Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota Gophers Offseason Thread 2014 - Quick, Reload!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota Gophers Offseason Thread 2014 - Quick, Reload!

Depends on the relationship they have with the player and his adviser. Disagree all you want but there have certainly been way more examples of it not being used than it being used.

For Wilcox, he'd probably be better off doing it because of the depth chart in TB and the fact that getting to the bigs as a goalie is much tougher given you only need two on a team.

Reilly... well, he's good. But I think he has plenty of incentive to stick with the CBJ.
    University of Minnesota

Twitter: Hammy Hockey

Comment

No news is still good news.

So what happened to all the posters who were here as recently as a couple years ago?

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post

So what happened to all the posters who were here as recently as a couple years ago?
        Here's to starting Scooby Glass Watch 2014.
        Go Gophers!

Comment

Done.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            Done.
            Where does it start-

Half full or half empty?

Comment

Originally posted by Go4PuckFan2.0 View Post
              Where does it start-

Half full or half empty?
              Looks like 75% to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                Looks like 75% to me.
                Yeah but 75% full or empty?
                Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                  Yeah but 75% full or empty?
                  The number always corresponds to fill level.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    The number always corresponds to fill level.
                    I think you are a little low if this is purely based on next year projection. If and when people depart, you will need to drop, but they are returning a he\\ of a team at this point. (I suspect residual disappointment from this year's finish is still leaking through the glass.)

Comment

Anyone here have season tickets? Wondering what led to the change this year, whereby they no longer have a separate points system for each sport, including hockey. Instead they now give you a combined points total for all sports and show how you rank on that basis. They've also apparently gotten rid of the online seat selection process, and it seems like if you want to renew your current seats you just can. And the "donation" appears to be optional? Not sure about that, but if one is no longer required I didn't see it. There's a single little box you can check if you're interested in changing your seat(s) location and/or purchasing a season parking pass. I checked the box but after four days or so I haven't heard back.

I can only assume that the changes being made this year are due to lots of complaints they received about the whole "priority seating" process and the fact that they want to sell more tickets to fill the place once again. For most games last season there were quite a few empty seats, even the best ones between the blue lines. Hard to know how many were no-shows vs. seats that simply went unsold.
                      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                        Anyone here have season tickets? Wondering what led to the change this year, whereby they no longer have a separate points system for each sport, including hockey.
                        Rewarding those with lots of money.
                        They've also apparently gotten rid of the online seat selection process, and it seems like if you want to renew your current seats you just can. And the "donation" appears to be optional? Not sure about that, but if one is no longer required I didn't see it.
                        Prices and donations are the same this year. Upgrade process starts June 1 or something.
                        For most games last season there were quite a few empty seats, even the best ones between the blue lines. Hard to know how many were no-shows vs. seats that simply went unsold.
                        No shows. Seats in there definitely weren't available going into last season.
                        Notes in red

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                          Notes in red
                          If your notes are correct it sure would have been nice for Gopher Sports had explained this. Season tickets renewals started May 1st and there was no clear indication as to how the process this year is different than last. Oh well, it should be a great season assuming everything works out with the tickets and parking, which is my other complaint - they close the big lot on the north side way too early unless you have the season parking pass. This looks to be their "incentive" to sell more of these passes because many spaces typically end up going unused.
                          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Largest crowd at the Xcel since UND graced it's presence for a playoff game, just weird since there is sooooooo much more to do in the twin cities.
                            "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                            Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                            The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                            Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

I think you are a little low if this is purely based on next year projection. If and when people depart, you will need to drop, but they are returning a he\\ of a team at this point. (I suspect residual disappointment from this year's finish is still leaking through the glass.)
                              The glue and duct tape probably have some leaks.

Comment

They are busy watching spring hockey at the X. Spring hockey is the best hockey. ha.
                                Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                                dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                                wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Working...
                                X