble next year. They will be offensively challenged and their goaltending, once Binnington is gone, is very sketchy. Not a good combination.

  6. #6
    Lt. J. Isaac Powers, Starfleet
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The Final Frontier
    Posts
    2,549

    Re: RIT Tigers 2014-2015

    From the recruits thread, some RIT commits:

    5'9" goalie Jenna De Jonge from Abbotsford, BC (3/13/97). Her dad tweeted about a trip to RIT on May 11; he also tweeted about a trip to U.Wisconsin last September. Her Twitter profile says "Future RIT Tiger". She currently plays for Pursuit of Excellence in Kelowna, BC, which just happens to be the Tigers' exhibition opponent this year. So if you want to see a future Tiger goalie, make sure you're at the Polisseum Sept 29.

    Forward Reagan Rust from Southhaven, MS, late of the Pittsburgh Penguins Elite U19 squad. Here she is inside the Polisseni Center: https://pic.twitter.com/RSWKJi5vIP

    Defenseman Brinna Dochniak from Marine on St Croix, MN, currently playing for Stillwater H.S. She announced her commitment on Twitter on May 5. Not a shooter; she went 3-4-7 last season in 12 games (still, 3 goals on 6 shots, maybe she should shoot more).


    Powers &8^]

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Rochester NY
    Posts
    152

    Talking Re: RIT Tigers 2014-2015

    Quote Originally Posted by LtPowers View Post
    From the recruits thread, some RIT commits:

    5'9" goalie Jenna De Jonge from Abbotsford, BC (3/13/97). Her dad tweeted about a trip to RIT on May 11; he also tweeted about a trip to U.Wisconsin last September. Her Twitter profile says "Future RIT Tiger". She currently plays for Pursuit of Excellence in Kelowna, BC, which just happens to be the Tigers' exhibition opponent this year. So if you want to see a future Tiger goalie, make sure you're at the Polisseum Sept 29.

    Forward Reagan Rust from Southhaven, MS, late of the Pittsburgh Penguins Elite U19 squad. Here she is inside the Polisseni Center: https://pic.twitter.com/RSWKJi5vIP

    Defenseman Brinna Dochniak from Marine on St Croix, MN, currently playing for Stillwater H.S. She announced her commitment on Twitter on May 5. Not a shooter; she went 3-4-7 last season in 12 games (still, 3 goals on 6 shots, maybe she should shoot more).


    Powers &8^]
    I don't mind if we get a defenseman that doesn't shoot a lot as long as she does her job and make sure the other team doesn't score. That shooting percentage looks pretty good though. And let's hope that goalie is a Canucks fan cause I think my orange and black suit might help convince her to play for us.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    2,493

    Re: RIT Tigers 2014-2015

    Just found this through google alerts: https://www.higheredjobs.com/admin/de...%20Hockey%20PT

    A part time job was posted for an Assistant Coach on 9/3, then removed on 9/5. I just noticed that Shivaun Siegl is not listed on the Roster page anymore under Coaches.
    Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
    College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

    AHA Pick'em spreadsheet 2019-2020: https://tinyurl.com/AHApickem19

    RIT Tigers
    Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
    Men's Frozen Four 2010
    Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
    Women's DIII National Champions 2012

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    578
    Quote Originally Posted by mar7967 View Post
    Just found this through google alerts: https://www.higheredjobs.com/admin/de...%20Hockey%20PT

    A part time job was posted for an Assistant Coach on 9/3, then removed on 9/5. I just noticed that Shivaun Siegl is not listed on the Roster page anymore under Coaches.
    It was announced at the end of last season that she was not returning.

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    2,493

    Re: RIT Tigers 2014-2015

    Quote Originally Posted by Cali View Post
    It was announced at the end of last season that she was not returning.
    I seem to remember that now...thanks
    Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
    College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

    AHA Pick'em spreadsheet 2019-2020: https://tinyurl.com/AHApickem19

    RIT Tigers
    Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
    Men's Frozen Four 2010
    Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
    Women's DIII National Champions 2012

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    2,493

    Re: RIT Tigers 2014-2015

    Lisa Marshall, a goaltender who graduated in the Spring from Elmira College, is the new assistant coach https://ritathletics.com/news/2014/9/...917145014.aspx

    Scott McDonald: "She was a very good collegiate goaltender, who will work closely with our goaltenders, and also assist in all aspects of the program."
    Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
    College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

    AHA Pick'em spreadsheet 2019-2020: https://tinyurl.com/AHApickem19

    RIT Tigers
    Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
    Men's Frozen Four 2010
    Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
    Women's DIII National Champions 2012

  12. #12
    Lt. J. Isaac Powers, Starfleet
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The Final Frontier
    Posts
    2,549

    Re: RIT Tigers 2014-2015

    Two first-place votes in the preseason CHA poll, but third place on points.


