Page 1 of 29 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 576

Thread: UMass Lowell Offseason 2014: Brave New World

  1. #1
    Rodent of Unusual Size Patman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    23,011

    UMass Lowell Offseason 2014: Brave New World

    Alright, time, unfortunately, to start this up.

    What a rollercoaster this has been. Sadly, this ride ended early but not without some real highs and thrilling moments through to the end. First pre-season #1, second HEA tournament title, third NCAA appearance this century/decade.

    I think a lot of us expect drop offs and departures. Nonetheless, nothing is the same. I like it, but I'm scared

    On with the show!
    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

    Jerseys I would like to have:
    Skating Friar Jersey
    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
    Army Black Knight logo jersey


    NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,757

    Re: UMass Lowell Offseason 2014: Brave New World

    Folin signs with the Minnesota Wild.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,692

    Re: UMass Lowell Offseason 2014: Brave New World


  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    15,687

    Re: UMass Lowell Offseason 2014: Brave New World

    ****, didn't waste any time eh?

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    nashua,nh
    Posts
    66

    Re: UMass Lowell Offseason 2014: Brave New World

    According to the Minnesota Wild website they thought pretty highly of Folin. Good for him!!!

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    254
    Quote Originally Posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
    Folin signs with the Minnesota Wild.
    As it was expected, though bummer he isn't eligible for the playoffs.

    Now let's hope that not many others leave the nest early.

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,692

    Re: UMass Lowell Offseason 2014: Brave New World

    Quote Originally Posted by CleggyofUML View Post
    As it was expected, though bummer he isn't eligible for the playoffs.

    Now let's hope that not many others leave the nest early.
    Hellebuyck is a potential flight risk, but I think Wilson was injured/not up to par enough that he'll stay another year. Kamrass was awesome, so impressed by him in both ends this year, but he's a smaller D so good chance he'll return.

  8. #8
    Also known as the Southern Dandaaay
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,752

    Re: UMass Lowell Offseason 2014: Brave New World

    Great news for Christian.
    Lowell Forever
    Forever Lowell

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    19,778

    Re: UMass Lowell Offseason 2014: Brave New World

    Quote Originally Posted by Patman View Post
    Alright, time, unfortunately, to start this up.

    What a rollercoaster this has been. Sadly, this ride ended early but not without some real highs and thrilling moments through to the end. First pre-season #1, second HEA tournament title, third NCAA appearance this century/decade.

    I think a lot of us expect drop offs and departures. Nonetheless, nothing is the same. I like it, but I'm scared

    On with the show!
    Congrats to UML for a stellar season and a great game against BC.
    I really thought you would win the battle of the goalies but not this time.
    Next year....
    Last edited by vizoroo; 04-01-2014 at 02:20 AM.
    GO DU !!!

  10. #10
    Veteran leswp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    33,063

    Re: UMass Lowell Offseason 2014: Brave New World

    Missed this thread and was wondering why no one posted about Christian yet. Congrats to him.

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Nashua, NH
    Posts
    8,557

    Re: UMass Lowell Offseason 2014: Brave New World

    Quote Originally Posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
    Hellebuyck is a potential flight risk, but I think Wilson was injured/not up to par enough that he'll stay another year. Kamrass was awesome, so impressed by him in both ends this year, but he's a smaller D so good chance he'll return.
    I wonder if his younger brother coming to campus might help keep him at Lowell as well?
    Monty

    2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Nashua, NH
    Posts
    8,557

    Re: UMass Lowell Offseason 2014: Brave New World

    Just a quick look at next year's roster, as of today. This has some suppositions on the incoming freshmen. I still am nervous about d-depth.

    14/15 Roster
    Defense (8):
    Senior: Zach Kamrass, Jake Suter
    Juniors: Greg Amlong
    Sophomores: Dalton Carter, Michael Kapla, Dylan Zink
    Freshmen: Chris Forney, Tyler Mueller

    Forwards (17):
    Seniors: Terrence Wallin, Scott Wilson
    Juniors: Adam Chapie, Mike Colantone, Michael Fallon, Robert Francis (RS), Ryan McGrath, A.J. White
    Sophomores: Evan Campbell, Joe Gambardella, Chris Maniccia
    Freshmen: Ryan Collins, John Edwardh, Dylan Hollman, Jake Kamrass, Mike Louria, CJ Smith

