X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LSSU Lakers 2014 off season thread

Originally posted by Bill View Post
    I think Roque currently was making somewhere in the low 80s.
    If that figure is close to correct then yes, they won't attract the quality they want.
    That figure is what a lot of ECHL guys are getting.
    IMHO $125 will still get quality applicants.
    Well that and a commitment for other institutional support.

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
      If that figure is close to correct then yes, they won't attract the quality they want.
      That figure is what a lot of ECHL guys are getting.
      IMHO $125 will still get quality applicants.
      Well that and a commitment for other institutional support.
      That may be, but Ron Mason, Rick Comley, and Jeff Jackson weren't making big bucks when they started their head coaching careers at LSSU. For those with higher ambitions, it can be looked at as a stepping stone position.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
        That may be, but Ron Mason, Rick Comley, and Jeff Jackson weren't making big bucks when they started their head coaching careers at LSSU. For those with higher ambitions, it can be looked at as a stepping stone position.
        Agreed 1000%
        And at many other not top tier schools there are very similar examples.
        Couldn't agree with you more.
        With incentives Thomas will be at $170,000 this year.
        Think we can keep him at the end of his contract?
        I hope so but doubt it.

Comment

A friend of mine said I should check out the USCHO Fan Forum and boy was he right, it's a hoot. Gloom & Doom on the horizon? Program shutting down? 15 different salary numbers for the head coach? It really is comical to read some of this stuff. Let me clear up a couple of things:

gfmorris - To save you a bit of time, you will not find the Athletics budget on the web. For financial statement purposes, Athletics is combined with all other auxiliaries for reporting on the CAFR and Michigan law only requires online display of General Fund salaries and Budgets for the Budget & Performance Transparency Reporting.

To everyone else: If you don't have a clue what is going on, don't post junk on the internet with regard to what your "sources" did or did not say. It makes the University look bad and ultimately does none of us any good, including Laker Hockey. If you have a question or concern, ask the appropriate office at LSSU before you make un-substantiated remarks. Rarely will you not get an answer to your question. All of the VPs contact information is on the web. Let them know your concerns, because with out that information being relayed to them, they may make a lesser-informed decision.

Comment

Mel Pearson's contract.
            http://www.techhockeyguide.com/2011/...ract-revealed/
            Originally posted by SCSU Euro
            What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

It's official.

http://www.uscho.com/2014/03/11/roqu...r-state-coach/

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                Bring back Ron Mason
                Ron Mason would be awesome!

Comment

Ron Rolston is available.

NMU and Tech would not enjoy playing his teams 4 times a year.

Comment

Originally posted by laker_one View Post
                    http://lssulakers.com/sports/m-hocke...oque_dismissal

WTG Kris Dunbar. You have won some respect from me.

Perhaps missing the playoffs was a blessing in disguise. I think Roque would of be coming back had Lakers made the playoffs.
                    LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                      http://lssulakers.com/sports/m-hocke...oque_dismissal

WTG Kris Dunbar. You have won some respect from me.

Perhaps missing the playoffs was a blessing in disguise. I think Roque would of be coming back had Lakers made the playoffs.
                      Are you effing kidding me?! Dunbar is the PROBLEM, not the solution. If you think what she's done is a good thing, you are sadly mistaken.
                      http://livingwithinsects.files.wordp.../midge-001.png

Comment

A long overdue decision...it is time to now move forward. I sincerely hope that they the A.D. takes the appropriate time and forms a search committee to properly vet candidates and not rush into a hasty decision...that is how we ended up with Roque in the first place. To all the nay sayers, there are plenty of solid Junior A , D-III coaches and assistant D-1 coaches who would love a stab at leading a D-1 program....even for less money!

Comment

Originally posted by michiganmidge View Post
                          Are you effing kidding me?! Dunbar is the PROBLEM, not the solution. If you think what she's done is a good thing, you are sadly mistaken.
                          If you think Dunbar is the problem, start a campaign to get her fired. Start a Fire Dunbar group on Facebook.
                          Last edited by LSSULaker889294; 03-11-2014, 10:16 PM.
                          LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by jnacc View Post
                            A long overdue decision...it is time to now move forward. I sincerely hope that they the A.D. takes the appropriate time and forms a search committee to properly vet candidates and not rush into a hasty decision...that is how we ended up with Roque in the first place. To all the nay sayers, there are plenty of solid Junior A , D-III coaches and assistant D-1 coaches who would love a stab at leading a D-1 program....even for less money!
                            IMHO I believe you are correct.

Comment

Originally posted by CKrouth View Post
                              gfmorris - To save you a bit of time, you will not find the Athletics budget on the web. For financial statement purposes, Athletics is combined with all other auxiliaries for reporting on the CAFR and Michigan law only requires online display of General Fund salaries and Budgets for the Budget & Performance Transparency Reporting.
                              Thanks.

I look forward to the press conference, although some on Twitter doubt that there will be one.

GFM
                              Geof F. Morris
                              UAH BSE MAE 2002
                              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by CKrouth View Post
                                A friend of mine said I should check out the USCHO Fan Forum and boy was he right, it's a hoot. Gloom & Doom on the horizon? Program shutting down? 15 different salary numbers for the head coach? It really is comical to read some of this stuff. Let me clear up a couple of things:

To everyone else: If you don't have a clue what is going on, don't post junk on the internet with regard to what your "sources" did or did not say. It makes the University look bad and ultimately does none of us any good, including Laker Hockey. If you have a question or concern, ask the appropriate office at LSSU before you make un-substantiated remarks. Rarely will you not get an answer to your question. All of the VPs contact information is on the web. Let them know your concerns, because with out that information being relayed to them, they may make a lesser-informed decision.
                                Oh suuure...things are fine with the program CKrouth...please don't stick your head in the sand or come on here and imply that you are someone with a clue....programs in trouble, can't hide it anymore. Despite moving to a "lower rung" conference, costs are actually up and revenue is way down and there is a financial crunch. The program has at least taken a step in the right direction today but it is imperative that the powers that be do not mess this up! The right candidate must be found and hired. We as fans, for our part as well, must if the administration does this right, move forward with the team and expect a bumpy ride but have a team that will not only show promise but actually fulfill it....something Roque was never able to do despite having the necessary talent to do so.

Comment

Working...
                                X