Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MTU @ UA_ - Wait... We Aren't North Enough Yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MTU @ UA_ - Wait... We Aren't North Enough Yet?

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
    Actually they were in the bleachers in the balcony. And you realize it's a holiday weekend right? Many students/fans are traveling this weekend...that's why there was no pep band or JROTC. Seriously though, don't give us a hard time about an empty arena when your own building is blocking off the balcony due to its lack of being used...
    I'm well aware of the attendance woes at the Sully. But since numerous UA_ fans have always shoved that in our faces, it doesn't hurt to return the favor. And the "students being gone" doesn't cut it, it's been that way almost every game I've watched this season ... even for your opening tournament.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
      Palmer is renowned for marijuana growing but it's kinda mean to assume Suze is an expert on the subject.
      The Valley is all about meth now anyway.
      “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
        I'm well aware of the attendance woes at the Sully. But since numerous UA_ fans have always shoved that in our faces, it doesn't hurt to return the favor. And the "students being gone" doesn't cut it, it's been that way almost every game I've watched this season ... even for your opening tournament.
        Its cause no one cares about these teams in the nWCHA...people before wanted to see Michigan, Michigan State, tOSU...schools that have teams with players who will go pro.

Granted not all of us feel that way but it was true for a lot of the fan base from the CCHA I think.

Also, the Seawolves are only attracting 300ish more fans per game on average than the Nanooks. With the difference in population and arena capacity, that is still sad...so it gives us every justification to shove it in your faces .

Comment

Its cause no one cares about these teams in the nWCHA...people before wanted to see Michigan, Michigan State, tOSU...schools that have teams with players who will go pro.

Granted not all of us feel that way but it was true for a lot of the fan base from the CCHA I think.

Also, the Seawolves are only attracting 300ish more fans per game on average than the Nanooks. With the difference in population and arena capacity, that is still sad...so it gives us every justification to shove it in your faces .
          And we also have a competing hockey team and numerous nightlife options that compete for the entertainment dollar in Anchorage, so your argument is still dumb. As usual.

Oh and your team is in ninth place and has a losing record. So yeah there's that too.
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

And we also have a competing hockey team and numerous nightlife options that compete for the entertainment dollar in Anchorage, so your argument is still dumb. As usual.

Oh and your team is in ninth place and has a losing record. So yeah there's that too.
            Uhhh....if the Nanooks had played Alabama already like you guys have then the Nanooks would have pretty much the same record as anchorage with only one more loss than wins...sooo your teams record really isn't that impressive either. Good try though.

According to a few UAA fans, we have a competing hockey team too. Also, if you're talking about the Aces...ummm, how can you lose potential audience when they play at the Sullivan too, so that nullifies your statement ...and who needs night life options? I'm perfectly fine going home and spending time with my kid instead.

Comment

Uhhh....if the Nanooks had played Alabama already like you guys have then the Nanooks would have pretty much the same record as anchorage with only one more loss than wins...sooo your teams record really isn't that impressive either. Good try though.

According to a few UAA fans, we have a competing hockey team too. Also, if you're talking about the Aces...ummm, how can you lose potential audience when they play at the Sullivan too, so that nullifies your statement ...and who needs night life options? I'm perfectly fine going home and spending time with my kid instead.
              In case you hadn't noticed, the economy is tight. Many of the Aces fans have season tickets ... and I don't know many people who have the luxury of buying season tickets for the Aces AND for the Seawolves. Unfortunately. At least we're losing fans to a pro team and not a junior team, so there's that!
              Originally Posted by aparch
              I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Must be brutal competing against Club Millennium.
                “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

That's the thing though, we were told we can't use any artificial noise maker, even to keep rhythm in a chant...
                  And like I said, as soon as we knew that rule we abided by it. No one told us nor did we see a sign that said so. (We didn't look hard) And we know it's break and it's understandable that the crowd is missing some students. It was still super quiet at times.

And we haven't reached the age where we want to sit...
                  MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Why don't you **** Alaska retards save your bashing of the other school for when you play, otherwise this thread is a complete waste of my time.

Take it elsewhere, this is like watching the special Olympics...jesus
                    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                      What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                        Why don't you **** Alaska retards save your bashing of the other school for when you play, otherwise this thread is a complete waste of my time.

Take it elsewhere, this is like watching the special Olympics...jesus
                        A little touchy are we????????????

Comment

MTU kills 5 and gets a shorty

Comment

Well, that was a pathetic weekend. Congrats to the Huskies. Hopefully the Nanooks can actually get fired up to play UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by AKJD View Post
                              Well, that was a pathetic weekend. Congrats to the Huskies. Hopefully the Nanooks can actually get fired up to play UAA.
                              Yeah, was going to congratulate them but then I saw the UAA sign the fans of theirs were holding up...soooo, nope.

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                                A little touchy are we????????????
                                Yeah, was going to congratulate them but then I saw the UAA sign the fans of theirs were holding up...soooo, nope.
                                Just saying. You AK folks are a different breed, that's for sure.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X