Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LSSU Lakers 2014 off-season thread (part 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Lakers 2014 off-season thread (part 2)

Originally posted by AnchorsAway View Post
    MTU... they're not Michigan.
    And trust me, we're all thankful of that fact every day.

Maybe LSSU alumni don't get it as often because you don't have Michigan in the school's name, but I can't count how many times I've told someone I graduated from Michigan Tech and they reply with "Oh yeah, I love the Wolverines..."

Ryan J
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Originally posted by geezer
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
    Originally posted by manurespreader
    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by FRICKER View Post
      Best of luck to Damon Whitten in his new job!!!! I coached Damon as a Squirt Major withe the Michigan Travelers AAA team and remember hom as a hard worker who loves the game. Go Lakers!!!
      You also told us what a great coach Borek was going to be.

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
        You also told us what a great coach Borek was going to be.
        I have a bad feeling about this one. I'm not holding my breath for any miracles with the selection of this new coach. I wish them luck - they're going to need it!
        http://livingwithinsects.files.wordp.../midge-001.png

Comment

With no head coaching experince and an assistant on nothing but losing records, I am not sure taking a chance with another assistant is the right way to go.

Comment

I ten to agree in thinking Fogarty was the choice with his experience in building a program and taking it to the top. But it's not to be GOOD LUCK Coach Whitten! See you in October.

I see they are have the press conference 'live streamed' on the net. https://new.livestream.com/lakestate/ Unfortunately I will miss it, I would like to see/hear the questions and answers at the press conference.

GO LAKERS!
            Go Lakers!

Comment

Damon has a pedigree of experience playing for Mason, working for Comely, and learning under Mel.

He should do you proud.

I am interested who he will bring in to fill his staff. Are any former Huskies in that mix.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                Damon has a pedigree of experience playing for Mason, working for Comely, and learning under Mel.

He should do you proud.

I am interested who he will bring in to fill his staff. Are any former Huskies in that mix.
                There were some rumors that they would like the new coach to keep Tim Christian on as one of the asistants

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                  There were some rumors that they would like the new coach to keep Tim Christian on as one of the asistants
                  If I were Whitten, I'd agree to that only if I get to pick a second, full-time assistant myself.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                    And trust me, we're all thankful of that fact every day.

Maybe LSSU alumni don't get it as often because you don't have Michigan in the school's name, but I can't count how many times I've told someone I graduated from Michigan Tech and they reply with "Oh yeah, I love the Wolverines..."

Ryan J
                    People only hear what they want to hear. Living in Chicagoland, when asked where I graduated, "Northern Michigan," they respond with "Did you like being out in DeKalb?" (As in, DeKalb, Illinois, home of Northern Illinois University.)

Trying to explain that Michigan is also accessible through Wisconsin is also mind blowing sometimes.
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      If I were Whitten, I'd agree to that only if I get to pick a second, full-time assistant myself.

I agree
                      BLEED BLUE

Comment

Not as many questions at the press conference as I expected. Sounds like the assistant coach situation is still to be determined.

Comment

Seems no one had any questions .

Comment

Opening series is a bit awkward now....

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                              Seems no one had any questions .
                              People were too afraid to ask the REAL questions! It's funny that Whitten mentioned AD's knowledge of hockey - she's married to a hockey coach and her kids play hockey. Funny he didn't mention that they coach and play in St. Ignace - our community's rival team! He also didn't mention that her husband was part of the coaching staff who experienced the worst years of hockey at Lake State, and brought the program to its knees. His comments were all nicey-nicey ***kissing comments. He will see in time. You just wait!
                              http://livingwithinsects.files.wordp.../midge-001.png

Comment

I like the fact that when asked about recruiting, he said he's been out there enough the past few years to know who may still be available and he'll likely be making some phone calls tonight. He's hitting the ground running. He did say he still needed to check and see how much scholarship money is available for next season.

Comment

Working...
                                X