Round 2
    Slu beats cornell
    Clarkson beats Harvard

Round 3
    Clarkson beats slu

Re: Ecac seeding/playoff predictions

1) Harvard
    2) Clarkson
    3) Cornell (after a tie or lost against QPAC)
    4) qpac
    5) SLU
    6) Princeton
    7) Yale
    8) Rensselear

Round 1

Harvard beats Rensselear
    Clarkson beats Yale
    Cornell beats Princeton
    QU beats SLU

Round 2
    Harvard beats QU
    Clarkson beats Cornell

Round 3
    Clarkson beats Harvard

Comment

1) Clarkson
      2) Cornell
      3) Harvard
      4) Quinny
      5) SLU
      6) Prinny
      7) Yale
      8) Dart

Quarter-Finals
      Clarkson beats Dartmouth
      Cornell beats Yale
      Harvard beats Prinny
      Quinny beats SLU

Semi-Finals
      Clarkson beats Quinny
      Cornell beats Harvard

ECAC Champions Finally
      Clarkson beats Cornell
      Last edited by vicb; 02-16-2014, 03:37 PM.
      Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
      And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
      WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
      If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

While Cornell has struggled in some recent games against lower half teams, winning several in OT after comebacks, I suspect they will actually hang on to win the reg season title. The good teams seem to always find a way to win. If I'm not mistaken, if the Big Red take the Reg Season that would be 5 in a row ?.

Harvard will take the 2nd seed as they own the tiebreaker over Clarkson.

Can't see any of the top four (Cornell,Clarkson, Harvard and Quinny) lose in the quarters. The biggest dark horse will be Yale as they will get Staenz back for the playoffs, and they do have the tending. Right now they look to be finishing 7th, so that would set up a match with Harvard and could see an upset in that one.

This would set up the following potential Semis: (assuming here they re-seed, do they ? )

Either:

Cornell vs Quinny and Harvard vs Clarkson

or

Cornell vs Yale and Clarkson vs Quinny.

I'm sticking with a Clarkson - Cornell final, with Clarkson winning it.
        Last edited by OnMAA; 02-16-2014, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
          While Cornell has struggled, I suspect they will actually hang on to win the reg season title. If I'm not mistaken, that would be 5 in a row ?.

Harvard will take the 2nd seed as they own the tiebreaker over Clarkson.

Can't see any of the top four (Cornell,Clarkson, Harvard and Quinny) lose in the quarters. The biggest dark horse will be Yale as they will get Steanz back for the playoffs, and they do have the tending. Right now they look to be finishing 7th, so that would set up a match with Harvard and could see an upset in that one.

This would set up the following potential Semis: (assuming here they re-seed, do they ? )

Either:

Cornell vs Quinny and Harvard vs Clarkson

or

Cornell vs Yale and Clarkson vs Quinny.

I'm sticking with a Clarkson - Cornell final, with Clarkson winning it.

Agreed. Yale has proved they have what it takes to play with the top teams. They have tied quinnipiac twice, tied slu, tied clarkson, beat harvard and princeton in the second half. Yale has probably shocked more top-ended teams than any bottom 8 team in the ECAC this year. They seem to struggle against the weaker teams, namely those who are not in the top 6. Luckily for them, they will not have to face the weaker teams in playoffs.

Another team that seems to be coming together nicely is slu, and Macdonald knows how to steal a playoff series. Goaltending will make or break both of these teams. Yale may have a little more wiggle room offensively once Staenz returns from Sochi.

Comment

What a difference a day makes. The Hockey Gods have answered the prayers of the Clarkson fans and team.
            Quinny beats Cornell 2-1
            Yale ties Hahvad 3-3
            Clarkson beats RPI 6-0
            This puts Clarkson all alone in first place and they control their own destiny on Saturday. Beat Union, and the ECAC Regular Season crown and #1 seed is theirs. Given that this is the ECAC, I am not counting on anything until the final whistle blows tomorrow.

LGT LGT LGT
            Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
            And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
            WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
            If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
              What a difference a day makes. The Hockey Gods have answered the prayers of the Clarkson fans and team.
              Quinny beats Cornell 2-1
              Yale ties Hahvad 3-3
              Clarkson beats RPI 6-0
              This puts Clarkson all alone in first place and they control their own destiny on Saturday. Beat Union, and the ECAC Regular Season crown and #1 seed is theirs. Given that this is the ECAC, I am not counting on anything until the final whistle blows tomorrow.

