Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNO @ WMU: So your mascot is Tom Cruise from Top Gun right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNO @ WMU: So your mascot is Tom Cruise from Top Gun right?

Broncos need to get it together, Omaha needs to keep it together. Broncos coming off of a terrible weekend at Colorado College earning 2 of a possible 6 points, UNO splitting the weekend with Denver. Broncos will have to bring back the talent that took 5 points from SCSU as they've played basement teams the last 2 weeks (sorry Miami) and UNO is not a basement team. UNO needs to stop splitting weekends. The last threee series UNO has faced a team at the top of the conference and managed to earn a split. Time for the mavericks to start taking 6 points instead of 3, if they have what it takes to win one game they should win both.

It's my birthday today and im wishing the Broncos have some puck luck from here on out. We cant have both CCHA teams looking like we don't belong (sorry Miami).
    Whiney Ferris Knuckle-dragger:"You're exactly right, the WMU students & fans are out of control. The Lawson Lunatics are a bunch of wild animals with zero class or civility"

Re: UNO @ WMU: So your mascot is Tom Cruise from Top Gun right?

Its a coin toss how WMU will play.

Comment

Sounds trite, but, stop us from scoring to beat us. Prepare to be outshot, too, probably (unfortunately, to poor effect all too often). Nothing this team does or doesn't do surprises me much any more. One recurring theme from opposing team's head coaches all season has been their team's difficulty in skating with us. Problem is, we don't really have a serviceable goalie and our defense is not great. WMU and UNO look to be pretty much each others equal on paper. We have some quality wins and some really bad losses that more than offset those quality wins.

Comment

What is the status of Josh Pitt for this weekend?
        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Last edited by MAVFANJEFF; 02-19-2014, 10:20 AM. Reason: double post
          UNLEASH THE FURY!!!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLMMx3MRi0s

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
            Sounds trite, but, stop us from scoring to beat us. Prepare to be outshot, too, probably (unfortunately, to poor effect all too often). Nothing this team does or doesn't do surprises me much any more. One recurring theme from opposing team's head coaches all season has been their team's difficulty in skating with us. Problem is, we don't really have a serviceable goalie and our defense is not great. WMU and UNO look to be pretty much each others equal on paper. We have some quality wins and some really bad losses that more than offset those quality wins.
            throwing 40 shots every weekend at a goalie's bread basket doesn't mean we out shoot a team. I predict a split. Our players won't take the Broncos seriously and lose friday night. I hope I'm wrong.

Comment

Bump!! C'mon people... There's too much at stake for this thread to be cast to the 2nd page. Both teams battle to remain relevant!

Here's some controvercy to get things going, Warren Buffet sucks and he's not even THAT rich...
              Whiney Ferris Knuckle-dragger:"You're exactly right, the WMU students & fans are out of control. The Lawson Lunatics are a bunch of wild animals with zero class or civility"

Comment

Ok lawson,I am a big WMU fan but with the way Murray runs the team they will never go deep.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawson_lunatic27 View Post
                  Bump!! C'mon people... There's too much at stake for this thread to be cast to the 2nd page. Both teams battle to remain relevant!

Here's some controversy to get things going, Warren Buffet sucks and he's not even THAT rich...
                  he gave a bunch of his money to the Bill Gates foundation. Who taught you how to spell controversy? It's been fun watching this first NCHC season play out.

Comment

Here's some controvercy to get things going, Warren Buffet sucks and he's not even THAT rich...
                    Yup, correct, he's all the way down to the 4th richest, now:

http://www.forbes.com/billionaires/list/

One of the more interesting things about living in Nebraska (and Omaha) is that it is so small you get afforded opportunities to meet people you probably wouldn't, otherwise. I am not from here and have only been here for 24 years, now, having lived previously in Kansas City and Chicago. As a result, I have had the pleasure of meeting Warren Buffett on 4 separate occasions in completely innocuous and unexpected circumstances (at a party, at a restaurant, at Costco, and in the service department at Lexus of Omaha--note, he was WITH someone that owns one, HE doesn't), and, sucks is not an adjective I would use to describe him. He's a great guy. I was pleased and impressed that he remembered me, by name, the last time I ran into him, too (at the dealership).
                    Last edited by Red Cows; 02-21-2014, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MAVFANJEFF View Post
                      he gave a bunch of his money to the Bill Gates foundation. Who taught you how to spell controversy? It's been fun watching this first NCHC season play out.
                      Johnny Walker..... Its completely his fault. Rough morning this morning...

Comment

Even bigger than UNO winning was SCSU losing. No worse than a tie for 2nd for UNO at night's end.

Comment

What's up with Brady, anything serious?
                          tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Johnny Walker..... Its completely his fault. Rough morning this morning...
                            well go get some dole orange mango juice and mix it with some cruzan mango rum and watch some hockey. LOL

Comment

A split. Not sure what Murray said to the guys in the locker room after the 2nd period... but it worked!

I was snowboarding all weekend in northern Michigan so I didn't get to see any of the games. Hopefully UNO got the proper welcoming from the Lawson Lunatics. There were plenty of penalties against UNO so I'm sure that some of the UNO players met them upclose and personal.

Any other comments on the series? I don't have much to say having missed both games.

Comment

Working...
                              X