Clear All

• Re: Mariucci Classic: RPI @ Minnesota 1/4/14

Been watching Wisco vs UAA. UW wins 4-3 when puck bounces off UAA player
    GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
      Been watching Wisco vs UAA. UW wins 4-3 when puck bounces off UAA player
      That was so freaky. The puck was first deflected by a defensemans stick, then went in off of a UAA skate. Ugh. Oh well, a split is okay with me. Better than I expected.
      Originally Posted by aparch
      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        Combined 12-4? I'd call that an embarrassment. We are a cupcake team.
        Please next time you venture to the field house go tell that to Coach. Tell him we are a cupcake team. Better yet, get behind the bench and coach the team and turn it into the megapower you know you can. I believe in FlagDude.
        Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
          Please next time you venture to the field house go tell that to Coach. Tell him we are a cupcake team. Better yet, get behind the bench and coach the team and turn it into the megapower you know you can. I believe in FlagDude.
          Remember what happened when we tried this in 07-08? The next year ticket sales were way down, so far down that RPI was unable to sell out Freakout. I fully expect the January meltdown to continue.

Comment

Remember what happened when we tried this in 07-08? The next year ticket sales were way down, so far down that RPI was unable to sell out Freakout. I fully expect the January meltdown to continue.
            No way the meltdown will happen with you behind the bench. Your going to lead us to the promised land. Heck I will even drive the lead float in the hot dog wrapper parade down River St. in Troy.
            Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

07-08 were some rough years with lots of late night gigs so I might not remember it all. Wasn't that the season where you ran a solid 30 second lap around the field house during said Freakout?

Comment

No way the meltdown will happen with you behind the bench. Your going to lead us to the promised land. Heck I will even drive the lead float in the hot dog wrapper parade down River St. in Troy.
                I'm no leader. Keep drinking the Kool-aid, though. Eventually you'll wake up drowned in an even bigger nightmare. I only wish I had taken my friends' advice in 2009 instead of drinking your Kool-aid and them essentially defriending me.

Comment

I'm no leader. Keep drinking the Kool-aid, though. Eventually you'll wake up drowned in an even bigger nightmare. I only wish I had taken my friends' advice in 2009 instead of drinking your Kool-aid and them essentially defriending me.
                  Haven't drank Kool-Aid in years since I was at least 12. Sorry for your defriending over a college hockey team. Thats rough, imagine if this stuff made an impact in everyday life. What are you talking about drowned in an even bigger nightmare....your a french fry short of a happy meal. Its just a game and just a business for these coaches and schools.
                  Last edited by fishcore12; 01-04-2014, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Haven't drank Kool-Aid in years since I was at least 12. Sorry for your defriending over a college hockey team. Thats rough, imagine if this stuff made an impact in everyday life. What are you talking about drowned in an even bigger nightmare....your a french fry short of a happy meal. Its just a game and just a business for these coaches and schools.
                    If you actually read the first post you responded to in this chain and didn't just try to spin one word, you'd be well aware that I know this is a business proposition. Winning sells tickets. I don't know if Martha or any of the nice folks at the Student Union keep track of season ticket sales vs. single game and walk up, but one thing you'll notice is that when the team is down-trodden, admission revenue is down. Am I expecting RPI to go undefeated? Heck no, even I'm aware that's too much to ask. I do know, however, that the team is so inconsistent that fans purchasing tickets in advance only to see the team have a ****-poor year are feeling like they're being screwed, and I would think after seven years, this is the last straw.

Comment

If you actually read the first post you responded to in this chain and didn't just try to spin one word, you'd be well aware that I know this is a business proposition. Winning sells tickets. I don't know if Martha or any of the nice folks at the Student Union keep track of season ticket sales vs. single game and walk up, but one thing you'll notice is that when the team is down-trodden, admission revenue is down. Am I expecting RPI to go undefeated? Heck no, even I'm aware that's too much to ask. I do know, however, that the team is so inconsistent that fans purchasing tickets in advance only to see the team have a ****-poor year are feeling like they're being screwed, and I would think after seven years, this is the last straw.
                      Seven years of graduating players, sending guys onto the pros, no matter what level, having from what I hear, a halfway decent relationship with alums, is totally the last straw. Yeah Im looking at this from the wrong angle arent I? Lets turn this place into a hockey factory where barely enough players graduate that we can slide by any NCAA regulations on that subject, just to say hey we beat Ferris State and Minnesota and won a tournament in January which will be forgotten in a week.

Comment

Seven years of graduating players, sending guys onto the pros, no matter what level, having from what I hear, a halfway decent relationship with alums, is totally the last straw. Yeah Im looking at this from the wrong angle arent I? Lets turn this place into a hockey factory where barely enough players graduate that we can slide by any NCAA regulations on that subject, just to say hey we beat Ferris State and Minnesota and won a tournament in January which will be forgotten in a week.
                        Last I checked, none of those pro players graduated.

Comment

Last I checked, none of those pro players graduated.
                          You must check stuff frequently cause everything I have posted you have checked...well done. I'm done with my monthly debate over a game with you, thanks for the fun.

Comment

Working...
                          X