This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Thanks. I was thinking giving our recruits a midyear grade, but it is really quite inappropriate. I will gave Nanne an Incomplete.
    Inappropriate is right. It's hard to grade guys we've never seen play. We primarily get scoring stats. So much depends on the role they play and the skills of the players around them. Mark Miller is a prime example. His junior stats were unimpressive to say the least. It only took seeing him a few times last season to recognize that he was more skilled than I expected. I could hypothesize that he was assigned a defensive role in the USHL and bet he was very good at it. None of that would show up in a scoring stats based grading scheme.

Comment

Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2013-14 (Part II)

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
      Inappropriate is right. It's hard to grade guys we've never seen play. We primarily get scoring stats. So much depends on the role they play and the skills of the players around them. Mark Miller is a prime example. His junior stats were unimpressive to say the least. It only took seeing him a few times last season to recognize that he was more skilled than I expected. I could hypothesize that he was assigned a defensive role in the USHL and bet he was very good at it. None of that would show up in a scoring stats based grading scheme.
      You are certainly correct about Miller, but we noted that he only missed one game, so he was fulfilling a role.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        No one here is doubting that he's a good hockey player. When he starts getting some starts under his belt (and I DO mean when), pulls 60 minute W's, maybe a couple shutouts here and there, the pros will take some notice.
        You are talking out of your ***. Period.
        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
          Bingo. You don't know how much you learn about a recruit until you watch him play whether it's with an RPI uniform or a juniors one. Hence why, when score sheet superstar Bourbonnais was relegated to the practice squad until just a few games ago, and Wood really poured it on, there was zero surprise from here.

Comment

Bourbonnais was relegated to the practice squad
            Talking out of your *** again.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
              You are talking out of your ***. Period.
              I can't wait to read your "expert" opinion on why he was "overlooked". Ralph using the word "backup" in many of his line reports on the recruit threads speaks volumes. And as much as he is playing now, he wasn't so much in October or November, and given when the rankings were released and the amount of time necessary to compile this information, the reason is cut and dry. Let us know when you're finished echoing the comment patterns of the left-wing wackos on the political threads over in the café.

Comment

I can't wait to read your "expert" opinion on why he was "overlooked". Ralph using the word "backup" in many of his line reports on the recruit threads speaks volumes. And as much as he is playing now, he wasn't so much in October or November, and given when the rankings were released and the amount of time necessary to compile this information, the reason is cut and dry. Let us know when you're finished echoing the comment patterns of the left-wing wackos on the political threads over in the café.
                First off, I don't have an "expert" opinion. I'm smart enough not to open my mouth when I don't know something about something. I much prefer to remain quiet and allow others to think me a fool than to speak and remove all doubt, which is your preference.

Second, your proclivity to bringing up politics when you've been chastised amuses me greatly.

Comment

Can't wait to see the two of you together at the RPI Christmas party...

Comment

Dillon started the year as the backup to a goalie who had significant BCHL experience. After a poor start he started to share the goalie duties (about the time he committed to RPI). This is steady progress. Since then he has twice replaced the other goalie while finishing every game he started. Kasdorf didn't play much early last year for RPI. Did anyone consider that when talking about his season's performance.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
                      Can't wait to see the two of you together at the RPI Christmas party...
                      Seconded.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I don't celebrate Christmas, I'm a heathen. Just ask the expert, FlagDUD.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          Dillon started the year as the backup to a goalie who had significant BCHL experience. After a poor start he started to share the goalie duties (about the time he committed to RPI). This is steady progress. Since then he has twice replaced the other goalie while finishing every game he started. Kasdorf didn't play much early last year for RPI. Did anyone consider that when talking about his season's performance.
                          If they talked about it in November, I'm sure they did. IIRC, the rankings previously discussed are not the only ones that will be published throughout the year, and I'm sure Mr. Dillon's performance will be reflected in future rankings this year.

Comment

If they talked about it in November, I'm sure they did. IIRC, the rankings previously discussed are not the only ones that will be published throughout the year, and I'm sure Mr. Dillon's performance will be reflected in future rankings this year.
                            Kasdorf was drafted before arriving at RPI, so that wasn't a consideration a year ago. I agree that Dillon could still be on later lists and still could be drafted. I only previously talked about the list that has already come out. Period.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

While waiting for the games to finish:

[math]
                              Let’s see, there are 16 USHL teams and we have recruits on five of them. What is the chance that no two are playing each other on a night when all 16 of the teams are playing? I’ll assume that the schedule is balanced which is certainly not true, but I am too lazy to figure out what the schedule is really. I will also ignore the fact that there actually are two USNTDP teams and they do sometimes both play at the same time (but never each other of course).

Without loss of generalization (WLOG), put one of our recruit’s as the home team in game #1. The chance is 11/15 that they will be playing a team without a recruit. Then also WLOG put our second recruit’s team on the home team in game #2. The chance is 10/13 that they will be playing a team without a recruit. Then also WLOG put our third recruit’s team on the home team in game #3. The chance is 9/11 that they will be playing a team without a recruit. Then also WLOG put our fourth recruit’s team on the home team in game #4. The chance is 8/9 that they will be playing a team without a recruit. The last one works automatically since all 7 remaining teams have no recruit after the last one is placed WLOG as the home team in game #5.

11/15 * 10/13 * 9/11 * 8/9 = 16/33 which is a bit under 50%.
                              [/math]

BTW, Tironese isn't playing although he does not appear on the suspended list.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

On Friday, the Sudbury Nickel Barons lost to the Elliot Lake Bobcats 4-1. Bradley Bell did not dress. He is apparently still injured. http://www.nojhl.com/game/game_sheet/5425565

Bell's line is now 18-7-6-13-10.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X