#2 Wisconsin heads to #7 BC (10/18) and #15 BU (10/19) HE/B1G challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #2 Wisconsin heads to #7 BC (10/18) and #15 BU (10/19) HE/B1G challenge

The Badgers got off to a good start with their first season opening sweep since 2004 against Northern Michigan University.

Boston College lost to Michigan and beat Rensselaer.

Boston University beat Massachusetts and Holy Cross.

These games are part of the inaugural Big Ten/Hockey East challenge.
    Last edited by Innova; 10-16-2013, 02:46 PM.

Re: #2 Wisconsin heads to #7 BC (10/18) and #15 BU (10/19) HE/B1G challenge

Hope it goes as well for the road team visiting Boston (and Chestnut Hill, in this case ) as it did in June.
    Last edited by Gurtholfin; 10-16-2013, 03:39 PM.

Comment

A weekend that really can set the tone for the early part of the schedule. Would love a "sweep", but winning at least one is a must.

Will there be any kind of shootout after a potential over time period due to the Big Ten/Hockey East Challenge?

Comment

Originally posted by SatNightFever View Post
        Will there be any kind of shootout after a potential over time period due to the Big Ten/Hockey East Challenge?
        I've seen this question posed and I really don't know the answer. My guess is no?
        Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
        Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
        Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Great road trip and no TV.

Any good streams for BC or BU games?

Comment

In the case of a tie, we'll have joeyv and CHRIS!!!!!!!!!! in a cage match to discuss which team's recruits are better.

I think we all know who will win this.
            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNightFever View Post
              Most likely not, the scoring is 2 pts for a win, 1 for a tie and a bonus point for a road win. The original article said if a big ten school uses a shoot out it won't factor in the challenge, the result would still be a tie. Since Hockey East doesn't use shootouts I wouldn't anticipate any this weekend.

Comment

Looking forward to the game Saturday night.

BU is relying heavily on freshman. They eeked out a couple of wins last weekend.. but I anticipate they will struggle against the upper tier tiems like Wisconsin. I think BU is talented but inexperienced and seeing how we do against Wisco will be interesting.

Creating a "challenge" after the fact with games that had already been scheduled is lame. Being part of a "challenge" makes these games no more interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                  Being part of a "challenge" makes these games no more interesting.

Agreed, but being part of a challenge means we will consistently have each other (BTHC vs. HE) on the non-con schedule - which is a positive.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                    Agreed, but being part of a challenge means we will consistently have each other (BTHC vs. HE) on the non-con schedule - which is a positive.
                    Perhaps... But with the number of OOC opportunities I don't think it would be an issue anyway. At least not for the BU's, BC's and Wisco's

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                      Perhaps... But with the number of OOC opportunities I don't think it would be an issue anyway. At least not for the BU's, BC's and Wisco's
                      They aren't the only teams in the league...
                      Originally posted by Hokydad
                      Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                        They aren't the only teams in the league...
                        There has been nothing that indicates the schools that are unable to schedule games with the opposing conference on their own will be slotted into matchups in the future. No matter how well MC plays this year I doubt Minnesota comes to Lawler next year.

Comment

I predict the Badgers will get two wins, and take over the #1 spot in the country after this weekend.

BC/BU fans....tell me why I am wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Innova View Post
                            I predict the Badgers will get two wins, and take over the #1 spot in the country after this weekend.

If Wisconsin manages to pull out a win at Conte on Friday, they are going to be tired facing a physical BU team on Saturday. BC rarely loses big matchups during the regular season recently though. On paper Wisconsin probably wins both. I would think their game plan should be to slow BC down, try not to take penalties (pretty much impossible for a mid-western team in a Hockey East arena), and look for transition offense. Then just play solid D vs BU and wait for them to turn the puck over on defense (which they will). If Wisconsin tries to play too physical with BC or tries to do too much vs BU they might have a bad weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Innova View Post

As a BC fan, sorry, I can't. The Eagles are skating like 30 freshmen, most of them have the flu and the ones that don't have no sticks. Not to mention... someone stole all the goalie equipment. If you guys don't give BC a thorough beat down then you should be ashamed.

Lose at BU?? hahahahahahaha... ain't happening.

Congrats on your #1 ranking. See ya in April.
                              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Working...
                              X