Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NMU Offseason Thread - 2014 Edition

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
    The series was contracted prior to UAH joining the league.
    Davy, why couldn't the teams just have mutually agreed to back out of the series in time to schedule other non-conference tilts? This seems kind of a silly setup for both parties, why use up a non-conference weekend on a league opponent, when it wont count for the league standings??

Comment

Originally posted by AnchorsAway View Post
      Davy, why couldn't the teams just have mutually agreed to back out of the series in time to schedule other non-conference tilts? This seems kind of a silly setup for both parties, why use up a non-conference weekend on a league opponent, when it wont count for the league standings??
      Two home dates. It was a one series deal. When the WCHA took that away last year, it was very costly. It's a one for none home series with no return trip and expense necessary. Why not keep it? Why forego that revenue?
      Last edited by davyd83; 04-20-2014, 04:52 PM.
      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Two home dates. It was a one series deal. When the WCHA took that away last year, it was very costly. It's a one for none home series with no return trip and expense necessary. Why not keep it? Why forego that revenue?
        Seems reasonable. I know that there was talk between Tech, LSSU and NMU to add a non conference series to make sure all three teams played four games against one another for a "Yooper Cup" type series.

Comment

Right on, that makes perfect sense, I didn't think of it like that, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by AnchorsAway View Post
            Right on, that makes perfect sense, I didn't think of it like that, thanks!
            Because of the scheduled non conference series, NMU would have preferred that it be left alone and to play at UAH in conference play. But the WCHA didn't grant that and the team was scheduled to play another opponent on the weekend originally meant for UAH at NMU.
            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Dammit Florek. What a great way to get your first playoff goal... But I wanted the Wings to win.

Good for him though. He's progressed well, and will be in the NHL for a long time if he keeps playing like this.
              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I see that NMU has a new president, Fritz Erickson. He's been at Ferris and MTU among other places and has a bachelor's degree from WMU. Is he a college hockey fan and will he be a strong advocate of NMU hockey? Curious...
                NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Originally posted by aygwm2 View Post
                  I see that NMU has a new president, Fritz Erickson. He's been at Ferris and MTU among other places and has a bachelor's degree from WMU. Is he a college hockey fan and will he be a strong advocate of NMU hockey? Curious...
                  I don't think he's gonna hurt athletics... Not gonna go out of his way to make them flourish, but not gonna totally disregard them either... At least that's what I read into the situation...
                  It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Baker and Kesti Named NMU Hockey Co-Captains For 2014-15.

http://www.nmuwildcats.com/sports/mi...20140424rkqkwd
                    LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                      Baker and Kesti Named NMU Hockey Co-Captains For 2014-15.

http://www.nmuwildcats.com/sports/mi...20140424rkqkwd
                      Solid choices.

Comment

Your man Gustafsson just scored to make it 3-0 Flyers in Game 6.

Comment

All quiet in MQT regarding the hockey program?

Saw MTU is trying to drum up interest by offering a (pretty significant) discount on season tickets.

And on NMU's end: No ticket push. No fundraising efforts (ie: video board talk). Not even the schedule release. Nothing.
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                            All quiet in MQT regarding the hockey program?

Saw MTU is trying to drum up interest by offering a (pretty significant) discount on season tickets.

And on NMU's end: No ticket push. No fundraising efforts (ie: video board talk). Not even the schedule release. Nothing.
                            I'm also suprised by how quiet things have been with NMU hockey.
                            LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/2...demotivatj.jpg
                              bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

I suppose I could riff a list of things that I care as little about as another Pink Pony post. Let's see... low carb diets, Michael Moore, the Republican National Convention, Kabbalah & all Kabbalah-related products, Hi-Def TV, the Bush daughters, wireless hotspots, the OC, the UN, recycling, getting Punk'd, Danny Gans, the Latin Grammys, the real Grammys, Jeff that Wiggle that sleeps too darn much, the Yankees payroll, all the red states, all the blue states, every hybrid car, every talk show, everything on the planet, everything in the solar system, everything, everything, everything, everything, everything, everythingj every-everything that exists past present & future, in discovered and undiscovered dimensions!

[turns away, then turns back]

Oh, and Hugh Jackman.
                                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Working...
                                X