Minnesota hosts Michigan State: 1/31 & 2/1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota hosts Michigan State: 1/31 & 2/1

After last week I'll be happy if we get three goals total on the weekend.

In regards to the fans, there's only three or four that even post regularly anymore. Not sure what happened besides the team just getting bad, seems like there's less and less every year.
    Last edited by Spartanforlife4; 01-28-2014, 07:53 PM.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
      Will be interesting to see how MN comes out this weekend. A couple of special weekends the past 2 weeks, playing an opponent this week without much rivalry or built-in intensity.

These are the kind of weekends you look back on at the end of the year when you start ticking off the lost points that could have gotten you to that next spot in the standings, so it's important for MN to take as many points as possible. I'm expecting MSU to come out and play at least 1 very hard-nosed game, so hopefully the Gophers come mentally prepared for that.
      Especially with the BADgers coming up next weekend. Even as a fan this series is just kind of there. I fully expect a sweep but wouldn't be surprised if Sparty steals a couple points. I think in Vegas they would call this a sandwich series.

Comment

They appealed the Marshall suspension and lost from what it sounds like, so we will be without his services Friday night. We have played with 5 D before, it's not ideal but doable for one game.
        Originally posted by CavalryNate
        Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
          They appealed the Marshall suspension and lost from what it sounds like, so we will be without his services Friday night. We have played with 5 D before, it's not ideal but doable for one game.
          Parentau just coming back and may not be 100% isn't helping this either. Guess this means Brodzinski is out but I haven't heard how long. What's the word there?

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
            Parentau just coming back and may not be 100% isn't helping this either. Guess this means Brodzinski is out but I haven't heard how long. What's the word there?
            3-4 weeks. Knee.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              3-4 weeks. Knee.
              Heard two weeks. Would suck if it's really 3-4. Where did you hear that Scooby?
              @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
              On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
              High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

From not knowing who to sit to not having enough to fill the bench.

Funny how things work.

Comment

Funny how things work.
                  I would say they KIND OF had that issue early on with the D. They were pretty thin from the start with Vanelli bailing.

I think it was more more a problem with the forwards and still is a little for that matter.
                  "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
                    I may have transposed the numbers.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Funny how things work.
                      And thinking back to last season, when we had eight true D: the since departed Schmidt, Alt and Helgeson in addition to Marshall, Reilly, Parenteau, Skjei and Holl, who was moved up to forward for much of the year. We've gone from feast to famine, at least temporarily. And we're fortunate that Parenteau was able to come back when he did and get a game under his belt on Saturday, before being asked to play major minutes as one of the five D on Friday.
                      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Relax, you have very little to worry about with sparty. Week their goaltending is superb but that's it....
                        Originally posted by alfablue
                        Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                        Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                        I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Not surprised...appeals are rarely honored. Marshall's having a bad season. His PP and general scoring is down, PIMs are double his total from last season already and he's made some bad decisions, like the unnecessary hit on Farley. He needs to learn to think "team" and play a lot cooler and smarter, rather than get caught up in the moment. So now he can sit and think about it. We'll be fine with 5 D.

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
                            I heard that too. tDon was talking about having replay for major penalties and he then mentioned Brodzinski would be out 3-4, well we play 3 weeks then have a bye week. So he probably won't be back until after the bye week against Penn State on Feb 28th.
                            Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                            sigpic

Comment

Weekend news and notes from Gophersports

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m...013014aaa.html
                              sigpic

Comment

I heard that too. tDon was talking about having replay for major penalties and he then mentioned Brodzinski would be out 3-4, well we play 3 weeks then have a bye week. So he probably won't be back until after the bye week against Penn State on Feb 28th.
                                Bummer. Thanks for the info.
                                @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                                On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                                High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Working...
                                X