Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fire Seth Appert

Originally posted by REDRocket View Post
    You leave your blowup doll in Troy? Silly wabbit.
    I was wondering when the slams of me "having a fake girlfriend" were going to come. Perhaps you'd like to meet her? And I'm dead serious on that offer, too. Then again, like DrD's wife, her temper's even hotter than mine, so I wouldn't want bodily harm inflicted upon you. Of course, if we're willing to take the chance of me being able to hold her back...

Comment

Originally posted by RPIPuzzleGuy View Post
      Yes, employing grammatical tricks will surely bolster your point.
      You want to talk about 2011? I seem to remember us only getting to the tournament because Nebraska-Omaha couldn't sweep Alabama Huntsville (in other words getting lucky with who we played), and then being embarrassed on a national scale.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        You want to talk about 2011? I seem to remember us only getting to the tournament because Nebraska-Omaha couldn't sweep Alabama Huntsville (in other words getting lucky with who we played), and then being embarrassed on a national scale.
        So no points for being in a position to take advantage of that? OK.

And last I checked, North Dakota was kind of a decent team.
        Tyler

"I just want to see one conference semifinal appearance before I die" is probably the most pathetic thought I've ever had. Go 'Tute.

Comment

Originally posted by REDRocket View Post
          You leave your blowup doll in Troy? Silly wabbit.
          You think a blowup doll would have him?
          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by RPIPuzzleGuy View Post
            So no points for being in a position to take advantage of that? OK.

And last I checked, North Dakota was kind of a decent team.
            We didn't even get a first-round bye in the league. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: We would be a much better team if we were in another league. However, the game is as such, and we must play our cards in accordance. If we can't beat even our own league, we can't hope to be successful. Heck, look at Yale. They play a similar style to us, yet they can beat the trap with some regularity, and were rewarded with a national championship.

Comment

Originally posted by ibanezist00 View Post
              Hate to break it to you, but anyone who thinks that we will have consistent success, all the time, in (IMO) the most top-to-bottom competitive league in Division I ice hockey... is delusional. You will have ups and downs, that is the nature of college athletics. The man has beyond proven that he can recruit and run a skill-talented team... of course there are other aspects to be improved, but I haven't seen Brown fans calling for the head coach's head after years of dwelling in the basement of the ECAC.
              Well, under Appert, we have been consistent against a team that thinks a .400 record is good. Consistently ****. That's not ups and downs.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                You think a blowup doll would have him?
                Maybe that's what is making him so cranky. He comes across like the kind of person who would indulge in flatulence in a crowded room and expect other people to suck it up. Now he meets someone he's trying to impress and has to exercise the self-restraint required by good manners, which he generally lacks. The strain of all that effort appears as extra flatulence here instead!
                "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                  Maybe that's what is making him so cranky. He comes across like the kind of person who would indulge in flatulence in a crowded room and expect other people to suck it up. Now he meets someone he's trying to impress and has to exercise the self-restraint required by good manners, which he generally lacks. The strain of all that effort appears as extra flatulence here instead!
                  Hmmmm, sounds like you would be the last to leave that crowded room!!
                  I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                    Would you prefer, if we were both in the same crowded room, spontaneous combustion?

Comment

Can we kill this thread please?
                      Hockey is serious business. Everything else is just a game.

RPI Hockey, Syracuse Football, New York Rangers, New York Giants.

Comment

I haven't seen Brown fans calling for the head coach's head after years of dwelling in the basement of the ECAC.
                        That's because our current mediocrity is a marginal improvement on our past mediocrity.

Seriously though, Whittet is building the program from scratch and it's not quite there yet, but it's competitive. We were ALL calling for Roger Grillo's head after his 12-year tenure (*shudder*).

Comment

well, if everyone would just stop posting....

oops!
                          "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Oh, the irony!
                            Originally posted by WiscTJK
                            I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                            Originally posted by Timothy A
                            Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

So when are we going to be getting a coach that will stop blaming his own team and actually start making in-game adjustments? 90/10 is an excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                So when are we going to be getting a coach that will stop blaming his own team and actually start making in-game adjustments? 90/10 is an excuse.
                                Tell me FlagDUDE have you ever played sports in your life? Have you ever coached a team in your life? Im being completely serious here, I've played sports and coached in my life and if it was as easy as your making it seem, then we would all be in some Hall of Fame somewhere. Give it up on the Fire Appert crap. I get it your entitled to your opinions and thats fine but stop being an armchair coach and go coach a team. Let me watch and then slam all your mistakes. Besides, if you were face to face with Coach Appert, I highly doubt you would tell him half the stuff you have been posting lately. Glad you got your keyboard muscles on and know it all about how to coach winning hockey teams. Cant wait to see your team go undefeated. Good luck buddy.
                                Last edited by fishcore12; 11-22-2013, 08:30 PM.
                                Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Working...
                                X