Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston Frozen Four tickets

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
    In contrast, if the goal is to improve your vantage point as the years roll along, buy all means make the purchase. Realize that it may take five years before you notice a major difference. But if you have the staying power needed to amass priority points, it will pay off with improved positioning in the long run.
    This is my goal - to improve (if only slightly) my seats over time, and yes I do understand this will take several years. As far as buying the extras and trying to re-sell (your "calculated risk" point), I also know that unloading Boston or St. Paul tickets would be much more likely as opposed to a FF in a place that's not a traditional college hockey market - I definitely wouldn't try this if the FF were held in places such as St. Louis, Pittsburgh, Columbus, etc.

I appreciate all the comments and advice from those of you who have much more experience with buying/attending Frozen Four Championships, and I take your notes and comments with an open mind. I understand all that you've given me on this subject. In the end, only I can decide what my risk tolerance is for putting the extra money out there, and as I said, if I lose then it's a lesson learned - and I'd surely not try it again.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoover View Post
      ...I appreciate all the comments and advice from those of you who have much more experience with buying/attending Frozen Four Championships, and I take your notes and comments with an open mind. I understand all that you've given me on this subject.
      I've enjoyed the conversation and am glad you spoke up. No doubt there are readers out there who benefitted from the fact that you took the time to post.

In the end, only I can decide what my risk tolerance is for putting the extra money out there, and as I said, if I lose then it's a lesson learned - and I'd surely not try it again.
      Fair enough. And again, best of luck.

OK, it's Monday, November 3rd. Time For Priority 2!

Comment

So, now, I think I might need to buy tickets right away. Yay, priority 1! (this is what I get for buying my tickets on the secondary market all but 1 year)
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

what time is the email expected to go out for priority 1 tomorrow?

Comment

I have always enjoyed following the lottery process through this thread, and the others in prior years. Each year, in the last several years, I ask myself if it really is worth buying through the lottery. Yes, I did buy this year as reported weeks ago. It took many years to get out of the balconies and into the lower bowls. Then when seat selection became the norm, we actually decided on first row balcony seats for one or two events. I will be watching the secondary market this year. If good seats (better than what I could get via the lottery) are readily available at or near face value, then I would figure that will be the case for the foreseeable future. So thanks to all who have participated in this thread.

Comment

Hey, J.D.:

Just use the information in this thread and proceed to the ordering process. Yes, the e-mail (which many didn't receive) gives you a direct link to the log-in. But you can get the same info and accomplish the same thing with this link:

http://www.ncaa.com/championships/ic...ts-hospitality

One more click -- on your Priority Level -- and you're at the login page. Do log in right away at 10:00 AM if at all possible. Best of luck.

(adapted from an earlier post.)

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                what time is the email expected to go out for priority 1 tomorrow?
                I am priority 2, and did not receive an email.

Comment

I thought priority 1's were on Wednesday, not tomorrow
                  Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                    I thought priority 1's were on Wednesday, not tomorrow
                    That's when the priority 1 ordering window opens. If that's what you meant, you're correct.

J.D. is asking about the NCAA e-mail, which apparently large numbers of priority holders didn't receive. I don't specifically recall if the NCAA promised to give 24 hours notice, or something comparable to that. Personally I did receive the e-mail, and it was indeed shortly before my ordering window opened. But rather than try to force the NCAA to send you that e-mail on demand, I've just been advising people to use the link provided on this thread. To the best of my knowledge, our link has worked for all who've tried it. Or, perhaps more properly put, no one has reported anything to the contrary.

But if anyone really, really wants that e-mail -- by all means call Customer Service and make the request. If anyone goes that route, please report back.

Comment

i did get an email today...

Comment

well that was easier than i expected

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          well that was easier than i expected
                          Agreed

Comment

got 2 tix in balcony 306, row 11, seats 22-23. liked the fact they were on the end of a row (if i read it correctly).

Comment

Balcony 323, Row 11, Seats 9-10

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I'll be interested to see how much of a dent priority 1 makes.

Comment

Working...
                                X