UMass Lowell Offseason 2014: Brave New World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So any news on dougie?
    BACK 2 BACK HE Champions whoda thunk it! Final Four 2013!

Comment

Re: UMass Lowell Offseason 2014: Brave New World

Nothing on Carr as of yet, but Pendenza is rumored to be heading to Milwaukee of the AHL. They are in the Nashville Predators farm system.

Comment

so in checking out bazin's press conference from the other day (first time i've heard him speak), noticed a french canadian accent. looks like he's from a french part of manitoba (didn't know that existed)? very interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          so in checking out bazin's press conference from the other day (first time i've heard him speak), noticed a french canadian accent. looks like he's from a french part of manitoba (didn't know that existed)? very interesting.
          Oui.

Comment

According to this New Haven Register article, Lowell will play two against Quinnipiac again next season.
            http://www.nhregister.com/sports/201...aining-success

Quinnipiac’s non-league schedule will include at least nine games against Hockey East competition. There are home-and-away series with UMass Lowell, Merrimack and Massachusetts, a two-game set with Northeastern and one with UConn in Hamden.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
              According to this New Haven Register article, Lowell will play two against Quinnipiac again next season.
              http://www.nhregister.com/sports/201...aining-success
              It's good to see the non conference schedule have other NCAA tournament teams in it.

Comment

Fyi.
                mike mcmahon ‏@mikemcmahonchn 13m
                ne hockey writers all-ne goaltenders: Connor hellebuyck (uml), clay witt (nu)
                Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
                  It's good to see the non conference schedule have other NCAA tournament teams in it.
                  Agreed. I'd like to less AHA teams on the schedule this year. Do Denver and CC owe us a visit too? I saw CC is coming out to play PC so that probably means they won't come out here twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                    Agreed. I'd like to less AHA teams on the schedule this year. Do Denver and CC owe us a visit too? I saw CC is coming out to play PC so that probably means they won't come out here twice.
                    Denver, CC, Michigan, Michigan State all owe us games at this point.
                    Lowell Forever
                    Forever Lowell

Comment

Shawn Hutcheon ‏@ShawnHutcheon 23m
                      .@RiverHawkHockey junior forward Scott Wilson has signed with @penguins. @LowellSunSports

Best of luck to Scott!
                      Lowell Forever
                      Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                        Shawn Hutcheon ‏@ShawnHutcheon 23m
                        .@RiverHawkHockey junior forward Scott Wilson has signed with @penguins. @LowellSunSports

Best of luck to Scott!
                        ****... I'd been hoping.
                        Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                          ****... I'd been hoping.
                          Might as well take the money. Good luck to him.

Comment

Originally posted by UML View Post
                            Might as well take the money. Good luck to him.
                            His points may have been down this year, but I thought the other aspects of his game were terrific. He was physical, and I thought, for the most part, he played well defensively in his own zone.

Comment

Well Onion Man always said we'd been a one-year wonder ...

Oh wait...

I think most of us expected a small drop next season anyway with the talent leaving the program. Unless the freshmen coming in can bring it starting early, this is going to hurt. With the early departures, Lowell loses 122 of the 301 points they had offensively.

Of course, if Hellebuyck comes back...
                              Monty

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                                Well Onion Man always said we'd been a one-year wonder ...

Oh wait...

I think most of us expected a small drop next season anyway with the talent leaving the program. Unless the freshmen coming in can bring it starting early, this is going to hurt. With the early departures, Lowell loses 122 of the 301 points they had offensively.

Of course, if Hellebuyck comes back...
                                Begin to repetitively strike yourself with a large piece of wood....

Comment

Working...
                                X