Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Schools with two ice pads on campus (or relatively close to campus)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Schools with two ice pads on campus (or relatively close to campus)

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
    Are you saying the BU campus has character.
    Oh yes, and the burning trash cans give it 'ambiance'.
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
      ...I think that there is a second surface at the Ralph for North Dakota, but I've never actually seen it, so I could be wrong.
      There is indeed a second sheet at North Dakota, 200x100, with the "primary" sheet in the arena at 200x85.

Cheers,
      ~TTF
      Dave
      RIT - '90

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
        EDIT: Just to be clear, BU doesn't really have a "campus," it's more of a smattering of academic buildings along a state highway interspersed with homeless people here and there.
        I'm not sure we should hold BU accountable for the BC alums that wander down Commonwealth Ave.

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
          I'm not sure we should hold BU accountable for the BC alums that wander down Commonwealth Ave.
          hahaha...too funny!

Thanks for the info everyone. Much appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
            We're the ones throwing change into the BU alums' cups.

The successful BU grads pump my gas.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
              St. Cloud State has two sheets of ice within one facility; the Huskies play on Olympic ice but there is an NHL-sized practice rink. Minnesota State has two ice sheets at All-Season Arena; I don't know if the second one is a different size than the NHL sheet that they use. I think that there is a second surface at the Ralph for North Dakota, but I've never actually seen it, so I could be wrong.
              The second rink at the Herb Brooks Hockey Center is also 200x100. There is talk of changing that, but may be cost prohibitive. Both men's and women's teams can practice at the Municipal Arena across town. That has two sheets, both 200x185. (In the "old days", then men's coach Craig Dahl liked the second sheet at the Brooks Center because "it looked smaller." True story . . .)

Comment

The successful BU grads pump my gas.
                You don't have to speak in euphemisms.

Comment

BC has Conte on campus and a municipal rink about a half mile away that it uses when squeeky ball is using Conte.

Comment

We're the ones throwing change into the BU alums' cups.
                    And you admit here to the public masses on doing that ! ?

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
                      And you admit here to the public masses on doing that ! ?
                      I went to a Catholic school, we're taught to be charitable to those who are less fortunate.

Comment

RMU has 3 pads in the winter and 2 in the spring/summer.

Comment

RIT will have 2 in the fall when the Polisseni Center opens (4200 seats +). The Ritter will remain open as well (2100 "seats"). Both ice arenas "only" with occasional special events.
                          -M

Comment

Working...
                          X