X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2nd Term Part VIII - The Thin Red Line

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    It isn't just that GWB did it, but when he did it you didn't hear the OUTRAGE that is out there today. The Tories sure as hell wouldn't criticize Fearless Leader and liberals knew GWB wasn't saying he was a dictator and the government belonged to him. Clinton also called it "my government" from time to time and even though they hated him with a passion the right wing loons didn't go nuts over it. Now they are. Why is that you suppose?
    There wasn't anything GWB did that didn't generate outrage around here. This place has never shown a fraction of the outrage toward Obama that went on during the Bush years. No matter what Bush did, people went nuts around here. Hadn't seen that toward any president before or since.
    Originally posted by Priceless
    Good to see you're so reasonable.
    Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
    Very well, said.
    Originally posted by Rover
    A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
      There wasn't anything GWB did that didn't generate outrage around here. This place has never shown a fraction of the outrage toward Obama that went on during the Bush years. No matter what Bush did, people went nuts around here. Hadn't seen that toward any president before or since.

A William Jefferson Clinton is on line 1...

Comment

It's always outrage when directed at one's own party and it's appropriate criticism when directed at the others. It allows one to be hypocritical without the guilt.
        "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
        Groucho Marx
        "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
        Ron White
        "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
        Milo Bloom

Comment

It never ceases to amaze me how we have the time and money to pass laws but we have no time and money to enforce them.

http://www.nbcnews.com/video/ronan-f...23108#55323108

There is NO EXCUSE for having a rape kit backlog. NONE. The women's story in Memphis (see video) is inexcusable.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Is this really a surprise though?

Look at this thread:
            board.uscho.com/showthread.php?98529-What-is-your-political-stance

Of the 47 respondants, 28 were at least leaning left. The vast majority were also libertarians.

Among those on the right, there was a total of what? Six or seven that regularly post in the politics threads?
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              Is this really a surprise though?

Look at this thread:
              board.uscho.com/showthread.php?98529-What-is-your-political-stance

Of the 47 respondants, 28 were at least leaning left. The vast majority were also libertarians.

Among those on the right, there was a total of what? Six or seven that regularly post in the politics threads?
              I'd been meaning to ask that again.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                It never ceases to amaze me how we have the time and money to pass laws but we have no time and money to enforce them.

http://www.nbcnews.com/video/ronan-f...23108#55323108

There is NO EXCUSE for having a rape kit backlog. NONE. The women's story in Memphis (see video) is inexcusable.
                You must despise how Obama openly and regularly says he's not going to enforce various laws.
                Very well, said.
                A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

So I can expect these same people to go absolutely bonkers the next time a Tory is POTUS.
                  Yep. I want three equal branches of the government.
                  The more the government runs by Executive Orders, the easier it is to take a final leap into a despot, benevolent or not.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

I'd been meaning to ask that again.
                    I knew I had the spreadsheet with the graph saved on my HDD somewhere. I just couldn't find it at first.

I'd be curious to find out if there's an updated version and whether anyone's (or even the average poster's) views have changed.
                    Code:
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      I knew I had the spreadsheet with the graph saved on my HDD somewhere. I just couldn't find it at first.

I'd be curious to find out if there's an updated version and whether anyone's (or even the average poster's) views have changed.
                      I still have the graph. Maybe I'll start a thread and compare the results.

Comment

I still have the graph. Maybe I'll start a thread and compare the results.
                        Do you remember which posters had the "fake" results? I remember aparch (or was it ameherstblackbear?) tried to see if (s)he could get a certain score but later flagged it as such.
                        Code:

Comment

You must despise how Obama openly and regularly says he's not going to enforce various laws.
                          Yes, I do. The Congress should get them off the books. Clean the **** up.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Taxes?
                            Immigration?
                            Environment?
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

But I think he doesn't enforce them because he doesn't like the laws, but Congress, for whatever reason, chooses to not get rid of them.
                              Very well, said.
                              A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

But I think he doesn't enforce them because he doesn't like the laws, but Congress, for whatever reason, chooses to not get rid of them.
                                So, we're not enforcing rape law because we don't like it? Oh, yeah, I forgot. The Women's body has ways to just shut that **** down.

Comment

Working...
                                X