LGT LGT LGT
              What a crazy night, who could have predicted two crazy upsets? This makes the playoff run much more interesting. The question of the night is can Colgate beat qpac tomorrow and can slu stay strong against a struggling RPI to lock home ice? Also interesting will be if Yale can beat a bottom 6 team, if not, Dartmouth will render colgate's late season heroics too little too late.

Comment

Originally posted by john0128 View Post
                1) cornell
                2) Harvard
                3) clarkson
                4) slu
                5) qpac
                6) Princeton
                7) Yale
                8) Dartmouth

Round 1
                Cornell beats Dartmouth
                Harvard beats Yale
                Clarkson beats Princeton
                Slu beats qpac

Round 2
                Slu beats cornell
                Clarkson beats Harvard

Round 3
                Clarkson beats slu
                very nice...

Comment

Quinny beats Cornell 2-1
                  Yale ties Hahvad 3-3
                  Clarkson beats RPI 6-0
                  Crazy indeed. Yale has a win and a tie vs Harvard, the latter without Staenz. It is quite possible Yale and Harvard will meet in the round one, as they are currently seeds 1 and 7. Presumably Staenz will be back for Yale next weekend.
                  Last edited by OnMAA; 02-22-2014, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
                    Crazy indeed. Yale has now a win and a tie vs Harvard, the latter without Staenz. It is quite possible Yale and Harvard will meet in the round one, as they are currently seeds 1 and 7. Presumably Staenz will be back for Yale next weekend.
                    They are currently seeds 2 and 7.

I am now predicting this as the final standings for top 8

1) Clarkson
                    2) Harvard (they own tie breaker over Cornell 1-0-1 season series)
                    3) Cornell
                    4) Quinny
                    5) SLU
                    6) Prinny
                    7) Yale
                    8) Dart

Of the 5-8 teams, Yale is definitely the team I would not want to be playing in the opening round of the playoffs, especially with Staenz back.
                    Last edited by vicb; 02-22-2014, 07:51 AM.
                    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO

Comment

They are currently seeds 2 and 7.

I am now predicting this as the final standings for top 8

1) Clarkson
                      2) Harvard (they own tie breaker over Cornell 1-0-1 season series)
                      3) Cornell
                      4) Quinny
                      5) SLU
                      6) Prinny
                      7) Yale
                      8) Dart

Of the 5-8 teams, Yale is definitely the team I would not want to be playing in the opening round of the playoffs, especially with Staenz back.
                      Really if you think about it, after the #1 seed, the rest of the home ice seeding doesn't make a world of difference. You will only have home ice for the quarters and then have to go to the #1 seed for the semis and finals. Yeah I get that no one wants to play Yale (especially Harvard) but if you can't beat a lower seed in your own building, you have no business thinking about a tournament championship game. You take care of business in the quarters and then see how it plays out the following week.

Comment

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
                        Really if you think about it, after the #1 seed, the rest of the home ice seeding doesn't make a world of difference. You will only have home ice for the quarters and then have to go to the #1 seed for the semis and finals. Yeah I get that no one wants to play Yale (especially Harvard) but if you can't beat a lower seed in your own building, you have no business thinking about a tournament championship game. You take care of business in the quarters and then see how it plays out the following week.
                        Is the second weekend hosted by the #1 seed or by the highest remaining seed?

Comment

Agreed, the challenge Yale poses is exactly what this Harvard needs to continue to improve.

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
                            Is the second weekend hosted by the #1 seed or by the highest remaining seed?
                            Technically, the highest remaining seed. So if the top seed fails to win their quarterfinal round, the next highest remaining seed will host. I don't see Clarkson losing to Dartmouth at Cheel so I'm going on the assumption that they will host the second weekend.

Comment

I don't see Clarkson losing to Dartmouth at Cheel so I'm going on the assumption that they will host the second weekend.
                              If it is Dartmouth. The Big Green either need to take care of Yale or get help.
                              "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                              And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Working...
                              X