X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2nd Term Part VIII - The Thin Red Line

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
    Just curious, what is the threshold of American deaths on the watch of this cheap suit that will get your attention? It was a diplomatic outpost. Sovereign American territory. But Richard M. Obama had a grueling fund raiser to prepare for. And an election to win. Gotta have priorities. "Just win, baby."
    I rest my case, Lindsey.

Check out the timeline of attacks on embassies and consulate compounds during Bush's tenure that received no similar fine-toothed-combing from Fox.
    1. Jan. 22, 2002: Harkat-ul-Jihad al-Islami Attacks Indian U.S. Consulate

Five policemen were killed and 16 injured in the eastern Indian city of Calcutta because of an attack on the U.S. consulate by militant group Harkat-ul-Jihad al-Islami. American employees including the consul-general in Calcutta, Christopher Sandrolini, were unscathed, and those injured and killed were all Indians.
    2. June 14, 2002: Suicide Car-Bomb Outside U.S. Consulate in Karachi

Twelve people died in an attack outside the U.S. consulate in Karachi when militants exploded a car bomb. A Taliban splinter group referred to as Al-Qanoon, or "The Law," claimed responsibility for the attacks that also injured 51 people. Two hired guards, a Marine, and five Pakistani staff members were among the injured in the attack that followed then Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld's visit to the country.
    3. Oct. 12, 2002: String Of Bali Bombings Included U.S. Consulate

The U.S. consulate in Indonesia was attacked as part of the 'Bali bombings' on a devastating October night. While there were no fatalities at the consulate, seven Americans were among the 202 dead at the coordinated blasts inside a bar and outside a nightclub.
    4. Feb. 28, 2003: Consulate in Karachi, Pakistan, Attacked For the Second Time in One Year

Gunmen rode up on a motorbike to the U.S. consulate's security checkpoints and rained gunfire killing two Pakistani police officers. One gunman arrested by paramilitary officers was found to have several rounds of ammunition prepared for what could have been a far more devastating attack.
    5. May 12, 2003: 36 People Including 9 Americans Die After Terrorists Storm U.S. Compound in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

The State Department had warned of a potential strike against the Saudi days before gunmen infiltrated the Al Hamra Oasis Village and two others killing 36 people and wounding 160. This was the most devastating attack on a State Department employees to occur under Bush. The Saudi government cracked down on terrorists group but that did not prevent another attack to occur a year later in Jeddah.
    6. July 30, 2004: Islamist Attacks U.S. Embassy in Tashkent, Uzbekistan

Two Uzbek security guards died in a bombing on the U.S. embassy in Tashkent days. Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan claimed responsibility of the bombing after 15 alleged Islamist militants went on trial.
    7. Dec. 6, 2004: Five Staff and Four Security Guards Die in U.S. consulate attack in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia

Gunmen fought their way into the complex, reportedly taking 18 staff and visa applicants hostage for a short time before Saudi security forces stormed the building. The final dead counted four security guards, five staff, and three attackers. No Americans were among the dead.
    8. March 2, 2006: Third Attack on Karachi U.S. Consulate Killed U.S. Diplomat

U.S. Diplomat David Foy was specifically targeted in the third attack in as many years on the Karachi consulate compound. He was one of four people killed. The bomb occurred two days before President Bush was to visit Pakistan and also targeted the Marriot hotel in an upscale neighborhood of Karachi.

This was a planned and coordinated attack that nobody covered as more than a news item.
    9. Sept. 12, 2006: Four Gunmen Stormed the U.S. compound in Damascus, Syria

Gunmen yelling "Allahu akbar " - "God is great" - fired on Syrian security officers guarding the U.S. embassy. The gunmen used grenades, automatic weapons, car bombs, and a truck bomb and killed four people and wounded 13 others. Condoleezza Rice, then Secretary of State praised the Syrians that defended the U.S. employees: "the Syrians reacted to this attack in a way that helped to secure our people, and we very much appreciate that."
    10. Jan. 12, 2007: Greek Terrorists Fired a Rocket-Propelled Grenade at the U.S. Embassy

An antitank grenade was fired into the empty consulate building by leftist terrorist group Revolutionary Struggle angry at American foreign policy. Even though nobody was in the building at the time the attack was a blatant breach of security and showed enormous security loopholes.
    11. March 18, 2008: A Mortar is Fired at the U.S. Embassy in Sana’a, Yemen

Similar to the Greek attack, a mortar was fired at the U.S. embassy building killing 19 people and injuring 16. This was the second attempt at a similar mortar attack on the embassy. The first one missed the embassy and hit a girls' school next door.
    12. July 9, 2008: Three Turkish Policemen were Killed When Gunman Fired on the U.S. Consulate Istanbul, Turkey

Four attackers drove up to the high-walled compound of the U.S. Consulate and started shooting the security guards. The gun battle took the lives of three of the attackers but the fourth one drove off. No Americans were injured or killed.
    13. Sept. 17, 2008: 16 People Including 2 Americans Die in an Orchestrated Attack on the U.S. Embassy Sana’a, Yemen

An arsenal of weapons including rocket-propelled grenades and two car bombs were involved in the second attack on the embassy in seven months. Eighteen-year-old American Susan El-Baneh and her husband of three weeks died holding hands.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

If a knuckledragger cries Ben Gazi!!!! in the woods, and nobody is around to hear it but Fox News, does it make a sound?

