Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union at St. Cloud, 12/13 & 12/14

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
    Yeah, the last couple rows of the student section in front of the press box were empty. Like FTLT said, other stuff going on, and again, I'll blame the lack of atmosphere for not making hockey games feel like a "must attend" event for students.
    But doesn't having a boatload of fans in the building create the atmosphere? I mean...I know I always went for the super outdated music they play during stoppages.
    St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
      4265 was the announced, and that seemed about right.

It's the push-and-pull of college athletics right now. $25/ticket for a team that, while very good, is one nobody there had heard of, is just too expensive to fill that building, and it has really killed the atmosphere there. But a 2/3s full arena at $25/ticket brings in more revenue than a full arena at half that cost, and SCSU needs all the money they can get to afford being in a "national conference" and renovate their arena, and pay for their other sports.
      Hey I thought that you guys knew everything about hockey up there in the "hotbed". Why has no one there never heard of Union? Two time defending ECAC Champions, NCAA tournament 2011,2012(Frozen 4) & 2013. 86-34-20 record in the last four years. We're new to the party but we're definitely here! I checked your attendance. You've only had six previous home games and last nights 4265 was NOT the lowest. 4128 on 11/22 vs Col. Clg. I also think $25 is very excessive for college hockey though in the "hotbed" is there anything else going on? Here in Schenectady,NY, Union doesn't have the 5763 seat rink with the big name on it but the 2000 (capacity 2225)or so that go to Union games only pay $8.00. We may not be in the "hotbed" but people around here know who we are. I expect SCSU to come out flying tonight with a bigger crowd in the house. Union has already proven it's worthiness let's see if the Huskies can show why they're #1.

Comment

I think between the local high schools, juniors, college and Wild that no one has any time to pay attention to teams out east outside of BC, BU, Maine, New Hampshire or any nationally televised game.
        The only reason I have is because QU knocked us out and Yale knocked out the Gophers and North Dakota. Plus the other final four teams. I have been watching comparable box scores. So I know the ECAC is strong. A lot of the EZAC is from people who haven't followed for awhile and is based on 80-90's.
        We also have played QU, RPI , New Hampshire and Union NC games the last few years.
        Last edited by hockeykrazy; 12-14-2013, 02:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Go4PuckFan2.0 View Post
          Wow.

An SCSU fan alleging 23 years of ineptitude.

There's a joke in there somewhere.
          Gopher fans hate that number. Well, us and Jim Carrey.
          the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by ufanbill View Post
            Hey I thought that you guys knew everything about hockey up there in the "hotbed". Why has no one there never heard of Union? Two time defending ECAC Champions, NCAA tournament 2011,2012(Frozen 4) & 2013. 86-34-20 record in the last four years. We're new to the party but we're definitely here! I checked your attendance. You've only had six previous home games and last nights 4265 was NOT the lowest. 4128 on 11/22 vs Col. Clg. I also think $25 is very excessive for college hockey though in the "hotbed" is there anything else going on? Here in Schenectady,NY, Union doesn't have the 5763 seat rink with the big name on it but the 2000 (capacity 2225)or so that go to Union games only pay $8.00. We may not be in the "hotbed" but people around here know who we are. I expect SCSU to come out flying tonight with a bigger crowd in the house. Union has already proven it's worthiness let's see if the Huskies can show why they're #1.
            Apparently we're a hotbed.

If we're not drawing for conference opponents (even lame ones like CC), we certainly won't sell out for a team from out east that isn't one of the "big names." Nobody's discrediting Union here. We'll be full for UND and maybe UMD. And that's a big maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
              If we're not drawing for conference opponents (even lame ones like CC), we certainly won't sell out for a team from out east that isn't one of the "big names." Nobody's discrediting Union here. We'll be full for UND and maybe UMD. And that's a big maybe.
              Union can't even sell out their own tiny "rink" unless they have help from visiting fans (and three very specific visiting teams). Why would anyone in Minnesota come out to watch them if New Yorkers won't?
              Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                There's a shock.
                Bazinga. Well played.

Comment

Apparently we're a hotbed.

It's never full for UMD.
                  tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                    It's never full for UMD.
                    Yeah...I know. But after Minny and Dakota, I look at you guys as our next biggest rival. And Minny's not playing in Cloud this year.

Comment

Yeah...I know. But after Minny and Dakota, I look at you guys as our next biggest rival. And Minny's not playing in Cloud this year.
                      Good point. I wish more people did.
                      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Union College? Who are they? Are they in Kentucky?
                        DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                        DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

If the whole Union team farts on the team bus is that a Dutchman Oven?
                          tUMD Hockey

Comment

That's the second time this week I've laughed uncontrollably at a Dutch Oven joke.

Comment

Originally posted by johnk View Post
                              What no ECAC bashing tonight you clown? Get lost!!! How bout some negative rep *****
                              At least you're always consistent.....consistently negative.

Comment

Fresh from the Duluth News Tribune

College men's hockey: Western Michigan stuns UMD in first Amsoil visit

That was bad news for UMD, which is now 0-33-3 in its last 36 games since 2010 when trailing after two periods.

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/eve...cle/id/286124/

talk about farts ....
                                DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                                DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Working...
                                X