X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UAA: Exciting Things Ahead!

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
    Oh ****, I didn't even know they used to do that. I saw Trupp earlier, he looks much better without the long hair. Some guys can pull it off, he can't.
    I agree, he and Bobby both look better with short hair. As far as the guys on the radio, it was fun. I still remember Dough Teskey being challenged to say "I love unique New York" three times fast ... he couldn't! Gee, you can tell it's our bye week, can't ya?
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

I also heard(unreliable source) that we might be getting the SF Bulls scoreboard?
      Back in AK for good... 7/13/05

Comment

Originally posted by UAA Fan in Florida View Post
        I also heard(unreliable source) that we might be getting the SF Bulls scoreboard?
        I have heard that too. Hear it on the bob and mark show. They've promoted UAA a lot more too.
        Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Well, that would be a rather inexpensive way to get a scoreboard.
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Just did a quick google search and found these images of their scoreboard:

Looks like a nice upgrade! I wonder under what circumstances the Sullivan Arena could get this board? Lease, rent or buy? I'm thinking if purchasing it outright is too expensive that even renting or leasing it could be a viable option if the seller were willing to negotiate. Of course de-installation, shipping and then re-installation could be expensive no matter how it is acquired.
            Last edited by Alaskana; 01-31-2014, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alaskana View Post
              Looks like a nice upgrade! I wonder under what circumstances the Sullivan Arena could get this board? Lease, rent or buy? I'm thinking if purchasing it outright is too expensive that even renting or leasing it could be a viable option if the seller were willing to negotiate. Of course de-installation, shipping and then re-installation could be expensive no matter how it is acquired.
              That's an outright buy. I know the Bulls paid for the upgrades at the Cow Palace and selling the scoreboard is a real good way to pay down debt. You'd have to ship any new scoreboard anyway but this is better because a) it's already built b) it's only two years old and c) it's from somebody they know.
              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                That's an outright buy. I know the Bulls paid for the upgrades at the Cow Palace and selling the scoreboard is a real good way to pay down debt. You'd have to ship any new scoreboard anyway but this is better because a) it's already built b) it's only two years old and c) it's from somebody they know.
                I don't think the issue is having the money to buy a different scoreboard. The Aces think they can get donors to pony up for one. The problem is, (and I got this directly from Rodda when I spoke to him), making sure an old building like the Sully can support the weight of that kind of scoreboard. He said there may have to be significant improvements to the structure - and that is not in the appropriation, or on the list of things to improve. It sure would be nice if they could find a way to pull it off! It would be a shame to do all of the other improvements and keep the current dinosaur up there.
                I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

I really don't see that scoreboard as being much heavier than the one we gots already. In fact, it might be lighter, the tv's do not add that much weight, it looks relatively the same size, and because it is new(2 years old) as compared to ours(10+ years), the components used to make it are much lighter.

Now that I think about it, maybe someone should contact the TV show, Shipping Wars? Discount?

On a different note, MSU and BG are not doing what they are supposed to be doing... ugg

Comment

I really don't see that scoreboard as being much heavier than the one we gots already. In fact, it might be lighter, the tv's do not add that much weight, it looks relatively the same size, and because it is new(2 years old) as compared to ours(10+ years), the components used to make it are much lighter.

Now that I think about it, maybe someone should contact the TV show, Shipping Wars? Discount?
                    That's what I was thinking. If anything, I would say that the bull's scoreboard is probably lighter than the current one in the Sully due to it using lighter components. The LCD displays used these days are relatively light (think of how light modern flat screen computer displays are compared to the old clunky CRT computer monitors). Granted the Seawolves board appears to use panels of giant light bulbs or LEDs to convey information and not a traditional tv style tube display so this weight comparison may not apply. Without any weight stats on both boards this is purely conjecture on my part.

If it is heavier than the current Sullivan arena board and reinforcements need to be made, you would think they could use the money they save by purchasing a used board on the reinforcements. Of course, I have no idea how much money reinforcements would run and it still might greatly outweigh any savings gained by getting a used score board. It's fun to speculate though.
                    Last edited by Alaskana; 01-31-2014, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Agreed..

Wouldn't it be nice though.. lol

Comment

That's what I was thinking. If anything, I would say that the bull's scoreboard is probably lighter than the current one in the Sully due to it using lighter components. The LCD displays used these days are relatively light (think of how light modern flat screen computer displays are compared to the old clunky CRT computer monitors). Granted the Seawolves board appears to use panels of giant light bulbs to convey information and not a traditional tv style tube display so this weight comparison may not apply. Without any weight stats on both boards this is purely conjecture on my part.

If it is heavier than the current Sullivan arena board and reinforcements need to be made, you would think they could use the money they save by purchasing a used board on the reinforcements. Of course, I have no idea how much money reinforcements would run and it still might greatly outweigh any savings gained by getting a used score board. It's fun to speculate though.
                        We could always get Jerry Jones on the horn, he knows about BIG SCOREBOARDS, even though they are little use to the home team in Dallas. :O)

Comment

We could always get Jerry Jones on the horn, he knows about BIG SCOREBOARDS, even though they are little use to the home team in Dallas. :O)
                          Hey now, leave my football team out of this discussion (been a tough 20 years, I just wish jones would swallow his pride an hire a god **** gm).

Any way go seawolves.
                          Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

On a different note, MSU and BG are not doing what they are supposed to be doing... ugg
                            That makes perfect sense to me. And I have since heard the same rumor about the Aces buying the scoreboard. Yay, hope it works out.

BTW, kudos to Murphy and Trupp for donating their hair to Locks of Love! Nicely done guys.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

You're a staunch supporter so I have no intention of fighting with you, however to me the days of the Seawolves just hanging on and praying are over. These guys are learning to kick butt and take names.
                              The NMU and Michigan Tech wins keep BGSU & the purple cows within reach and our guys are climbing the ranks.
                              It's a new day! And a great day to be a Seawolf!

Comment

That's what I was thinking. If anything, I would say that the bull's scoreboard is probably lighter than the current one in the Sully due to it using lighter components. The LCD displays used these days are relatively light (think of how light modern flat screen computer displays are compared to the old clunky CRT computer monitors). Granted the Seawolves board appears to use panels of giant light bulbs or LEDs to convey information and not a traditional tv style tube display so this weight comparison may not apply. Without any weight stats on both boards this is purely conjecture on my part.

Interesting reading:

Beginning with the 2012–13 season, the Bulls played their home games at the Cow Palace (former home of their NHL affiliate, the San Jose Sharks), which is right on the Daly City/San Francisco border. To accommodate the Bulls, the team spent $2 million installing a new ice system and a custom-made 360-degree wraparound LED video scoreboard with its game presentation system and ten sets of speaker arrays. The center hung video board has a 360 degree view for game presentation and full timekeeping and statistics. The new Colosseo Cube scoreboard had to be custom built by Colosseo USA because of the weight limitations on the 71-year-old building's roof. The Cow Palace made steel support beams and installed them in the rafters to help provide the additional support
                                (Taken from Wikipedia).

Thanks to high-tech aluminum structural support, every Colosseo Center Hung Scoreboard of any size weights less than 60% of the calculated weight specifications of equally sized LED structures using conventional iron as structural support material. With this technology, we are proud to provide tens of thousands of pounds of extra weight capacity for our clients' building structures to accommodate the extremely high weight demands for temporary loads requested by today's entertainment and concert industry.
                                (Taken from the Colosseo website).

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X