New Team in the Atlantic Division

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Team in the Atlantic Division

With Connecticut joining Hockey East, who is going to replace them in the Atlantic Conference?

Re: New Team in the Atlantic Division

Originally posted by Go Irish View Post
    With Connecticut joining Hockey East, who is going to replace them in the Atlantic Conference?
    No one.
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

We could probably send you UMass. But that'd be cruel...

...to the Atlantic Conference.

Comment

Most of us hope for Navy but nothing will happen for the next couple years for the AHA.

Comment

I would hope for Iowa State when they decide to jump from Club hockey to D1.

Comment

Originally posted by Pink Pony View Post
            I would hope for Iowa State when they decide to jump from Club hockey to D1.
            I'm guessing that if Iowa State ever decides to become varsity, they would be looking to join the NCHC or, perhaps, as an associate member of the B1G for hockey only, like Johns Hopkins in Lacrosse.
            SCSU Hockey: 2001 WCHA Playoff Champions, 2013 WCHA Champions & Frozen Four, 2014 NCHC Champions, 2016 NCHC Playoff Champions
            UMD Women: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2010
            Gopher Football: 1934, 1935, 1936, 1940, 1941, 1960
            Johnnie Football: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003
            UMD Football: 2008, 2010
            UMD Men: 2011

Comment

Originally posted by HumRsky View Post
              I'm guessing that if Iowa State ever decides to become varsity, they would be looking to join the NCHC or, perhaps, as an associate member of the B1G for hockey only, like Johns Hopkins in Lacrosse.
              How either of those are more likely than the WCHA is beyond me.
              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                How either of those are more likely than the WCHA is beyond me.
                Well yeah, them too. You're right that that would probably be the most likely landing place. I really don't think they'd be interested in Atlantic Hockey if they chose to make the effort to start a varsity program.
                SCSU Hockey: 2001 WCHA Playoff Champions, 2013 WCHA Champions & Frozen Four, 2014 NCHC Champions, 2016 NCHC Playoff Champions
                UMD Women: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2010
                Gopher Football: 1934, 1935, 1936, 1940, 1941, 1960
                Johnnie Football: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003
                UMD Football: 2008, 2010
                UMD Men: 2011

Comment

Originally posted by HumRsky View Post
                  Well yeah, them too. You're right that that would probably be the most likely landing place. I really don't think they'd be interested in Atlantic Hockey if they chose to make the effort to start a varsity program.
                  And on the other hand, I don't believe the Atlantic would be interested in bringing in a large state school for the simple reason that the member schools are not especially deep-pocketed and (wisely) choose to limit the levels of resources directed to hockey (and all other sports, for that matter). UConn was an exception because it chose to fund its hockey program at generally the same levels as the other member schools. Bottom line is that adding a big-time (in the athletics resource sense) state school just isn't going to happen.
                  Last edited by Split-N; 05-19-2014, 09:30 AM.
                  "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

The point is moot. Iowa State has no plans for NCAA hockey.
                    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Mookie is not sure why bc doesn't field a jv team and put them in AHA.
                      Then they'd get 2x the chances to win a national title.
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Pink Pony
                        The AHA and the WCHA should have an interlocking schedule. The WCHA has hard time scheduling NC games.
                        Totally agree. But see previous comments about limited resources available to AH member schools. And AFAIK, same can be said for at least some of the new WCHA members. Unless Warren Buffet or someone of that ilk wants to underwrite the cross-country travel costs, it's not going to happen.
                        "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Pink Pony
                          Do you have proof?
                          Do you have proof that they do?
                          Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                          "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

In the past the names have been: Navy who just built a new rink, and would be a natural for rivalries with Air Force and Army.
                            St Anslems: New facility, D2 so they are limited on where they can go, share a conference with Bentley, AIC, for other sports, would be a natural fit to th eEastern pod.
                            Rhode island: Only New England university without a varsity program, on-campus rink, "hockey area" another natural fit into the eastern pod.
                            Stonehill: See St A's but no on-campus rink. I think it will be a year or two down the road but my guess is St Anslems will ultimately make the move. The BC JVs are another possibility, I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
                              In the past the names have been: Navy who just built a new rink, and would be a natural for rivalries with Air Force and Army.
                              St Anslems: New facility, D2 so they are limited on where they can go, share a conference with Bentley, AIC, for other sports, would be a natural fit to th eEastern pod.
                              Rhode island: Only New England university without a varsity program, on-campus rink, "hockey area" another natural fit into the eastern pod.
                              Stonehill: See St A's but no on-campus rink. I think it will be a year or two down the road but my guess is St Anslems will ultimately make the move. The BC JVs are another possibility, I suppose.
                              Both URI and St. A's were already approached, and both gave public "no thank you"s. Navy effectively did the same 3-4 years back.
                              Bentley University Hockey
                              On-campus arena: Build it, and they will come...

Comment

Working...
                              X