X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2nd Term Part VIII - The Thin Red Line

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
    Why is Nigeria suddenly important to us? I'm pretty sure 1000s of girls have been kidnapped prior to this and no one here gave a sh*t.

Social cause bandwagon ftw!
    It's how many were kidnapped at once. Five or ten here and there and nobody pays attention.
    Originally posted by Priceless
    Good to see you're so reasonable.
    Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
    Very well, said.
    Originally posted by Rover
    A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
      And then they wonder why those "War on Women" stories stick to them like glue.
      “It seems to me, from what I understand from doctors, that’s really rare,” Akin told KTVI-TV. “If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down. But let’s assume that maybe that didn’t work or something: I think there should be some punishment, but the punishment ought to be of the rapist, and not attacking the child.”
      I can't imagine why they have an issue with women. Can't even fathom it.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Gerrymandering at its finest.
        http://m.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wo...s/?tid=HP_more
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          Why do you think old Tories like McCain want to send troops to Nigeria?! Show how much they care about women.

That's why they want to send troops, right?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            Looks as if the government is getting ready to raid a few more farms. To all those agriculturally involved, be prepared. http://www.prisonplanet.com/usda-to-...hine-guns.html
            Math nerds help me out.

When you quote Alex Jones as a source, is that stupidity of a mathematical or geometric progression?

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
              Math nerds help me out.

When you quote Alex Jones as a source, is that stupidity of a mathematical or geometric progression?
              I believe the answer you are looking for is "Yes".
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Why is Nigeria suddenly important to us? I'm pretty sure 1000s of girls have been kidnapped prior to this and no one here gave a sh*t.

Hashtag diplomacy fail!

After Tommy Vietor was eviscerated by Brett Baier, I wondered aloud if there was anyone in the administration who had not recently finished high school. Apparently, I'm not alone in my thinking.

Are these people really the best and the brightest?

We have seen the fruit of this leadership. And so has the rest of the world. Ignore the manifold policy failures that have been covered so well by others -- or at least the non-besotted media. Just focus on the imagery.

Was there any diplomatic step taken by any leader, anywhere as juvenile as the red reset button? The button itself was stolen from a hotel pool or Jacuzzi – I wonder which hapless janitor got blamed for that heist. That might be worthy of a giggly college prank (I hope the statute of limitations is past for my own hijinks) but is it statesmanship, does it show maturity? To add insult to injury, America was mocked for not even getting the translation right. Smart power, indeed.

There are two Poster People that display the juvenile nature of the Obama presidency: Pajama Boy and animated Julia. Really, is this the best an American President can do? Uncle Sam would be shedding a tear for what America has spiraled down to.
                Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  An Oldie but a Goodie. "What difference. . .does it make?"
                  2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

You'd have a different perspective if Bush was still in the WH.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                      Hashtag diplomacy fail!

After Tommy Vietor was eviscerated by Brett Baier, I wondered aloud if there was anyone in the administration who had not recently finished high school. Apparently, I'm not alone in my thinking.
                      But, but, but the cinnamon in Pajama Boy's cocoa was "deelish."

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                        Hashtag diplomacy fail!

Solid source. What's next, National Lampoon?

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                          You'd have a different perspective if Bush was still in the WH.
                          No, I'm pretty sure most people would still be against invading Nigeria. They do have oil, so the Tories would probably already have boots on the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                            No, I'm pretty sure most people would still be against invading Nigeria. They do have oil, so the Tories would probably already have boots on the ground.
                            Maybe. Generally libs favor military action in which the United States has zero strategic interest, like Somalia. The trouble is, all you would be military experts, who claim to be so nuanced in other matters, lose your perspective when it comes to the application of military force. The phrase "boots on the ground" or the word "invasion" is one you utilize with little *******s sitting around the campfire, designed to scare them. But not really applicable here. It may be a very limited special ops mission might be appropriate if we had excellent intelligence. An analogue might be the raid on Entebbe. Risky? Certainly. But potentially worth it.
                            Last edited by Old Pio; 05-15-2014, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              I always liked the one in Chicago that connected two areas several miles apart by including a highway median.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                I always liked the one in Chicago that connected two areas several miles apart by including a highway median.
                                Arizona has always appealed to me. The 4th was one of the more gerrymandered districts, but the whole state kills me. The state has 9 districts (I think). One district is a little pocket in the southeast corner bordering NM and Mexico. All of the other 8 districts include some portion of the Phoenix area. The 1st (where I lived for a couple of years) is my personal favorite, even though it's shape looks less ridiculous than the 4th.

Comment

Working...
                                X