Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MTU @ UA_ - Wait... We Aren't North Enough Yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MTU @ UA_ - Wait... We Aren't North Enough Yet?

Happens in Anchorage too. I'll never forget when we had milk jugs with coins in them that we would build up all season and then donate in to the summer scholarship fund for the athletes who will stay in town to train in the summer..anyways yeah the security at the Sully took them away....

And I remember one year I went and they wouldn't allow artificial noise makers but yet so many UAA fans had the cowbells. Makes sense.

Seriously though. Props to the MTU fans for cheering on their team...but the main reason people were mad about your noise was the fact that just a few weeks ago we were all given cowbells with a note that said not to use it during play as it could result in a delay of game penalty for our team...SOOO why would it be fair for visiting team fans to break the rules but we couldn't?

Comment

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
      Happens in Anchorage too. I'll never forget when we had milk jugs with coins in them that we would build up all season and then donate in to the summer scholarship fund for the athletes who will stay in town to train in the summer..anyways yeah the security at the Sully took them away....

And I remember one year I went and they wouldn't allow artificial noise makers but yet so many UAA fans had the cowbells. Makes sense.

Seriously though. Props to the MTU fans for cheering on their team...but the main reason people were mad about your noise was the fact that just a few weeks ago we were all given cowbells with a note that said not to use it during play as it could result in a delay of game penalty for our team...SOOO why would it be fair for visiting team fans to break the rules but we couldn't?
      Break the rules? We're pretty good about stopping once the puck is dropped other than keeping rhythm for cheers.
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Interesting that the post game pressed was canceled. I hope it was because Ferguson went Herb Brooks on our guys after that game was over.
        “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
          Sounds about right for the Carlson Center.
          SMG Fun Police ain't nothin to **** with.
          “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
            Break the rules? We're pretty good about stopping once the puck is dropped other than keeping rhythm for cheers.
            Which is what we were using them for, once we were told we couldn't play them at all during play we stopped doing so. It was mentioned that they asked the refs about us and they said we were doing nothing wrong even when playing them during play so there is that. But we'll follow the rules, no issue there, we simply didn't know them. It was fun chanting during the silence though. Awkward silence, still too quiet, and heard a pin drop were my favorites

Carlson is a nice rink though, loved the seats up top and the clear glass. Looking forward to the teddy bar toss, we are quite prepared...
            MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
              So, which one of you knuckleheads planted the technological flag on the Charles Bunnell statue?
              Did anyone happen to take a photo they can share here?
              "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
              Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Burnt Orange Husky View Post
                Did anyone happen to take a photo they can share here?
                It's on the twitter feed for @nanookhockey.

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
                  Carlson is a nice rink though, loved the seats up top and the clear glass. Looking forward to the teddy bar toss, we are quite prepared...
                  Wait, but our rivals assured us it is a dump? Now I'm confused.

I hope you're participating in the teddy bear toss, because teddy bars might hurt the kids. :-)

Comment

A few recaps from last night:

http://m.adn.com/?cu=spreed%3A%2F163...712%2F21353509

http://m.newsminer.com/sports/uaf_na....html?mode=jqm

http://alaskananooks.com/news/2013/1...x?path=mhockey

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
                      It was fun chanting during the silence though. Awkward silence, still too quiet, and heard a pin drop were my favorites
                      Perfect! You think the Carlson is a nice rink? Obviously you didn't sit in the bleachers in the balcony. Terribly uncomfortable and bad sight lines. The joint looked pretty empty ... must have been an Ice Dogs game going on in town.
                      Originally Posted by aparch
                      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                        The joint looked pretty empty
                        You would be an expert on the subject.

Comment

You would be an expert on the subject.
                          Palmer is renowned for marijuana growing but it's kinda mean to assume Suze is an expert on the subject.
                          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Interesting that the post game pressed was canceled. I hope it was because Ferguson went Herb Brooks on our guys after that game was over.
                            Ferguson’s mantra is that he doesn’t want emotions to get too high or too low. Steady as she goes. I think that is one reason why we might play hard, but often without a lot of passion or sense of urgency. I wouldn’t mind seeing him back off on that a little and fire the boys up a little more. As long as you stay away from the stupid stuff, which includes any check to the back anymore, penalties are part of them game. You will get your fair share whether you play physical or not. You will just get called for the ticky-tack stuff to keep it somewhat even.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                              Perfect! You think the Carlson is a nice rink? Obviously you didn't sit in the bleachers in the balcony. Terribly uncomfortable and bad sight lines. The joint looked pretty empty ... must have been an Ice Dogs game going on in town.

Actually they were in the bleachers in the balcony. And you realize it's a holiday weekend right? Many students/fans are traveling this weekend...that's why there was no pep band or JROTC. Seriously though, don't give us a hard time about an empty arena when your own building is blocking off the balcony due to its lack of being used...

Comment

That's the thing though, we were told we can't use any artificial noise maker, even to keep rhythm in a chant...

Comment

Working...
                                X