Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Spring Break AA/EL 2014!!! MSU-Michigan 3/7-8

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
    Will Munn let me bring my trumpet in? That would be awesome!
    Just don't play The Saints.

I'm reminded that during my visit to the Preservation Hall in NOLA a couple Christmases ago, we noticed a sign behind the band reading:
    Requests - - - $5
    Special Requests - - - $10
    The Saints - - - $20

The $'s are from my sometimes faulty memory - but I guess we can sort of apply a $ rule by saying you get fined $20 for playing that other dreadful piece y'all are so fond of.

Comment

Oh yeah!? Well... we knocked you guys out of the women's BTT tonight, so THERE! HA! ha... ha

Might as well pack up and prepare for St. Paul, all we're playing for now is last change in the 4/5 game.
      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Andrew Sinelli.

That is all.
        ---
        National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
        Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
        19 Conference Championships
        10 Conference Tournament Championships
        2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Re: Spring Break AA/EL 2014!!! MSU-UM 3/7-8

Ya know, state, if you played a little better it wouldn't end up that bad. Just sayn

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
            Ya know, state, if you played a little better it wouldn't end up that bad. Just sayn
            You may be onto something. I'll pass a note down the aisle and see if it gets to the bench.

Uh ... nice game??

Yes - the cathartic moment was former Spartan recruit Andrew Sinelli netting season goals #2, #3 and #4 in one early March night against the program that once jilted him. Somewhere, a shunned billy goat is waiting to be revealed.

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
              You may be onto something. I'll pass a note down the aisle and see if it gets to the bench.

Uh ... nice game??

Yes - the cathartic moment was former Spartan recruit Andrew Sinelli netting season goals #2, #3 and #4 in one early March night against the program that once jilted him. Somewhere, a shunned billy goat is waiting to be revealed.
              The game was really close in the first- State had a ton of chances- out shooting us 11-6- I thought there were a lot of good chances.

But the ice seemed to slant a little in the 2nd. Ok, a lot. And it just stayed that way. State was clearly frustrated for the last 10 min of the game- the one time they put a huge effort into dominating the play (big checks, speed, movement) the score even went to Michigan.

It would have been nice to put up a Pizza against you guys, I can't remember the last time we did that to State.

Comment

I was in the north end zone tonight and tried to get a "We eat pizza" chant going but it fell on deaf ears....
                Originally posted by alfablue
                Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                  I was in the north end zone tonight and tried to get a "We eat pizza" chant going but it fell on deaf ears....
                  Just like the guy who started the " just like roundball" chant.

I like Andy Sinelli- hard working guy who got his shot in the lineup on the blueline and is taking advantage of it. He has scored 3 of his career (7) goals against MSU. The others: RIT, OSU, WMU, Minnesota

Can't keep those Dexter kids down.
                  Last edited by streaker; 03-08-2014, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post

Uh ... nice game??

And they listened to you, darn it. Heck of a second and third period- really pulled it together, again, after the goalie swap.

amazing what a rivalry brings out in teams.

Comment

After the first five minutes I was wondering if Anastos should even be behind the bench next year. It was looking like a second straight dud performance at home against an arch rival, and like he was unable to motivate his team after getting shellacked the night before.

Now I'm wondering if Yanakeff needs to be the guy for the rest of the year. There have been hints of Hildy losing an edge, whether it's teams figuring him out or just fatigue from getting overplayed.

Tonight we saw MSU at its best and worst. We saw a team that would probably get swept by PSU, and we saw a team that has the capability to make a run in St. Paul. It would be nice if we weren't still having those issues this late in the season, but if they need this type of game to go on an upswing then fine by me.
                      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

I think a key stat was UM 0-4 on the power play while MSU went 1-1. That's a case of drawing to the inside straight; not the kind of thing you can count on night-in and night-out.

Given that Michigan had outscored us 13-2 over a 5 period stretch I think it is understandable if they got a little too comfortable, but I don't think it was that so much as not burying their chances while State did.

Anyways, it's better for the rivalry to have a little blood spilled on both sides.

Comment

Originally posted by demhall View Post
                          I think a key stat was UM 0-4 on the power play while MSU went 1-1. That's a case of drawing to the inside straight; not the kind of thing you can count on night-in and night-out.

Given that Michigan had outscored us 13-2 over a 5 period stretch I think it is understandable if they got a little too comfortable, but I don't think it was that so much as not burying their chances while State did.

Anyways, it's better for the rivalry to have a little blood spilled on both sides.
                          I think another key is you showed up, Dem.

Comment

Working...
                          X