Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fire Seth Appert

Originally posted by ibanezist00 View Post
    Give it a rest For 5 seconds, would you?
    The nice thing about its pretty result driven. At the end of the year you basically get a report card. I challenge anyone to come up with a reason why Appert isn't the worst coach RPI has had in the last 30 years.

Comment

Originally posted by hrbrendan View Post
      The nice thing about its pretty result driven. At the end of the year you basically get a report card. I challenge anyone to come up with a reason why Appert isn't the worst coach RPI has had in the last 30 years.
      Appert is a good recruiter. He represents the school well. Players and administrators like him. I think those are the strongest arguments in his favor.

Comment

Originally posted by vicious View Post
        Appert is a good recruiter. He represents the school well. Players and administrators like him. I think those are the strongest arguments in his favor.
        And what happens to that talent when they get here? With the exception of a goaltender, pretty much nada.

Comment

Previous coaches did that. The next coach will do that too.

Recruiting guys who are good on paper and do not perform is not good recruiting. It is the definition of being out-recruited by your opponents. On top of that, getting them to perform once they arrive is the more important task. Union, a school with worse facilities in an even worse town that Troy (fancy that) right down the road, does an infinitely better job at both aspects, and does so while giving out zero athletic scholarships. None.

Comment

Are we ever gonna win another home playoffs series?

Comment

Originally posted by rjohntute View Post
              Are we ever gonna win another home playoffs series?
              Maybe with someone else behind the bench.

Comment

Previous coaches did that. The next coach will do that too.

Recruiting guys who are good on paper and do not perform is not good recruiting. It is the definition of being out-recruited by your opponents. On top of that, getting them to perform once they arrive is the more important task. Union, a school with worse facilities in an even worse town that Troy (fancy that) right down the road, does an infinitely better job at both aspects, and does so while giving out zero athletic scholarships. None.
                Read a little more carefully. Note that I left "winning big games" off the list.

Comment

My point was that good recruiting is only good if you get good performances out of said recruits. Otherwise its bad recruiting, or bad coaching. Either way, the solution remains the same.

Comment

Originally posted by vicious View Post
                    I completely agree; he represents the school very well indeed. The problem is, we aren't winning enough games. I'll leave the analysis of why to others. Here are some stats:

Coach Years Average Win Percentage
                    Appert 2006-2014 0.438
                    Fridgen 1994-2006 0.521
                    Powers 1989-1994 0.590
                    Addessa 1979-1989 0.584
                    Salfi 1972-1979 0.521
                    Abbott 1969-1972 0.561
                    Kearns 1964-1969 0.417
                    Bjorkman 1963-1964 0.692
                    Harkness 1949-1963 0.631
                    Callan 1925-1938 0.214
                    Clark 1917-1925 0.221
                    --Overall-- 1901-2014 0.528

source: http://www.uscho.com/stats/history/r...key/2013-2014/
                    Let's give a cheer for old Rensselaer... You bring the whiskey, I'll bring the beer!

Comment

Actually, when I was at RPI, we won a grand total of ZERO playoff games.

Comment

My point is that we haven't been done with the season for more than maybe two hours and we're already getting the pot stirred. I personally like things to sink in a bit for me before I try to analyze everything and become an armchair coach.
                        Hockey is serious business. Everything else is just a game.

RPI Hockey, Syracuse Football, New York Rangers, New York Giants.

Comment

Forget this year then. Pretend it wasn't horrible. You still can't find a worse coach in the last 30 years. He'll you'd probably have a hard time finding a worse one since WW2.

Comment

After being shut out AND swept by an Atlantic team, it's time to bring this thread back. When are we going to get someone that can actually coach offense?

Comment

Dear Santa,

All I want for Christmas is a coach that can actually win games. I've been a good little boy this year, and my alma mater deserves so much more. That is my wish.

Love,
                              FlagDUDE08

Comment

Anyone start a Patreon campaign to buy out Appert's remaining 4.5 years yet?

Comment

Working...
                                X