    Goalies (3):
    Seniors: Brian Robbins
    Juniors: Connor Hellebuyck, Kevin Boyle (RS)

    This leaves us at 28 on the roster, with the class breakdown for 2014/2015 being:
    Seniors: 5
    Juniors: 9
    Sophomores: 6
    Freshmen: 8
    Monty

    2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

  13. #13
    Rodent of Unusual Size Patman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    23,011

    Re: UMass Lowell Offseason 2014: Brave New World

    who is dalton carter
    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

    Jerseys I would like to have:
    Skating Friar Jersey
    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
    Army Black Knight logo jersey


    NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

  14. #14
    Where my dogsies at?
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Lowell, MA
    Posts
    2,418

    Re: UMass Lowell Offseason 2014: Brave New World

    Quote Originally Posted by UMLFan View Post
    Just a quick look at next year's roster, as of today. This has some suppositions on the incoming freshmen. I still am nervous about d-depth.

    14/15 Roster
    Defense (8):
    Senior: Zach Kamrass, Jake Suter
    Juniors: Greg Amlong
    Sophomores: Dalton Carter, Michael Kapla, Dylan Zink
    Freshmen: Chris Forney, Tyler Mueller

    Forwards (17):
    Seniors: Terrence Wallin, Scott Wilson
    Juniors: Adam Chapie, Mike Colantone, Michael Fallon, Robert Francis (RS), Ryan McGrath, A.J. White
    Sophomores: Evan Campbell, Joe Gambardella, Chris Maniccia
    Freshmen: Ryan Collins, John Edwardh, Dylan Hollman, Jake Kamrass, Mike Louria, CJ Smith

    Goalies (3):
    Seniors: Brian Robbins
    Juniors: Connor Hellebuyck, Kevin Boyle (RS)

    This leaves us at 28 on the roster, with the class breakdown for 2014/2015 being:
    Seniors: 5
    Juniors: 9
    Sophomores: 6
    Freshmen: 8
    Monty, how thin is D currently looking for 2015-2016? Because that list has me nervous as all hell.

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Nashua, NH
    Posts
    8,557

    Re: UMass Lowell Offseason 2014: Brave New World

    Quote Originally Posted by Patman View Post
    who is dalton carter
    He joined the team in January.
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomdweller View Post
    Monty, how thin is D currently looking for 2015-2016? Because that list has me nervous as all hell.
    This was discussed more in the recruiting thread, but for 15/16 Lowell currently has:

    Defense (7):
    Senior: Greg Amlong
    Juniors: Dalton Carter, Michael Kapla, Dylan Zink
    Sophomores: Chris Forney, Tyler Mueller
    Freshman: Tommy Panico

    Nothing against Carter, but I think he was brought in as a stop-gap when the team's depth was in serious question. I haven't seen him play, but from what I've heard, I don't expect him to be playing much (if at all), which means we have only 7 d-men really next year, and 6 the following.
    Monty

    2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

  16. #16
    GregM
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Chelmsford
    Posts
    185
    So any news on dougie?

  17. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    109

    Re: UMass Lowell Offseason 2014: Brave New World

    Nothing on Carr as of yet, but Pendenza is rumored to be heading to Milwaukee of the AHL. They are in the Nashville Predators farm system.

  18. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    15,687

    Re: UMass Lowell Offseason 2014: Brave New World

    so in checking out bazin's press conference from the other day (first time i've heard him speak), noticed a french canadian accent. looks like he's from a french part of manitoba (didn't know that existed)? very interesting.

  19. #19
    Veteran leswp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    33,063

    Re: UMass Lowell Offseason 2014: Brave New World

    Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    so in checking out bazin's press conference from the other day (first time i've heard him speak), noticed a french canadian accent. looks like he's from a french part of manitoba (didn't know that existed)? very interesting.
    Oui.

  20. #20

    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Windham, NH
    Posts
    6,917

    Re: UMass Lowell Offseason 2014: Brave New World

    According to this New Haven Register article, Lowell will play two against Quinnipiac again next season.
    https://www.nhregister.com/sports/201...aining-success

    Quinnipiac’s non-league schedule will include at least nine games against Hockey East competition. There are home-and-away series with UMass Lowell, Merrimack and Massachusetts, a two-game set with Northeastern and one with UConn in Hamden.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •