Page 1 of 46 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

Less than 5 months to go!

Re: UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

I don't think the thread title is long enough.

Re: UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

Agree. May I suggest

"UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October, and Long Live Red Who Will Lead Us to the Promised Land Once Again, Dontchya Know ??!!!!!
    sure why not

Yeah, that's about as long of a thread title as the forum allows, unfortunately. I was just trying to get things rolling, but if someone wants to think of a more to the point thread title I wouldn't be offended

Wind up workin' in a gas station walrus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbearbandie View Post
    Yeah, that's about as long of a thread title as the forum allows, unfortunately. I was just trying to get things rolling, but if someone wants to think of a more to the point thread title I wouldn't be offended
    It's fine, let's roll

Priceless

More schedule news: Quinnipiac is most likely dropping the game they had planned to play against UConn. That would mean the Q would have two games left, and an interest in playing a HEA team which Maine might be able to capitalize upon. They would make a much better opponent than an AHA team like Canisius.

However, I have noticed that the state flagship schools (except New Hampshire) have between 6-10 games remaining. Even if both Ohio State and Penn State step up and fill the schedules, it remains possible for Maine, Vermont, UConn and UMass to play non-conference games against each other. Hopefully that will not happen, though I am not sure how much worse it would be to play two games against one of those schools versus playing a pair against an AHA club...

sittin on the dock of a bay

just saw on twitter that Providence's Drew Brown has been diagnosed with Ewing's Sarcoma a rare bone cancer... cancer was detected during an MRI after he was injured against UNH in the HE Semis

Quote Originally Posted by Priceless View Post
    More schedule news: Quinnipiac is most likely dropping the game they had planned to play against UConn. That would mean the Q would have two games left, and an interest in playing a HEA team which Maine might be able to capitalize upon. They would make a much better opponent than an AHA team like Canisius.

However, I have noticed that the state flagship schools (except New Hampshire) have between 6-10 games remaining. Even if both Ohio State and Penn State step up and fill the schedules, it remains possible for Maine, Vermont, UConn and UMass to play non-conference games against each other. Hopefully that will not happen, though I am not sure how much worse it would be to play two games against one of those schools versus playing a pair against an AHA club...
    Would help to add them(Quinnipiac)and hopefully Colgate...with either Ohio State or Penn State...with the way the 2 teams shape up...Ohio State has a lot of returning players from last years squad...with Quinnipiac/Colgate & Ohio State added to the already OC lineup,it would make for a much better Schedule then last years(imo).

Quote Originally Posted by gscott13 View Post
    just saw on twitter that Providence's Drew Brown has been diagnosed with Ewing's Sarcoma a rare bone cancer... cancer was detected during an MRI after he was injured against UNH in the HE Semis
    They say he will miss the entire 2014-15 season while under-going treatment...

Priceless

His twitter is @drew_brown7 if you want to send him a message.

That s u cks. Dealing with the big C with my mother right now. With the technology and the billions invested in research you'd think we'd be closer to a cure. They have expanded life expectancy greatly...thank God or my mother would be gone by now but d a mn what an evil disease. Seen so many people young and old succumb to it. Let's all pray for a cure in our lifetime.

Wind up workin' in a gas station walrus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ck1969 View Post
    That s u cks. Dealing with the big C with my mother right now. With the technology and the billions invested in research you'd think we'd be closer to a cure. They have expanded life expectancy greatly...thank God or my mother would be gone by now but d a mn what an evil disease. Seen so many people young and old succumb to it. Let's all pray for a cure in our lifetime.
    No doubt, cancer sucks

Received my Black Bear AWAY Game Ticket Application form today...they are showing 16 away games: Alaska-Anchorage Oct.10-11 -- Vermont Nov.7-8 -- Nov.21 BU/Nov.22 BC -- Dec.6 UML -- Dec.12 UNH @ Verizon Center/Manchester,NH -- Jan.10-11 UMass -- Jan.24 UNH -- Feb.1 UConn -- Feb.13-14 Merrimack -- Feb.27-28 Providence.

Just saw where Quinnipiac is playing St. Cloud State this year and next,one reason why they are not playing UConn. So there goes most likely a game or games this year v Quinnipiac.

Priceless

Quote Originally Posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
    Received my Black Bear AWAY Game Ticket Application form today...they are showing 16 away games: Alaska-Anchorage Oct.10-11 -- Vermont Nov.7-8 -- Nov.21 BU/Nov.22 BC -- Dec.6 UML -- Dec.12 UNH @ Verizon Center/Manchester,NH -- Jan.10-11 UMass -- Jan.24 UNH -- Feb.1 UConn -- Feb.13-14 Merrimack -- Feb.27-28 Providence.
    That sucks. That means Maine will play 2 non-conference games @UMA.

I guess so...as that's what was on the Away Game Schedule Form.

But at least that gives the opportunity to go get the best wings in New England at the Hangar!
    bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
    SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
    All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
    A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Priceless

Based on this:

10/10/14 @Alaska-Anchorage^&
    10/11/14 v Alaska^&
    10/17/14 Union&
    10/18/14 Union&
    10/24/14 Alaska-Anchorage&
    10/25/14 Alaska-Anchorage&
    11/07/14 @Vermont*
    11/08/14 @Vermont*
    11/21/14 @Boston University*
    11/22/14 @Boston College*
    12/06/14 @Lowell*
    12/12/14 UHN (Portland)&
    12/13/14 UHN (Manchester)&
    01/09/15 @Massachusetts&
    01/10/15 @Massachusetts&
    01/23/15 New Hampshire*
    01/24/15 @NewHampshire*
    02/01/15 @Conn*
    02/13/15 @Merrimack*
    02/14/15 @Merrimack*
    02/27/15 @Providence*
    02/27/15 @Providence*

What this means: Maine will play two non-conference games @UMass Jan 10+11. Maine will host UMass for the league contests, probably 10/31-11/1.
    The Lowell and UConn contests will remain split - 1 home, 1 road - each season.
    It looks like the reverse-engineered Hockey East schedule was pretty accurate, except for the BU/BC games in Boston.
    32 games are now scheduled. Four games remain.
    It looks like Maine will play 19 home games - all four remaining games. That means if Maine is going to get a B1G opponent, it will likely be Penn State as Michigan State already makes two trips to New England.

Based on this:

10/10/14 @Alaska-Anchorage^&
    10/11/14 v Alaska^&
    10/17/14 Union&
    10/18/14 Union&
    10/24/14 Alaska-Anchorage&
    10/25/14 Alaska-Anchorage&
    11/07/14 @Vermont*
    11/08/14 @Vermont*
    11/21/14 @Boston University*
    11/22/14 @Boston College*
    12/06/14 @Lowell*
    12/12/14 UHN (Portland)&
    12/13/14 UHN (Manchester)&
    01/09/15 @Massachusetts&
    01/10/15 @Massachusetts&
    01/23/15 New Hampshire*
    01/24/15 @NewHampshire*
    02/01/15 @Conn*
    02/13/15 @Merrimack*
    02/14/15 @Merrimack*
    02/27/15 @Providence*
    02/27/15 @Providence*

What this means: Maine will play two non-conference games @UMass Jan 10+11. Maine will host UMass for the league contests, probably 10/31-11/1.
    The Lowell and UConn contests will remain split - 1 home, 1 road - each season.
    It looks like the reverse-engineered Hockey East schedule was pretty accurate, except for the BU/BC games in Boston.
    32 games are now scheduled. Four games remain.
    It looks like Maine will play 19 home games - all four remaining games. That means if Maine is going to get a B1G opponent, it will likely be Penn State as Michigan State already makes two trips to New England.
    You have Maine Playing Alaska-Anchorage 3 times? One away and two @ Maine?

Priceless
    Quote Originally Posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
    You have Maine Playing Alaska-Anchorage 3 times? One away and two @ Maine?
    Correct. UAA is coming to Orono for a pair this season, not next.

Thread Information