Boston Frozen Four tickets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston Frozen Four tickets

The scalpers were weeping in the streets in Philly, I even met a BC Padre who could not get rid of an extra seat, he gave it away to a scalper, and convinced him to walk into the arena with him, pretty cool!
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
      The scalpers were weeping in the streets in Philly, I even met a BC Padre who could not get rid of an extra seat, he gave it away to a scalper, and convinced him to walk into the arena with him, pretty cool!
      I got near face for my finals pair on stubhub on Thursday night. Was absolutely shocked.

Must've been some drunk goofer

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback so far guys!

And to add on to the discussion, if anyone is willing to share, would you mind posting how much you paid for your tickets (face value) so I can get a rough estimate of what I'll be looking at for cost. I'm sure Boston will be a little heftier than other places. But that's expected I guess.
        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
        GO LAKERS!!!
        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

Face value for all three games was $230 in Philly, see for sale threads below for the aftermarket on this board.

http://board.uscho.com/forumdisplay....ost&order=desc
          YALE HOCKEY
          2013 National Champions

Comment

Location, Location, Location.

The comments made so far paint a reasonably accurate picture of the FF ticket market since St. Louis '07. Comfortably filled NHL Arenas; but not really a tough ticket. The secondary market has been an attractive option. Tickets at face value or below have been fairly easy to come by. Often seat locations are better than what's available in the lottery/selection process.

HOWEVER: We're talking Boston. Boston '98 was a pretty tough ticket. At least up front, Boston '04 reigns as the toughest FF ticket in the lottery era. And the tournament hasn't been back since. There's at least some pent-up demand. So for those with any priority points at all, I recommend locking in your seats this Fall.

I'm fully aware of the big picture. Current demand for FF ducats is significantly less than the peak years. Short version of a long story: The speculators and scalpers are basically gone. Non-traditional sites took away much of their customer base; higher face values squeezed profit margins. Supply and demand have settled into a comfortable equilibrium.

But again, we're back in Boston. A modest sellers' market may make an encore appearance.

Comment

I am sure ACE tickets will have first choice of the best seats. Talk about a company going from the street to the boardroom!
              YALE HOCKEY
              2013 National Champions

Comment

Just did a quick search and you can buy overpriced hospitality and 2015 Frozen Four tickets today, over $500 for the cheapest all session package. http://www.primesport.com/d/ncaa-mens-frozen-four
                YALE HOCKEY
                2013 National Champions

Comment

Is there a certain way to buy that will start the accumulation of priority points? I'm finally at the point in my life where I can afford to make the Frozen Four at least every other year or so. I know demand is fairly low right now, but I can envision it starting to pick up again, especially with Boston and Saint Paul coming up in the next few years.
                  Notre Dame Hockey
                  Reigning Big Ten Champions
                  Reigning CCHA Champions
                  Hockey East Lineal Champions

Comment

Originally posted by ND Hockey View Post
                    Is there a certain way to buy that will start the accumulation of priority points? I'm finally at the point in my life where I can afford to make the Frozen Four at least every other year or so. I know demand is fairly low right now, but I can envision it starting to pick up again, especially with Boston and Saint Paul coming up in the next few years.
                    General rule: buy them through the NCAA (or the venue directly if you need special accommodations, like handicapped seating), not through the secondary market. The person who buys them from the NCAA gets the priority points.

Comment

But after a while if they aren't sold out the NCAA will release them to the venue. Still at face value, but you don't get your point. This happened to me this year.

Comment

I paid 61 for tickets to just the semis in Philly.
                        Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by ND Hockey View Post
                          Originally posted by CLS View Post
                          General rule: buy them through the NCAA (or the venue directly if you need special accommodations, like handicapped seating), not through the secondary market. The person who buys them from the NCAA gets the priority points.
                          And unlike many "season ticket" systems, you don't get sent to the end of the line for missing a year. You keep the priority points earned. Skipping a year just means you don't earn a point for that particular year. Sounds like ND Hockey will find that feature helpful.

Another nuance to be aware of is that you do NOT have to order the full set of four tickets to earn a priority point. Even purchasing a single is sufficient. This is very helpful if the number of ducats you need varies from year-to-year. Need three tickets this year, four tickets next year, but only two tickets the year after? No worries, it's all good. You'll earn the priority point in each of the three years.

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                          But after a while if they aren't sold out the NCAA will release them to the venue. Still at face value, but you don't get your point. This happened to me this year.
                          In other words, at some point the "lottery" closes, even if tickets remain. Most of us who follow this closely have our tickets long before the end of the lottery, so we don't pay much attention to the closing date. Also, I don't recall the closing date being publicized. I'll try to take note of that this year and post the info when I get it. Or, if someone beats me to the punch, so much the better.

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
                            In other words, at some point the "lottery" closes, even if tickets remain. Most of us who follow this closely have our tickets long before the end of the lottery, so we don't pay much attention to the closing date. Also, I don't recall the closing date being publicized. I'll try to take note of that this year and post the info when I get it. Or, if someone beats me to the punch, so much the better.
                            By waiting, I ended up with WAY, WAY better seats than I was set to get in the lottery. I provided this feedback in the survey as it's hard to trust you're truly getting the "best available" when that happens.

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
                              ... Even purchasing a single is sufficient. This is very helpful if the number of ducats you need varies from year-to-year. Need three tickets this year, four tickets next year, but only two tickets the year after? ...
                              Or the NCAA does something silly and puts the FF in a football stadium and you don't want to go but want the priority point? (Didn't do that, because I didn't think it would be necessary, but the thought crossed my mind).

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                              By waiting, I ended up with WAY, WAY better seats than I was set to get in the lottery. I provided this feedback in the survey as it's hard to trust you're truly getting the "best available" when that happens.
                              Hmmmm interesting. When I bought tickets to Pittsburgh, I selected my own seats and was quite happy with them. Didn't do that for Philly because we needed special seating arrangements, but I assumed it would be the same way for Philly. "Best available" is in the eye of the beholder. Some folks in Pittsburgh had what looked like great seats on the seating chart, but were behind the students, who stood the whole game. I'd understand it if you bought the tickets on the secondary market, because then you'd probably have gotten seats that were purchased by a person with a lot of priority points or that been held back for the NCAA. I guess it's still possible that the NCAA turned some tickets back to the venue, but in general, but in general, that shouldn't have happened.

Comment

I'm a priority 1, so during the lottery most of what was left was in the nosebleeds. In the spring I watched as more and more seats started to open up, and I ended up in a club box. People/orgs/schools must have been backing out on tickets.

Comment

Working...
                                X