    Powers &8^]

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Belmont, MA
    Posts
    834

    Re: RIT Tigers 2014-2015

    Quote Originally Posted by LtPowers View Post
    Two first-place votes in the preseason CHA poll, but third place on points.
    This smelled like both the Mercyhurst and RoMo coaches put them first to avoid voting for the other :-)

  14. #14
    "Let's Roll" - Todd Beamer, 9/11/01
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Horseheads, NY
    Posts
    1,822
    Quote Originally Posted by mar7967 View Post
    Lisa Marshall, a goaltender who graduated in the Spring from Elmira College, is the new assistant coach https://ritathletics.com/news/2014/9/...917145014.aspx

    Scott McDonald: "She was a very good collegiate goaltender, who will work closely with our goaltenders, and also assist in all aspects of the program."
    Congratulations, Lisa!! Welcome to the Tiger family (the other good side!).

    Cheers,
    ~TTF


    Dave
    RIT '90

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    2,493

    Re: RIT Tigers 2014-2015

    Bit of a disappointing game last night. I thought they played a sloppy game and weren't making smart decisions with the puck. Coach McDonald seemed to realize this too: "Tonight was an embarrassing effort," said RIT head coach Scott McDonald. "We overlooked a team that with a full lineup is very talented and dangerous. Our fans deserve a better effort, especially opening a new building and that effort will be corrected by Friday."

    If it's not corrected by Friday, there will be two long games against a good Union squad.
    Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
    College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

    AHA Pick'em spreadsheet 2019-2020: https://tinyurl.com/AHApickem19

    RIT Tigers
    Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
    Men's Frozen Four 2010
    Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
    Women's DIII National Champions 2012

  16. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    27

    Re: RIT Tigers 2014-2015

    With Binnington not playing, the RIT goalies struggled. Need a healthy Binnington playing consistently for the team to have a good year. The best news for RIT from the game was the steller play of the POE Goalie Jenna De Jonge. She is an RIT Commit, 2015/16. She played well and looks like a very solid goalie for the future.

  17. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Rochester NY
    Posts
    152
    Quote Originally Posted by stanleycup View Post
    With Binnington not playing, the RIT goalies struggled. Need a healthy Binnington playing consistently for the team to have a good year. The best news for RIT from the game was the steller play of the POE Goalie Jenna De Jonge. She is an RIT Commit, 2015/16. She played well and looks like a very solid goalie for the future.
    Ya that is the only good thing us fans took away from last night. We won't have to worry about the future of RIT's goaltending after Ali leaves.

  18. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    2,493

    Re: RIT Tigers 2014-2015

    Saw this was posted yesterday- RIT Women's Hockey intro video.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCXXqgmlAzI

    (my memory fails me, is this the same video they played on Monday night? I remember parts of it, but not the beginning about the GPC. Admittedly, I was talking and not paying much attention.)
    Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
    College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

    AHA Pick'em spreadsheet 2019-2020: https://tinyurl.com/AHApickem19

    RIT Tigers
    Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
    Men's Frozen Four 2010
    Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
    Women's DIII National Champions 2012

  19. #19
    Lt. J. Isaac Powers, Starfleet
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The Final Frontier
    Posts
    2,549

    Re: RIT Tigers 2014-2015

    Quote Originally Posted by stanleycup View Post
    With Binnington not playing, the RIT goalies struggled. Need a healthy Binnington playing consistently for the team to have a good year. The best news for RIT from the game was the steller play of the POE Goalie Jenna De Jonge. She is an RIT Commit, 2015/16. She played well and looks like a very solid goalie for the future.
    Frankly, I thought the goalies were fine. They only allowed two real goals, which is as many as De Jonge allowed. Sure the save percentages were lopsided in De Jonge's favor but that's because we kept peppering her with unscreened chest shots from medium and long range.

    I won't deny we need Binnington in net, but her absence wasn't the problem on Monday. We should have scored more than twice.


    Powers &8^]

  20. #20
    Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Northfield, VT
    Posts
    16,649
    Quote Originally Posted by mar7967 View Post
    Saw this was posted yesterday- RIT Women's Hockey intro video.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCXXqgmlAzI

    (my memory fails me, is this the same video they played on Monday night? I remember parts of it, but not the beginning about the GPC. Admittedly, I was talking and not paying much attention.)
    Pretty neat intro video!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •