Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota Gophers Offseason Thread 2014 - Quick, Reload!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota Gophers Offseason Thread 2014 - Quick, Reload!

With great accomplishments comes even higher expectations for next year. Who stays? Who goes?
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Re: Minnesota Gophers Offseason Thread 2014 - Quick, Reload!

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    With great accomplishments comes even higher expectations for next year. Who stays? Who goes?
    **NewsFlash**
    The NCAA has approved the request of several University of Minnesota Men’s hockey team members to transfer their eligibility to the University’s women’s team.

A spokesman for the NCAA said several commitee members were hesitant because they did not think the men could refrain from the physical play that is typical to the men’s game but is against the rules in women’s hockey. But in reviewing the NCAA championship game they approved without hesitation the application of all of the men.

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
      **NewsFlash**
      The NCAA has approved the request of several University of Minnesota Men’s hockey team members to transfer their eligibility to the University’s women’s team.

A spokesman for the NCAA said several commitee members were hesitant because they did not think the men could refrain from the physical play that is typical to the men’s game but is against the rules in women’s hockey. But in reviewing the NCAA championship game they approved without hesitation the application of all of the men.
      No. It wasn't the hitting. It was age and experience that mattered.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        No. It wasn't the hitting. It was age and experience that mattered.
        Boy, you really are an unproductive sarcastic grump
        Code:
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

How many Seniors can we transfer over for next season?
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            How many Seniors can we transfer over for next season?
            A billion
            Code:

Comment

Congrats on a great year. I know less than a National Championship isn't what you're looking for but it is what it is. Best Gophers team that I recall seeing in quite a while.

Comment

Is it October yet?

I have nothing to add. I hate the offseason and I hate waiting around to see who leaves and who stays. But all I know is if these freshmen stick together for a couple more years...sky is the limit.
                "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

While there is still a long offseason to play out, but Minnesota could be a very strong #1 to open the season in October 2014. The B1G could be clinched by the end of February. Not many other teams look that good on paper, but things will change once they step on the ice.

Comment

If Wilcox is still with the team in October this team should be very good again, I do hope he stays for his JR year.

All of our young guns will only get better, could be a another banner or 2 year. I'm also interested in seeing that Swedish recruit (Bristedt ?) that is coming in next year. Curious what type of player he is.
                    Originally posted by CavalryNate
                    Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                    sigpic

Comment

No doubt. It gets old.
                      @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                      On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                      High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
                        If Wilcox is still with the team in October this team should be very good again, I do hope he stays for his JR year.

All of our young guns will only get better, could be a another banner or 2 year. I'm also interested in seeing that Swedish recruit (Bristedt ?) that is coming in next year. Curious what type of player he is.
                        To keep with Scooby's theme for not letting things go, thought I'd point out that it is some people's opinion that players don't improve with experience, so our young players will not continue to get better as you proposed.
                        @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                        On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                        High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

I am most concerned with Wilcox leaving. Tampa,Bay has to make a decision pay Wilcox good money or risk losing him to free agency.
                          Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                          dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                          wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
                            To keep with Scooby's theme for not letting things go, thought I'd point out that it is some people's opinion that players don't improve with experience, so our young players will not continue to get better as you proposed.
                            Well then other people's opinions are wrong.

At any rate, I'm looking forward to the 2014-2015 Gopher team and do think they will be pretty good again.
                            Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                              I am most concerned with Wilcox leaving. Tampa,Bay has to make a decision pay Wilcox good money or risk losing him to free agency.

I read they have some other higher rated goalies in their pipeline currently, we'll see.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X