X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAH Hockey 2014-15: The 30th Varsity Season

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
    Statman Kitchen GFM
    After last night your guys need you to liven this thread up a little.
    Yes to that! Huzzah! Woot!

Comment

Originally posted by Nanookfan24 View Post
      Now that we are out of playoffs this year, im rooting for you guys to make it. Go chargers! Btw great win last night.
      Nice thought ... but … who would finish 10th instead of UAH? With the NCAA announcement the WCHA season is now more about positioning within the WCHA playoffs rather than *making* the WCHA playoffs. I suppose UAH might be able to knock off the next lowest team. Would that be Lake Superior State?? We will know if there truly is a battle for the final playoff spot next week in Huntsville when LSSU comes to town.

cpp

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
        Statman Kitchen GFM
        After last night your guys need you to liven this thread up a little.
        Maybe some props for the standouts?
        I didn't mention this in the recap, but Carpenter and Saulnier got rewarded for hard play with two assists each. I had no idea what to expect from Carpenter given that he didn't play at Western and didn't play for us last year, but he's taken advantage of the thin depth at forward and grabbed some ice time. Saulnier looked solid, too, making some good passes, but two minor penalties in a game where there wasn't a lot of funny business is too many.

Carmine was very good, even with the clearing gaffe. (I don't think there was an easy way to judge the amount of speed that all four skaters had coming into the zone given the angles that everyone had. It was a judgment call.) That was the second-fewest shots-on that he'd ever seen, so I'm sure that he was very appreciative of the offensive pressure from his teammates.

Jack Prince seems a step faster this year and is doing a lot of good things. With Vanderlugt out of the lineup (I'm guessing that he's back next weekend —*I haven't asked), Prince is our best physical presence up front.

Kestner's goal wasn't pretty, but it counts. He was in the right places last night.

Misuraca, man. He knew just when to jump up on that rush, and he made a quick decision and committed for his goal. Frank's not a big guy, but he brings it.

Lastly, I dubbed the Pierce-Reid-Fletcher line as the Bulldog Line on Twitter, and I can already tell that they liked it.

GFM
        Geof F. Morris
        UAH BSE MAE 2002
        UAHHockey.com

Comment

Nice to see Jack Prince is finally getting on the scoresheet.

Comment

Originally posted by Waterboy View Post
            Nice to see Jack Prince is finally getting on the scoresheet.
            Prince looked good this weekend. The PK in the third was bad.

GFM
            Geof F. Morris
            UAH BSE MAE 2002
            UAHHockey.com

Comment

It's nice to see the Chargers aren't a doormat anymore. Congrats on not losing this weekend.
              BGSU Class of 2017

Comment

Despite the third-period meltdown, there was a lot of positives this weekend. Geof covered many of them in the recap:
                http://uahhockey.com/blog/2014/11/08/uah-3-air-force-3/

First back-to-back non-losses (vs. D-I opponents*) since the 2010 CHA championship. First three-point weekend on the road since Dec. 2009.

Heck, we're 1-1-2 in our last four. That's .500!

And, I like our chances to end the home losing streak against Lake Superior. With Alaska's unfortunate (and unfair) postseason ban, the series now has playoff implications.

* I really hate having to put that there, but it's technically correct. Stupid whacked 2012-13 schedule.
                Michael Napier - UAH '97
                uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
                U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
                NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
                CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
                CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by ChargerPowerPlay View Post
                  Nice thought ... but … who would finish 10th instead of UAH? With the NCAA announcement the WCHA season is now more about positioning within the WCHA playoffs rather than *making* the WCHA playoffs. I suppose UAH might be able to knock off the next lowest team. Would that be Lake Superior State?? We will know if there truly is a battle for the final playoff spot next week in Huntsville when LSSU comes to town.

cpp
                  Right now the Nanooks are also at 0-4 in the league, so they have dug themselves an early hole. I expect them to turn it around, though.

Yeah, this weekend's UAH-LSSU series just took on added importance. LSSU was I believe a consensus to finish ninth, and their 1-9 start has reinforced that.
                  Michael Napier - UAH '97
                  uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
                  U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
                  NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
                  CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
                  CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

Congratulations on the successful weekend.

A new recruit.
                    Jeff McCarthy @McCarthyOTB
                    94 D Kurt Gosselin (Alberni Valley Bulldogs) commits to Alabama-Huntsville. Veteran puck moving defenseman who plays a good all around game.
                    http://www.bchl.ca/leagues/rosters_p...layerID=927714

Comment

Thanks for the heads up boblav. Interesting and solid get for Corbett and the coaching staff.

Just looking at elite prospects:http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=76357
                      and the BCHL's website:http://www.bchl.ca/leagues/rosters_p...layerID=927714

We're getting a decent sized, junior vet dman from Detroit area. He's listed at 6'0 202 on his BCHL player page, but only 5'10 181 on elite prospects. Hoping that the more up-to-date BCHL site has the accurate listing. He's put up decent numbers in his past two years in the BCHL with a 9/17/26 slash line in 46 gp in 12-13, and 5/14/19 line in 44 gp in 13-14. Seems to really be having himself a good year on a solid/average Alberni Valley club with 4/11/15 in only 14 gp this year.

Love seeing that we're continuing to recruit out of the BCHL, arguably the top tier II junior league in Canada along with the OJ. We're losing 2 dmen in Strukoff and Reinhardt next year, so with Knight already on board the Gosselin signing could be it for dmen.

Both Knight and Gosselin have good size and junior/prep pedigrees. Real good indication of things to come IMO.

Comment

I find it funny that my last three neg-reps have been from LSSU fans, generally for not being 100% positive about the program. 1) It's my right and responsibility to be a critic just as much as it is a cheerleader; 2) it's funny that a truly negative fan base would do this; 3) y'all have been awful quiet in the last couple of weeks.

Welcome to Huntsville! Have a seat.

GFM
                        Geof F. Morris
                        UAH BSE MAE 2002
                        UAHHockey.com

Comment

LSSU Cumulative Opponent Record Season-to-Date: 30.9.5 (0.68)
                          UAH Cumulative Opponent Record Season-to-Date: 24.18.1 (0.53)

What does this mean? Probably nothing at all. A home win would be nice. Two would be much more than twice as nice.

cpp

Comment

I dream of home wins.

GFM
                            Geof F. Morris
                            UAH BSE MAE 2002
                            UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                              I find it funny that my last three neg-reps have been from LSSU fans, generally for not being 100% positive about the program. 1) It's my right and responsibility to be a critic just as much as it is a cheerleader; 2) it's funny that a truly negative fan base would do this; 3) y'all have been awful quiet in the last couple of weeks.

Welcome to Huntsville! Have a seat.

GFM

Very sorry to hear that Geoff. You have never done anything to warrant a negative rep as far as Lake Superior goes. There are a few negative posters but I would not call it a negative fan base. The change in coaching has brought out the worst of the worst. That is one reason why I have been quiet lately.

I'm not sure what to expect this coming weekend but the Lakers are a better team that their record would indicate. When one of the four or five dressed freshmen D made a mistake it seemed to have turned into a goal against us. They seem to be playing a lot better. I think the tough schedule to start the season actually helped the Lakers.
                              BLEED BLUE

Comment

We know all about playing underclassmen. Lake will be fine in a couple of years. We'll just be one year ahead of you in the rebuild.

GFM
                                Geof F. Morris
                                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Working...
                                X