Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nahl

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
    Looks to me that UC is loaded this year. (not drunk...beat you to it). Their frosh are huge, look like they all from Maine.
    I'd say they r the 1 or 2 team to beat in the east along with Platty...Lets see how they do with the bullseye this yr..

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
      I'd say they r the 1 or 2 team to beat in the east along with Platty...Lets see how they do with the bullseye this yr..
      Can we play them again? Signed Cortland

Comment

Re: Utica College Pioneers '13-'14 = Lewiston or Bust

Headline on today's Utica OD: Hockey's back in Utica I guess they did not have enough space to put "Pro" in the headline. At least the Mayor Palmieri got it right.."Not only is pro hockey back in Utica...."

I hope your ticket UC pickup went well yesterday! I did not see the news last night, but my wife said the TV station had a piece about UC season ticket pick up and the upcoming season. No mention in the paper, but then if had I guess they would of needed to fit "Pro" on the front page of today's OD.
        Last edited by UCBadger; 10-23-2013, 06:42 AM.
        2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
        2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
        2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
        2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
        2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
        2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
        2009 D-III TOP runner-up
        Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
        1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post
          I was only using cardinal directions, since the original question did so.
          That response might be your weakest yet, as least as far as trolling on here goes... ( Really saying something, albeit in a negative way.)

I've just recently had the misfortune to see you chime-in in a completely superfluous manner on the SLU thread, too... Have you nothing better to do with what time you have left than to prattle-away pointlessly on this board?

Reconsider your mission on Earth, and please go away and back-slap on the Norwich thread, already... At least you'll be among like-minded fellows there.
          Last edited by Fishman'81; 10-24-2013, 12:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by OZFEST View Post
            Can we play them again? Signed Cortland

UC doesn't want to see Cortland again for at least 10 years, despite outshooting them by the Grand Canyon...

Oswego..? Utica would like to have them for dinner every Friday and Saturday, all season long.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              See Post #33. Then do some research.
              I've already done what research I care to do. I have an actual job, and you're the one with the flimsy axe to grind.

Now, this is when you tell us all which team had a better SOS in the East last year, right?

(Yes, I know you'll pull your little dress over your face once more, and duck that question yet again.)
              Last edited by Fishman'81; 10-24-2013, 01:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by UCBadger View Post
                Headline on today's Utica OD: Hockey's back in Utica I guess they did not have enough space to put "Pro" in the headline. At least the Mayor Palmieri got it right.."Not only is pro hockey back in Utica...."

I hope your ticket UC pickup went well yesterday! I did not see the news last night, but my wife said the TV station had a piece about UC season ticket pick up and the upcoming season. No mention in the paper, but then if had I guess they would of needed to fit "Pro" on the front page of today's OD.
                The OD essentially ignored Utica hockey for 5-6 years, until the turnout at The Aud had the tail wagging the dog in a journalistic sense, and that sorry fish-wrapping had to find a way to wake up and lend credence to what everyone in town already knew about.

That rag has since climbed on the UC bandwagon, but was quick to lick the AHL's boots once the latter flung a little fool's-gold at its feet... (I wonder what it'll publish next year when Vancouver goes back to BC?)

Having said all of that, the Fan Fest/whatever sounded like fun. The weather was crappy to the east and north... ("East" and "north" do actually exist in a geographical reality, Joe, just so you know.) I hope that the fans who showed-up in Utica stayed dry and had a good time.

As far as the season ticket party on yesterday went, it seemed smooth to me at 5:30.

I didn't hang around to eat pizza, nor to impose myself on the players who found my tickets, but the operation was run with efficacy from where I stood, and I got my 4 seats without a glitch. (That was a far-cry from how they handled it last year; some long-time season-tickets holders didn't have their passes in hand for the opener.)
                Last edited by Fishman'81; 10-24-2013, 01:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                  I've just recently had the misfortune to see you chime-in in a completely superfluous manner on the SLU thread, too... Have you nothing better to do with what time you have left than to prattle-away pointlessly on this board?
                  Demonstrating your reading comprehension skills again, or not letting a fact get in the way of making an argument?

That wasn't me.
                  Go 'Wick!

Comment

Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post
                    Demonstrating your reading comprehension skills again, or not letting a fact get in the way of making an argument?

That wasn't me.
                    Sorry, it wasn't you... I worked 18 hours yesterday and wasn't thinking straight.

It was Joe something-or-other.

(I tend to regard all of you UC-trollers as the same guy; my bad on this one.)

Comment

UC doesn't want to see Cortland again for at least 10 years, despite outshooting them by the Grand Canyon...

Oswego..? Utica would like to have them for dinner every Friday and Saturday, all season long.
                      11-6 overall fishy. Lets dance.

Comment

Originally posted by OZFEST View Post
                        11-6 overall fishy. Lets dance.
                        I was just talking a little smack in response to yours, and referencing recent results...

Believe me, I meant no disrespect to Oswego; on the contrary, I think that they do nearly everything right.

They play in a league that possesses an AQ, yet they still take-on all formidable comers -even on the road- despite the risks involved. I truly admire that.

I consider OSU to be the top program in the East in during the 12 years I've followed D-3... And the fact that they fearlessly schedule W teams has opened the door for meaningful comparisons to be made between them, and has paved the way for a few W teams to get NCAA berths that most likely would not have been otherwise offered.

You just have to admire a program with a set like that.

Comment

I consider OSU to be the top program in the East in during the 12 years I've followed D-3... And the fact that they fearlessly schedule W teams .
                          As do most of the teams in the SUNYAC. It's just that after Oswego and Plattsburgh there's not much to write home about.
                          2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                          2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                          2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                          2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

True enough, but the fact that OSU sticks its neck out v. Elmira, Hobart and Utica when they don't necessarily have to speaks volumes about how that program views itself.

The lesser SUNYAC teams need to schedule-up and hope for some SOS help in that regard, yes, but OSU could probably just keep running the table in-conference during typical years, and letting the AQ fall into its lap as often as not, while avoiding any contact with strong OOC opponents.

They don't do that, though; they go out on the hunt and pursue dangerous game, which is something you don't see very often at the D-3 level.
                            Last edited by Fishman'81; 10-28-2013, 02:29 AM.

Comment

True enough, but the fact that OSU sticks its neck out v. Elmira, Hobart and Utica when they don't necessarily have to speaks volumes about how that program views itself.

That they don't do that, though; they go out on the hunt and pursue dangerous game, which is something you don't see very often at the D-3 level.
                              Thank god they do or the ECAC West would have an even more pathetic OOC schedule only boosting their win % and SOS up that much more.

Id much rather play this OOC however.

UWS
                              MIDD/NORWICH
                              HAMILTON
                              HOBART/WILLIAMS
                              SKIDMORE
                              CASTLETON
                              AT NORWICH
                              AT MIDDLEBURY
                              AT WILLIAMS
                              Remy Babineaux
                              remyb616@gmail.com
                              D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                                Thank god they do or the ECAC West would have an even more pathetic OOC schedule only boosting their win % and SOS up that much more.

Id much rather play this OOC however.

UWS
                                MIDD/NORWICH
                                HAMILTON
                                HOBART/WILLIAMS
                                SKIDMORE
                                CASTLETON
                                AT NORWICH
                                AT MIDDLEBURY
                                AT WILLIAMS
                                Does the UWS game count towards primary criteria??
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X