Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bowling Green at Alaska Anchorage: Fourth Place! Fourth Place! Fourth Place!

Already insane, UAA making it worse

Bowling Green at Alaska Anchorage: Fourth Place! Fourth Place! Fourth Place!

Let's do this.

Re: Bowling Green at Alaska Anchorage: Fourth Place! Fourth Place! Fourth Place!

Must take 4 points

Go wolves

Re: Bowling Green at Alaska Anchorage: Fourth Place! Fourth Place! Fourth Place!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    Let's do this.
    1. wax your stick
    2. sharpen those skates
    3. foil up
    4. play with chip on shoulder
    5. knockem' round like a rag doll
    6. take no prisoners
    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
    1. wax your stick
    2. sharpen those skates
    3. foil up
    4. play with chip on shoulder
    5. knockem' round like a rag doll
    6. take no prisoners
    Lets Please hope the Sully is SOLD OUT for these important games!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman View Post
    Don't we all wish

UAA fan for life

Thumbs up Re: Bowling Green at Alaska Anchorage: Fourth Place! Fourth Place! Fourth Place!

Quote Originally Posted by seawolfpunk View Post
    Don't we all wish
    Hey, $20 for 2 tix, 2 dogs and 2 soda's? Both nights? I'm gonna be there Saturday for sure. Ticketmaster, code word, VALENTINE.

TWO must win games here, the boys can solidify home ice presence and HOME PLAYOFF ICE. I do not believe that is lost on any of them. BG is struggling, coming off a bad home stand, bye weekend, westward travel.

It's a GREAT day to be a Seawolf!!!
    Back in AK for good... 7/13/05

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman View Post
    Maybe the Fat Guy and the leader of 5,000 will show up............. don't bet on it, chirpers just..........chirp....
    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

BG needs to get points this weekend. They swept the Seawolves in BG. BG needs to put together a full 60 minutes and come out with points. Go Falcons! Fly high in Alaska! Roll Along.

UAA fan for life

Maybe the Fat Guy and the leader of 5,000 will show up............. don't bet on it, chirpers just..........chirp....
    Who are you callin' Fat? I resemble that remark... :O)

Doubt that we'll see either one of them seein as they both liked to sit up high (the few times they showed up) then whined and cried when they were restricted to the lower bowl. Or is that them sitting in the one section they opened up? Couldn't be the leader of 5,000 cause the 5,000 have failed to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by UAA Fan in Florida View Post
    Who are you callin' Fat? I resemble that remark... :O)
    He'd be referring to Ashley reed, who's own offspring is going to providence
    Last edited by seawolfpunk; 02-12-2014 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by seawolfpunk View Post
    He'd be referring to Ashley reed, who's own offspring is going to providence
    The fat guy is too busy trying to convince the legislature to give money to the preacher to come to a hockey game.

A reminder:

Valentine’s Weekend Special Offer: 2 game tickets, 2 hot dogs, 2 sodas for $19.50 on Ticketmaster.com. Promo Code: VALENTINE

I sent an email to Darryl Thompson, and received a nice reply. An email was sent to all of the ASHA Board Members urging them to contact their teams, parents and players to come out and support UAA this weekend. He asked their web site manager to post the promotion information on their web site as well.

I also asked Doyle to post the promotion information, and put it in his article that should come out tomorrow. Hopefully he'll oblige - he has done so in the past. Hoping to see a full Sullivan Arena this weekend!! Bring a friend ya'll.
    Last edited by Suze; 02-13-2014 at 07:18 PM.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

UAA fan for life

Quote Originally Posted by Suze View Post
    A reminder:

Valentine’s Weekend Special Offer: 2 game tickets, 2 hot dogs, 2 sodas for $19.50 on Ticketmaster.com. Promo Code: VALENTINE

I sent an email to Darryl Thompson, and received a nice reply. An email was sent t to all of the ASHA Board Members urging them to contact their teams, parents and players to come out and support UAA this weekend. He asked their web site manager to post the promotion information on their web site as well.

I also asked Doyle to post the promotion information, and put it in his article that should come out tomorrow. Hopefully he'll oblige - he has done so in the past. Hoping to see a full Sullivan Arena this weekend!! Bring a friend ya'll.
    Considering this might be the most important weekend in Seawolf hockey in 20 years.. I'm gonna be there!! You can't go to the movies, out to dinner, or anything for $20 these days, unless you are alone. The offer is amazing! (SPIN)You get dinner(food and drinks) and 2 hours of entertainment(for 2 Seawolf fans), all while promoting your home-town-team! Kick *** deal!

Hoooowwwwlllll!!

It's a GREAT day to be Seawolf!

Quote Originally Posted by UAA Fan in Florida View Post
    Considering this might be the most important weekend in Seawolf hockey in 20 years.. I'm gonna be there!! You can't go to the movies, out to dinner, or anything for $20 these days, unless you are alone. The offer is amazing! (SPIN)You get dinner(food and drinks) and 2 hours of entertainment(for 2 Seawolf fans), all while promoting your home-town-team! Kick *** deal!

Hoooowwwwlllll!!

It's a GREAT day to be Seawolf!
    I'm hoping we'll see the Military Youth Academy again this weekend ... those guys and gals are a lot of fun. Doyle answered me as well, and he has the promotion information on his blog. Thanks Doyle! Much appreciated. Let's fill the Sully!
    Last edited by Suze; 02-13-2014 at 11:54 PM.
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

I just saw on Twitter that Kurt interviewed Coach Thomas and Steve Thompson on the radio yesterday. Dang, missed it. Good to see this though.

I also heard that Subway has a special right now - they tied one of their new menu items to UAA, and I believe you get a free hockey ticket for Friday or Saturday if you purchase one of their new menu items. Check it out at Subway!

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Watching the Olympics, I'm starting to think the big ice may actually help the style that BG plays. BG tends to run out of room trying to get into the offensive zone. The extra space could/should allow for some great end-to-end play. Conditioning may play a very large role in the outcome of the games.

Quote Originally Posted by pdt1081 View Post
    Watching the Olympics, I'm starting to think the big ice may actually help the style that BG plays. BG tends to run out of room trying to get into the offensive zone. The extra space could/should allow for some great end-to-end play. Conditioning may play a very large role in the outcome of the games.
    Conditioning, indeed. If they are used to playing on NHL size ice, this favors UAA.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Conditioning, indeed. If they are used to playing on NHL size ice, this favors UAA.
    Yup, I don't see how UAA's Olympic sized ice sheet would favor BG in any way. I think the Seawolves have the advantage here. But the future is not yet written, so we'll see.

Go Seawolves!
    Last edited by Alaskana; 02-14-2014 at 05:11 PM.

UAA fan for life

I also heard that Subway has a special right now - they tied one of their new menu items to UAA, and I believe you get a free hockey ticket for Friday or Saturday if you purchase one of their new menu items. Check it out at Subway!
    FYI, l looked this up, if you purchase a footlong Frito Chicken Enchilada(the one with fritos on it) meal, you get a free voucher for a ticket for Friday or Saturday.

So, two specials right now, 19.50 for 2 tix, 2 dogs and 2 sodas from ticketmaster, codeword VALENTINE, or purchase the above mentioned meal...probably 10.99-11.99 for a voucher for either game.
    Last edited by UAA Fan in Florida; 02-14-2014 at 06:09 PM.

Thread Information