Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bowling Green at Alaska Anchorage: Fourth Place! Fourth Place! Fourth Place!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bowling Green at Alaska Anchorage: Fourth Place! Fourth Place! Fourth Place!

I just saw on Twitter that Kurt interviewed Coach Thomas and Steve Thompson on the radio yesterday. Dang, missed it. Good to see this though.

I also heard that Subway has a special right now - they tied one of their new menu items to UAA, and I believe you get a free hockey ticket for Friday or Saturday if you purchase one of their new menu items. Check it out at Subway!
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Re: Bowling Green at Alaska Anchorage: Fourth Place! Fourth Place! Fourth Place!

Watching the Olympics, I'm starting to think the big ice may actually help the style that BG plays. BG tends to run out of room trying to get into the offensive zone. The extra space could/should allow for some great end-to-end play. Conditioning may play a very large role in the outcome of the games.

Comment

Originally posted by pdt1081 View Post
        Watching the Olympics, I'm starting to think the big ice may actually help the style that BG plays. BG tends to run out of room trying to get into the offensive zone. The extra space could/should allow for some great end-to-end play. Conditioning may play a very large role in the outcome of the games.
        Conditioning, indeed. If they are used to playing on NHL size ice, this favors UAA.
        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
          Conditioning, indeed. If they are used to playing on NHL size ice, this favors UAA.
          Yup, I don't see how UAA's Olympic sized ice sheet would favor BG in any way. I think the Seawolves have the advantage here. But the future is not yet written, so we'll see.

Go Seawolves!
          Last edited by Alaskana; 02-14-2014, 05:11 PM.

Comment

I also heard that Subway has a special right now - they tied one of their new menu items to UAA, and I believe you get a free hockey ticket for Friday or Saturday if you purchase one of their new menu items. Check it out at Subway!
            FYI, l looked this up, if you purchase a footlong Frito Chicken Enchilada(the one with fritos on it) meal, you get a free voucher for a ticket for Friday or Saturday.

So, two specials right now, 19.50 for 2 tix, 2 dogs and 2 sodas from ticketmaster, codeword VALENTINE, or purchase the above mentioned meal...probably 10.99-11.99 for a voucher for either game.
            Last edited by UAA Fan in Florida; 02-14-2014, 06:09 PM.
            Back in AK for good... 7/13/05

Comment

Originally posted by UAA Fan in Florida View Post
              FYI, l looked this up, if you purchase a footlong Frito Chicken Enchilada(the one with fritos on it) meal, you get a free voucher for a ticket for Friday or Saturday.

So, two specials right now, 19.50 for 2 tix, 2 dogs and 2 sodas from ticketmaster, codeword VALENTINE, or purchase the above mentioned meal...probably 10.99-11.99 for a voucher for either game.
              Sigh....I wish I was in Anchorage right now to go to the game.

Comment

Well considering how the game started I'll take a point.
                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                  Well considering how the game started I'll take a point.
                  I know, the first period was pretty brutal. Hopefully the guys play their normal fired-up Saturday game!!

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Third Place! Third Place! Third Place!
                    we'd better rename this thread

Comment

Third Place! Why? SEAWOLVES WIN!!! Pinkie! It's that time again! Time to bust out the PPPPPPPPPPPPPARTY CANNON!!!
                      I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Now THAT was fun! Great crowd for senior night. I really appreciated what Keith Hackett had to say to the fans on the Sully vision. He has a lot of class.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Now THAT was fun! Great crowd for senior night. I really appreciated what Keith Hackett had to say to the fans on the Sully vision. He has a lot of class.
                          Live or Memorex?

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
                            Live or Memorex?
                            Recorded but he was there in person.
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                              Recorded but he was there in person.
                              He has been to every game this season ... he always comes into the booster room and talks to the fans. A very personable guy!

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

He has been to every game this season ... he always comes into the booster room and talks to the fans. A very personable guy!
                                Great weekend! Agreed Suze, he is very personable, the few basketball/volleyball games I go to Keith is by the first exit closest to the pool (going up the bleachers to leave the gym) telling everybody thank you for coming and have a good night/weekend as soon as the game is over. He is also this way in the morning on his way to his office, he deliberately says good morning to everybody, and he is sincere about it! Morning people are weird, especially in the winter!! I've also noticed him and Matt Thomas talk to the baristas a lot, getting a feel for the attitude and behavior of UAA's student body.
                                Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X