Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yale Bulldogs 2014 off season. Looking forward!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yale Bulldogs 2014 off season. Looking forward!

Kenny Agostino scored his first NHL goal tonight for Calgary, congrats to Ken!
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by yalehockeyfan View Post
      I know it's obvious, but this is a joke.

Some things that must change:
      we cannot play more than 1 "non-conference" game against an ECAC team. If that is Harvard as MSG so be it. But you must get rid of any others.
      Allain doesn't confide in me (or to anybody as far as I can see) but I strongly suspect that the late starting time of the Ivy League is behind the early Ivy scheduling. Even the "new" Liberty format starts with an intraIvy matchup before taking on a HE team. The problem is that if you start with a non-Ivy team, you're starting against a team that's already played four or five games. No one is a bigger advocate of ramping up the schedule than me, but I think I agree with Keith (if I'm correct on his reasoning) that those games have to come in November/January, not in October.... unless the Ivy presidents relent on season start time. Just to be clear: ramping up scheduling only works if you win. Putting yourself behind with a first game loss when the other team is ready and you aren't is even worse for PWR. I should add that I was one of the very few at this year's opening Yale-Brown match and I can absolutely tell you the Elis weren't ready to play D1 hockey. Not even close.

As far as MSG against Harvard goes, I was stunned by the success of the first one. If they can consistently draw that many, PWR will take a backseat to BAR (Bank Account Rankings)
      Last edited by goblue78; 04-05-2014, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Well lets enjoy the last five hours as the National Champions and hope that Union can continue to carry the NCAA Championship trophy for the ECAC. It was a great pleasure talking to some fans of other teams at the frozen four this year, especially about last years run. It's amazing how much more pleasant folks are when not behind an internet keyboard. Having a few beers while waiting for your team to play in a national semifinal may have improved the mood as well. Should be a great game!
        YALE HOCKEY
        2013 National Champions

Comment

E! C! A! C!

Congrats to Union for keeping the championship in-house.

Comment

Originally posted by goblue78 View Post
            E! C! A! C!

Congrats to Union for keeping the championship in-house.
            Two years in a row that Minnesota is eliminated by an ECAC team.

Comment

Frozen Holiday Classic announced
              by Ryan Fay

The Union men's hockey team will play in the inaugural Frozen Holiday Classic, Harbor Yard Sports and Entertainment announced Monday.

The four team tournament will take place at the Webster Bank Arena in Bridgeport, Conn on Dec. 27-28. The other three teams scheduled to compete are Quinnipiac, Connecticut and Sacred Heart.

Union's involvement appears to be a one-year deal. Yale will replace Union in 2015, making the tournament an all-Connecticut affair.

The Most Valuable Player of the Frozen Holiday Classic will be awarded the Tim Taylor Trophy. Taylor coached at Yale for 28 seasons before retiring in 2006 with a school record 337 wins. He passed away in 2013 at the age of 71.
              YALE HOCKEY
              2013 National Champions

Comment

Jesse root has been released from his ATO with the Bridgeport Sound Tigers. Second hand news was so he could graduate and make room for NHL players who need ice time.
                YALE HOCKEY
                2013 National Champions

Comment

Tommy Fallen voted Yale captain

http://nhrcollegehockey.blogspot.com...e-captain.html

Comment

Congrats to Tommy!
                    YALE HOCKEY
                    2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bulldog10jw View Post
                      great to hear. Both Tommy and Stu Wilson were Assistant Captains here in Cedar Rapids

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                        Pittsburgh native Jesse root has been released from his ATO with the Bridgeport Sound Tigers. Second hand news was so he could graduate and make room for NHL players who need ice time.
                        fyp

Comment

Originally posted by blackbear80 View Post
                          fyp
                          How could I forget! Still trying to figure out what a Connecticut River goal is? Not sure why the announcer called it that when Miller scored in the final last year.
                          YALE HOCKEY
                          2013 National Champions

Comment

Yale's incoming freshman class, http://www.nhregister.com/sports/201...peed-over-size
                            YALE HOCKEY
                            2013 National Champions

Comment

Nice award for incoming recruit Nate Repensky, hope he heals well over the summer. http://www.usahockey.com/news_articl...rrer_id=752796
                              YALE HOCKEY
                              2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                                Nice award for incoming recruit Nate Repensky, hope he heals well over the summer. http://www.usahockey.com/news_articl...rrer_id=752796
                                He missed 21 games due to injury in 2012-2013, also.

Let's hope he has put the injury bug behind him.

Comment

Working...
                                X