Sooo.....somebody using a CIA memo to go on a talk show and discuss a recent event = a criminal offense? Umm....when do we start handing out indictments for "we'll be greeted as liberators" then?

If you think Opie's bad now, wait until Hillary becomes Prez...
      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
        If a knuckledragger cries Ben Gazi!!!! in the woods, and nobody is around to hear it but Fox News, does it make a sound?

Sooo.....somebody using a CIA memo to go on a talk show and discuss a recent event = a criminal offense? Umm....when do we start handing out indictments for "we'll be greeted as liberators" then?

If you think Opie's bad now, wait until Hillary becomes Prez...
        Or Liarwatha. I hope they both run, and we get a catfight at the convention.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
          You couldn't pull the stick out of your *** with a tractor, lighten up francis
          Do you go to the bathroom for him too, Tanner?

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            I rest my case, Lindsey.
            Bush wasn't president on September 11, 2012. And how do his misfeasances, malfeasances and nonfeasances excuse Richard M. Obama's anyway? Did any of the events you listed involve the murder of an ambassador? And did any of them result in serial lying from the top of the administration to the bottom? In the words of your hero "what difference. . .does it make?"

You said 4 deaths of diplomats really didn't register on your radar. And your response to my inquiring about how many deaths would register on your radar, was to point out other outrages under another president. Although the vast majority of the deaths were of local nationals, not US diplomats. The question remains: when, exactly, is this cheap suit with the national security secret transcripts, going to accept responsibility for what happens on his watch? Is he ever going to accept responsibility?

Once again, for the dain brammaged special ed students in the back, sexting to one another fully clothed: I don't watch Fox. It's a convenient substitute for, you know, thinking, to assert that anyone who doesn't worship at the First Church of Obama is a Fox lover. But at least in my case, it isn't true. I don't expect that truth will alter your childish japing, but I just wanted to put it on the record, again. You may resume sniffing Richard M. Obama's bicycle seat now.
            Last edited by Old Pio; 05-05-2014, 06:24 PM.
            2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Bush wasn't president on September 11, 2012. And how do his misfeasances, malfeasances and nonfeasances excuse Richard M. Obama's anyway? Did any of the events you listed involve the murder of an ambassador? And did any of them result in serial lying from the top of the administration to the bottom? In the words of your hero "what difference. . .does it make?"

You said 4 deaths of diplomats really didn't register on your radar. And your response to my inquiring about how many deaths would register on your radar, was to point out other outrages under another president. Although the vast majority of the deaths were of local nationals, not US diplomats. The question remains: when, exactly, is this cheap suit with the national security secret transcripts, going to accept responsibility for what happens on his watch? Is he ever going to accept responsibility?

Once again, for the dain brammaged special ed students in the back, sexting to one another fully clothed: I don't watch Fox. It's a convenient substitute for, you know, thinking, to assert that anyone who doesn't worship at the First Church of Obama is a Fox lover. But at least in my case, it isn't true. I don't expect that truth will alter your childish japing, but I just wanted to put it on the record, again. You may resume sniffing Richard M. Obama's bicycle seat now.
              I probably haven't bothered to read enough on the subject, but how, exactly, did either Obama or Hillary cause the death of those killed in Benghazi?
              Last edited by burd; 05-05-2014, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                I probably haven't bothered to read enough on the subject, but how, exactly, did either Obama or Hillary cause the death of those killed in Benghazi?
                I didn't say, nor imply nor do I believe they "caused" the deaths of the diplomats. Perhaps you should just reread my posts, since you're evidently getting interfering messages on your tinfoil hat. But as President and SecState they are the ones charged with keeping our diplomats safe (certainly not the UN ambassador). And if requests for additional security were ignored. And if military assets weren't available once the attacks started. And if no effort was made to relieve that installation despite the fact that the attacks took place over 8 hours who is responsible? The White House pastry chef? What Oblahblah and that over rated wench are responsible for is lying, dissembling and spinning this sad event in the cause of politics ("what difference. . .does it make?"). The added bonus for Oblahblah of course was the opportunity to kiss a little Islamist a*s (six references to a video he knew had nothing to do with the attacks in a cringe inducing speech before the UN).
                Last edited by Old Pio; 05-05-2014, 10:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
                  I can only imagine the reply was reasoned, sane and respectful.

