Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UAA vs. BGU sweep sweepsweep

Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
    People say that Anchorage is a hockey town...It is clearly NOT! On TV it looks pathetic. I bet when the AAC opens, more people will show up for basketball then hockey! These are two Important games and hardly nobody comes! Pathetic.
    I'm watching the tape delay on TV, and you are seeing so many yellow seats because people don't typically sit in those lower seats because of the terrible glass. Based on the other teams in the WCHA, the attendance wasn't too bad. And basketball will never outdraw hockey. Never.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockey John View Post
      At least BGSU holds on for the tie. Three way tie for third place. We also hold the tie breaker now with UAA. Go BGSU get the win in game two.
      tough to have Ralfs in Sochi this weekend. let's get two more points tomorrow!

Ralfs Freibergs ‏@Ralfs_29 14h
      Good luck to all the boys in Alaska. Get that sweep #RollAlong
      Bowling Green St. Univ. '88 • SUNY Potsdam '79

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
        I'm watching the tape delay on TV, and you are seeing so many yellow seats because people don't typically sit in those lower seats because of the terrible glass. Based on the other teams in the WCHA, the attendance wasn't too bad. And basketball will never outdraw hockey. Never.
        Suze, I know you really want to believe that, but I afraid you might be wrong. We will have to see. BYW, what was attendance tonight?

Comment

Originally posted by blackswampboy View Post
          tough to have Ralfs in Sochi this weekend. let's get two more points tomorrow!

Ralfs Freibergs ‏@Ralfs_29 14h
          Good luck to all the boys in Alaska. Get that sweep #RollAlong
          Sochi is at least on this planet.
          That goalie of yours plays like he's from outer space.

Comment

Suze, I know you really want to believe that, but I afraid you might be wrong. We will have to see. BYW, what was attendance tonight?
            It's not in the box score at the ADN yet. But it looked about like past series, maybe 2200 or so. The high school state hockey championships are going on this weekend, so I suspect many people are attending those games. The South/Chugiak game looked pretty full.
            Last edited by Suze; 02-15-2014, 02:11 AM.
            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
              It's not in the box score at the ADN yet. But it looked about like past series, maybe 2200 or so. The high school state hockey championships are going on this weekend, so I suspect many people are attending those games. The South/Chugiak game looked pretty full.
              Box score was 2333. Very frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
                When the Seawolves have had a less than stellar game on Friday this season they've responded well the next night. I have no doubt that the boys will turn it up a notch tomorrow. It's crazy in the standings.
                Seeing how BG blew a 2 goal lead for the eleventy-billionth time this season, the best strategy may be to just stand aside and let BG score 2 goals early.

Comment

Box score was 2333. Very frustrating.
                  Anchorage has fair weather fans. When the Aces struggled nobody came out to watch them either. Attendance will pick up as Matt turns UAA hockey around.

Berkle sure was chirpy last night ... he and Hubbs may get into it tonight. Two peas in a pod!
                  Last edited by Suze; 02-15-2014, 05:11 PM.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Working...
                  X