Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2013-2014 Union Dutchmen - Can U Three Peat?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2013-2014 Union Dutchmen - Can U Three Peat?

FlagDude is the worst poster on USCHO. I think plenty of RPI fans would agree.

Union should not have gotten involved in a fight with a joke of a team like RPI. They are below us. Really not worth it.
    LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Originally posted by ibanezist00 View Post
      You mean words out of your head, actually.
      I think he's trying to say that because four Union players were penalized as opposed to five, although Bodie was in two of the altercations: Higgs AND Zalewski.

Comment

• Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post
        FlagDude is the worst poster on USCHO. I think plenty of RPI fans would agree.

Union should not have gotten involved in a fight with a joke of a team like RPI. They are below us. Really not worth it.
        Joke of a team that is below you and beat you last night... People need to be careful with wording choice.
        Hockey is serious business. Everything else is just a game.

RPI Hockey, Syracuse Football, New York Rangers, New York Giants.

Comment

Another View - http://www.dailygazette.com/news/201...26_MacAdamCol/

"I was prepared to write about how he and Appert are a few good men for coming up with the idea to play an annual non-conference game at the Times Union Center .....
          I’m not changing that stance, no way, because, for the second year in a row, the Mayor’s Cup drew a terrific, boisterous crowd, and the teams played a close game with the hard edge of crosstown rivals."

Coaches appologies seem sincere and seem to be on the same page. Maybe both coaches want everyone to move on. Looks like we were not the only fight in College hockey this past weekend as conference play heats up. Ferris State went at it last weekend.

Certainly made the hockey news. Times Center will probably sell out next year.

http://deadspin.com/college-hockey-g...hem-1509292572
          http://fansided.com/2014/01/26/colle...-video/#!to9cu
          http://nesn.com/2014/01/coaches-rest...y-fight-video/
          http://unitedstatesofhockey.com/2014...ng-restrained/
          http://thebiglead.com/2014/01/26/rpi...l-coach-fight/
          http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/jrh...160016705.html
          http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...n-total-mayhem
          Last edited by Dutchman; 01-26-2014, 12:53 PM.
          DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
          DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

The game was over. He has every right to get off the bench. Apparently saying anything is more arrogant than punching an opposing player. Union fan logic...
            you are correct. the rule book does NOT mention anything about coaches not being able to go on to the ice after the game is over when there is an altercation between opposing players.

Comment

Joke of a team that is below you and beat you last night... People need to be careful with wording choice.
              Do we really need to go over what has happened between these two teams over the last 5-6 years? Happy to do it if you cannot recall.
              LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                you are correct. the rule book does NOT mention anything about coaches not being able to go on to the ice after the game is over when there is an altercation between opposing players.

yes it does. refs told stewey they had told both benches AND coaches to stay off

stay tuned.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                  yes it does. refs told stewey they had told both benches AND coaches to stay off

stay tuned.
                  you're changing the argument now. if in fact he was told to stay off the ice, then yes, that could be different. but there is nothing in the rule book that says "coaches must stay off the ice after the game if there's an altercation". i didn't know appert was told to stay off the ice, however.

Comment

At the risk of sounding like I'm picking sides, it looks to me that Bennett was attempting to get at the RPI asst coach standing behind the player he hit. Whoever he was going after, it was the wrong thing to do.
                    Quinnipiac Bobcats
                    2023 National Champions
                    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                    ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                    East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                    Northeast Regional:
                    West Regional: 2015, 2021
                    Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                    Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

you're changing the argument now. if in fact he was told to stay off the ice, then yes, that could be different. but there is nothing in the rule book that says "coaches must stay off the ice after the game if there's an altercation". i didn't know appert was told to stay off the ice, however.
                      well was he told, "stay off the ice or else RB will come over and shove you!"?
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                        At the risk of sounding like I'm picking sides, it looks to me that Bennett was attempting to get at the RPI asst coach standing behind the player he hit. Whoever he was going after, it was the wrong thing to do.
                        this is a 'risk free zone'!! come on in!!!
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

watch video closely
                          bennett stsys off. appert struts oht running mouth and gesturing at union player. who was ten feet from his coach a.d getting off

Comment

yes it does. refs told stewey they had told both benches AND coaches to stay offhttp://board.uscho.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=5866446

stay tuned.
                            So where, exactly, was Bennett standing when he punched a student?

Anyone saying the two sides should share the blame equally is like the woman agreeing to let Solomon divide the baby. 50-50 only seems like a good deal if you know you actually deserve a worse fate.
                            If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

watch video closely
                              bennett stsys off. appert struts oht running mouth and gesturing at union player. who was ten feet from his coach a.d getting off
                              you first!

Comment

;
                                Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                well was he told, "stay off the ice or else RB will come over and shove you!"?
                                Actually, RB was saving SA. He was demonstrating, over all the commotion, what would happen to SA if Rosemary got across the boards before he did.
                                Hockey is life, the rest is just details!

Comment

Working...
                                X