Comment

I didn't say, nor imply nor do I believe they "caused" the deaths of the diplomats. Perhaps you should just reread my posts, since you're evidently getting interfering messages on your tinfoil hat. But as President and SecState they are the ones charged with keeping our diplomats safe (certainly not the UN ambassador). And if requests for additional security were ignored. And if military assets weren't available once the attacks started. And if no effort was made to relieve that installation despite the fact that the attacks took place over 8 hours who is responsible? The White House pastry chef? What Oblahblah and that over rated wench are responsible for is lying, dissembling and spinning this sad event in the cause of politics ("what difference. . .does it make?"). The added bonus for Oblahblah of course was the opportunity to kiss a little Islamist a*s (six references to a video he knew had nothing to do with the attacks in a cringe inducing speech before the UN).
                    I guess if the case is weak you can always dial up the invective.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                      I guess if the case is weak you can always dial up the invective.
                      Nothing to see here. Move along, strawman.
                      Last edited by Old Pio; 05-05-2014, 10:45 PM.

Comment

I like it how Opie will spew crackpot knuckledragger theories....but then justify it by saying "I don't watch Fox". He doesn't watch Fox because they aren't lunatic fringe enough for his tastes, and that's saying something!

Opie reminds me of the people who think Clinton had his dog whacked by that car (which was never found....hmmmmm) before it had a chance to testify against him.

So, what's the facts? Militants used the video as a cover to launch an attack. Given that similar attackes were happening elsewhere, the CIA who's outpost Benghazi was deemed it to have the same cause as the other attacks. Susan Rice repeated this on a talk show but later on and BEFORE the election Obama called it terrorism. Also, requests to increase security were both not heeded by the State Department, an error they freely acknowledge, and increasing funding was denied by the GOP Congress...and error they freely refuse to own up to. Lastly, GOP Armed Services Committee Chairman Buck McKeon just humiliated fellow Republican Darrel Issa last week and debunked the story that resources could have been deployed in time to save anybody. A rare intraparty rebuke that frankly I've never seen before.

But, anything that keeps the increasingly aged Fox Cable viewers (average age 69 and climbing every year) off the streets is fine by me! Anybody who's gotten stuck behind an old person in line arguing with the cashier about being charged 5 extra cents knows what I'm talking about....
                        Last edited by Rover; 05-06-2014, 10:56 AM.

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

You lost the argument.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                            I like it how Opie will spew crackpot knuckledragger theories....but then justify it by saying "I don't watch Fox". He doesn't watch Fox because they aren't lunatic fringe enough for his tastes, and that's saying something!

Opie reminds me of the people who think Clinton had his dog whacked by that car (which was never found....hmmmmm) before it had a chance to testify against him.

So, what's the facts? Militants used the video as a cover to launch an attack. Given that similar attackes were happening elsewhere, the CIA who's outpost Benghazi was deemed it to have the same cause as the other attacks. Susan Rice repeated this on a talk show but later on and BEFORE the election Obama called it terrorism. Also, requests to increase security were both not heeded by the State Department, an error they freely acknowledge, and increasing funding was denied by the GOP Congress...and error they freely refuse to own up to. Lastly, GOP Armed Services Committee Chairman Buck McKeon just humiliated fellow Republican Darrel Issa last week and debunked the story that resources could have been deployed in time to save anybody. A rare intraparty rebuke that frankly I've never seen before.

But, anything that keeps the increasingly aged Fox Cable viewers (average age 69 and climbing every year) off the streets is fine by me! Anybody who's gotten stuck behind an old person in line arguing with the cashier about being charged 5 extra cents knows what I'm talking about....
                            More of your "historical facts?" It is a lie to assert militants "used the video as a cover launch an attack." But you and this administration do so much lying you've probably lost the ability to differentiate fact from fiction. "Never happened, GI."
                            Last edited by Old Pio; 05-06-2014, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              You lost the argument.
                              Crushing. And to a person of your obvious intellectual gifts, too. So much easier than answering the question, isn't it?

Comment

More of your "historical facts?" It is a lie to assert militants "used the video as a cover launch an attack." But you and this administration do so much lying you've probably lost the ability to differentiate fact from fiction. "Never happened, GI."
                                Sorta like how the Dems lost Congress because they voted against the Gulf War. Don't you hate it when people use your own tactics against you? That never happens on those radio programs you listen to....

Its perfectly reasonable for people to give their take of what happened based on what's known at the time, and then correct it days later when presented with better information. For example, you thought Mittens was going to be the next President, and started getting a little smug out here. Presumably after you got better info (like the election returns came in) you revised your initial assumption. (or maybe not in your case )

Comment

Working...
                                X